Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

If I wanted to make a shapeshifter druid in Baldur's Gate 1 (enhanced), what stats am I actually wanting. The spells need wisdom right? Even though the game says Charisma is the primary stat of a druid. But then I'm assuming I'll also want strength as a werewolf focused druid, so I'm staring at my roll of 88 and not sure where to put my points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Factor_VIII posted:

In your polymorphed form your physical stats are set at a certain value regardless of your base stats. As a result, if you plan to spend most of your time in werewolf form your physical stats don't matter that much. Even your hit points change to match the werewolf form's constitution. You might as well therefore max out Wisdom and Charisma and have a decent Intelligence to deal with Mind Flayers.

Thank you.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Man some of the character selection/action audio clips in baldur's gate 1 were BAD.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I'm having an issue in baldur's gate 1 where mouse edge scrolling doesn't work on the left side of the screen, but does work everywhere else.
Edit: Closing the game and restarting it fixed the issue so whatever caused it, I'll just quicksave and quit real quick if it ever happens again. Game has a pretty quick startup, so no biggie.
VV Nope.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 22, 2013

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

It's not my imagination that the "defensive cleric" ai script will never actually cast healing spells on teammates unless directly ordered is it.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is it normal/okay to be going into the Nashkel mines with my party all being level 1 except jaheira? It's been a while since I really played bg1.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

What should an assassin character be keeping their Move Silently/Hide in Shadows at relative to their level? There aren't many skill points to go around for an assassin, so should I just be dumping everything in to those? I'm assuming higher level enemies have a higher chance of spotting you out of it or something. My memory of these old DnD games is rustier than I thought it was until I tried playing them again.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 24, 2013

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thanks guys for the stealth tips.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Talking to the mayor of Nashkel will stop the timer on Xzar as well right? (I assume so since it works that way on Jaheira.)

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Blacknose posted:

Anyone have any experience getting IWD1 stable in Win7? I managed to play for a few hours but then it started stuttering and crashing periodicity and now won't load any save games.

Not the answer you're looking for, but the GoG version should be pretty stable in windows 7.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

BadAstronaut posted:

Also the new lines of dialogue are sometimes just... silly. Like they tried to throw in too many comic options instead of actual possible real responses. Just for this quest so far I'm noticing it. It seems a little bit out of place.

I agree, but it's still not as bad/out of place as a lot of the character selection audio clips from the original baldur's gate. STOP TOUCHING MEEE.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

So much of BG1's audio was just goofy. Khalid's Chia ad, Xzar and Jaheira breaking the fourth wall outright. And the dialogue choices contained much more "ye" and "thou" than subsequent games.

I seriously consider throwing Jaheira out of my party because I can only hear "Yes, oh omnipresent authority figure?" so many times before I want to turn off the game.

BadAstronaut posted:

This Dragomir fight. Bullshit. I'm normally not a sperging nerd about this kind of thing but this is really not as good and well designed as the original BG2 content. From the voice acting to the dialogue options to the weird bucket-to-open-a-tomb to the way that literally only two items in my inventory, and no magic, can affect this enemy? What the gently caress Overhaul Games?

I beat the Dragomir fight by just webbing him in place and pelting him with ranged stuff/magic. Magic can definitely affect him.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Nov 25, 2013

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I found it fun to scout ahead and pick out the scariest enemy in the room to instant kill with an assassin backstab before the fighting starts.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Can your alignment actually change in bg1/2? I don't remember. I remember having a game of NWN2 where I was a chaotic good warlock, and then I made too many lawful decisions and wasn't allowed to level up anymore.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Baldur's Gate 1 get's really fun at like, level 3 or something. The first couple levels really suck. Baldur's gate 2 is fun from the outset though.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

In BG2EE, when you right click the "shape shift wolf" to see it's stats, it gives you the description for barkskin instead, at least in my game right now. Really minor bug but still weird.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is doing a 2 person party through baldur's gate a doable thing? Or does splitting the experience two ways slow down the fast growth from a normal solo play too much, if you get what I mean?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

This might seem like kind of a dumb question, but is there a mod to make it so resting heals you without anyone in the party with healing spells? It's more of a convenience thing so I don't have to back track to heal a lot, if I want to 2 person party without a healer. (BG1)

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Icewind Dale 2 was 3.5 right? Then that's the one true ruleset as far as I'm concerned.

I really loved Icewind dale's, especially 2. Baldur's Gate style game that was designed to be more friendly to a multiplayer experience was just great. I wonder if Beamdog would do Icewind Dale enhanced. I'm not sure what new actual content they would add though since the entirety of their new content with BGEE has been about new npc party members and Icewind dale there were no npc party members.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Didn't NWN2 have difficulty options? How to balance it is pretty straightforward if it did. Easier difficulties balanced around recommended builds, Harder difficulties balanced around optimized builds.

I'm not necessarily saying they succeeded in that, I don't remember the game all that well. But nothing about the ruleset hinders proper balance of difficulty.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

The biggest problem with NWN2 in my memory wasn't anything to do with trying to plan my character, but instead the fact that I'd made a pretty cool assassin type I liked and then spent half the game against immune to back stab enemies. That's overridden any other thoughts I could have of that game.
Edit: Actually and the time my chaotic good warlock became too lawful and I couldn't level anymore. Man that game.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Dec 1, 2013

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

You can also get Neera before doing the mines, where was Xan isn't until after the mines. So if you don't want to be forced to take Minsk for Dynaheir, Neera is your best super early option.
Also wild mages are cool.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

In Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced: what stats should a sun soul monk be going for? It's not super clear. Does wisdom affect any of the special abilities?

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jul 30, 2014

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thanks for the advice about monk stats.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Does icewind dale 2 have favored souls, or was it just the neverwinter nights 2 expansions that had them?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Makes sense. It's been a long time since I played icewindale 2 so I couldn't remember for sure. Really liked favored souls but they're in basically no d&d games, I guess as they are 3.5.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Was thinking of playing Icewind Dale 1 again. It's been a very long time. I was going to grab the widescreen mod of course, and maybe the tweak pack. That's kind of it as far as Icewind Dale mods that are worth doing right?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

In our coop playthrough of BG2 EE, we just picked up viconia and out of the reputation drop, Aerie is threatening to leave a lot. The "if you don't change things I'll leave" voice clip. She won't actually leave until a further reputation drop right? Not just time passing at this reputation.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

kaschei posted:

If you are at 3-5 reputation she will stay but if you remove her from your party she won't ever rejoin you, at 1 or 2 reputation she will leave on her own.

This is good to know. Thanks.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I had asked this in steam thread but I realized it's obviously a smarter question here:

Does Icewind Dale have that same bug from BG, where if you are playing multiplayer it will not cast heal spells automatically on rest? It really grinds the whole experience to a halt.

Edit: In enhanced edition, does the "paladin won't accept quest rewards" rule hold true for all paladin kits, even the evil blackgaurds?

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 30, 2014

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Does the new BG expansion add anything back into BG:EE if I was going to play through the main game first? The new class I assume, but anything else? (even if its just interface improvements and stuff)

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Hey I've asked this I think in these threads a few times, but maybe it's changed. Did they ever patch a fix in for healing spells not working on rest in multiplayer at some point? In any of these EEs.

Wizard Styles posted:

e: Metacritic is even worse, wow.

The metacritic is probably so much worse because you don't need to actually have played/bought the game to join the hate mob.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 4, 2016

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

I wanna discuss some of the improvements that SoD have made to Baldur's Gate, because holy crap, they are so glorious it is a shame it gets drowned in pretty much everything else. The wonderful map zooming where particle effects are still playing, the inventory management made so much better, the statistics breakdown of weapons, the new spell books which are a marked improvement on the old (imo, opinion may vary naturally) and the way dual-wielding or using shields can now be done even with a bow on another item slot, that all the buttons on the toolbar are tied to function keys meaning it is easier to spam lockpicking for once, rotating quicksaves, new portrait system (the old one was such shite in a way), quick loot button, bless that thing, and all of the small things you can click on and off to tailor your experience, this really makes this game out to be the definitive way to play Baldur's Gate for me right now.

These changes are all present in the original campaign if I buy the expansion right?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

This is a Neverwinter Nights question, which I know isn't infinity engine, but this thread is the most likely to have people who know about it. What happens with your base attack bonus when you multiclass? I have a level 6 ranger, which means my base attack bonus is currently +6/+1. If I multiclass into rogue does my base attack bonus stop increasing until my rogue gets to a level at which they'd start getting more BAB than my ranger left off on, or does it add on top? An example for what I'm asking: a level 2 rogue would normally have +1 BAB, so would a ranger6/rogue2 have +6/+1, +7/+1, or +7/+2?

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Kavak posted:

By 3rd Edition rules it adds up directly.

The rogue 2's +1 only adds onto the first swing making it +7/+1, or does it add as if I was reaching the next tier for a +7/+2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Cool, thanks for the help guys.