Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Since Sleep of Bronze linked it, let me ask: What are the general opinions on Spellhold Studios? It's the first modding site I ever got involved with, but that was so long ago and I don't really trust 14-year-old me's opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BadAstronaut posted:

Great thread - thank you. Can you please add to the I can't hurt this monster, help! section of the OP a breakdown of each of the golem types and the required weapon (blunt, or +3 or whatever)?

I think it's against the law to not include Minsc's quote on the subject.

"No effect?! I need a bigger sword!"

:black101:

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Factor_VIII posted:

Maybe you could equip the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity and roll with it.

Srs question: will Shar-Teel's scripting break if she talks to a character with the Belt equipped?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I never use AI in general. I just micromanage everything myself.

It's easier than it sounds, just set your fighters to autoattack, and have "pause on spell cast" and "pause on target gone" enabled, you can keep up really well.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Factor_VIII posted:

Infinite I think.

Have you tried scrolls of protection from magic or undead? In my last game I took him out with an Fighter/Mage/Cleric wielding the Staff of Rynn +4 and the Ring of the Ram while under the protection of Spell Immunity: Abjuration.

I used Prot from Undead and had Minsc whack him with the Mace of Disruption until he got disrupted. Twice.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Corvinus posted:

All liches and demiliches are vulnerable to Azuredge and MoD, so if you're stuck and don't mind reloading a bit it's possible to whack both his forms on the first hit.

That's the best solution. It throws you off a bit because neither is magic enough to hit him and the regular blows have no effect but the disruption/whatever Azuredge does goes off beautifully.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

:siren:And now there is!:siren: Also, I think Skwirl was also the person to suggest the pantaloons importing fix. Weird guy!

You say that as if the whole pantaloons adventure wasn't already hilariously weird.

Unrelated: I claim Pantaloons Adventure for a band name.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

fong posted:

There are all kinds of ways, like this, to cheese the game. Another example is jumping between rooms when a mage starts casting at you.

I was always a fan of the ol' "invisible human doorstops + ranged attacks" cheese myself. The AI just cannot figure out why it can't go through the doors.

Note that higher level mages cast True Sight and/or Invisibility Purge which does limit this one somewhat.

e: autocorrect can die in a fire.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
There are some good quest mods for Fallout and Elder Scrolls games, so I don't think it's totally fair to say that fan-made content is never worth it, but Sturgeon's Law certainly applies and I can't think of any stellar quest mods for Infinity Engine games so you might be right as far as that goes.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

always be closing posted:

Does the mage do big melee damage with staff? Id like to open up from the shadows with a barrage of slingshots then clean up with staff presumeably.

Staves are the best backstab weapons there are. A mage/thief doing staff backstabs will regularly OHKO the strongest of foes.

e: a specific staff, actually, but still

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

always be closing posted:

Thanks for the posts guys. So ill make a theif/mage, what do ibput my 2 ability points into and what should be a good starting stat setup?

Staves and slings, so that you have a ranged option. For stats, 18 Dex and Int, high Con, high Wis if you can spare the points.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Milky Moor posted:

When I paid attention to the BG2 modding scene, the three big NPCs - maybe the only three, really - were Fade, that one and some guy who I think was called Kelsey?

One I remember, and actually used for a while because I was a teenager with terrible taste, was Chloe. She was the daughter of some wind god or other and had 25 dexterity and she was a lesbian who romanced Imoen if the PC didn't romance her.

After I typed that, I reread it, and now I want to go back and kick my teenage self in the groin.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Factor_VIII posted:

In 2E, 25 is the maximum stat possible. With enough stat-boosting tomes it is theoretically possible to get that stat, so maybe she started out with an 18 and found a cache of dex tomes before meeting the PC. :)

Her wind god mother meets her in her quests, iirc, so unfortunately she really is Mary Sue incarnate.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

fong posted:

That only protects party members from exploding and dying permanently if they get hit for too much damage. I can never remember if its -15% or -15 HP, but a hit that would take them lower than that (i.e. on 5HP and get hit for 21 damage) makes them explode.

Its strange that he exploded, petrified people only do that if they take damage. It can happen on the easiest difficulty though.

DoT that didn't wear off when he got petrified?

Also he wasn't technically in the party since petrifaction automatically removes the character from the party, hence no 'splode protection. (P sure it's -15 hp.)

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zephro posted:

This applies to some of the beefier enemies too (hi Fire Giants!) so bear in mind that it gets harder to use fighters as tanks.

By the time you're fighting fire giants your mages should have Time Stop and/or Imp Alacrity plus ninth level spells. Who needs a tank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, I'm very excited about the possibility of having a solid portable version of some of my favorite games.

But not for $50, Christ.

if you have a tablet the mobile versions are very good and only :10bux: