Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Well I had a big ol post talking about the budget and last month, but I lost it. I'll retype it sometime.

Basically the gist is that August went really well, and I'm still working on September's budget (I know I know). As I said I'm pretty much there so it's not like we're frozen with being unable to get groceries or something, but I just still need to analyze the house for baby stuff. Probably gonna do a $700 payment to the car or so.

Are you not maintaining YNAB anymore? Shouldn't you be able to just clip it into imgur and post it for August actuals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
So you haven't posted spend or a budget in almost a month. Hopefully this is because you're boringly on track and not because you're way over spent.

I hope you're still tracking your spending and/or at least not exceeding your envelope budgets. Don't forget history tells us when you stop tracking you start overspending.

Hope things are going well Knyteguy.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
He basically been hinting at August being overspend and with all the activity that's been going on it sounds like September is overspent.

My wild card (I hope this isn't true) guess is they bought a second car.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I mean it's pretty obvious at this point that he's overspent. Hopefully not significantly, but he's avoiding posting any real numbers so the thread doesn't beat him up.

He'll probably do some napkin math and start budgeting again in October without explaining why his bank balances dropped $1,000-$3,000.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Bugamol posted:

My wild card (I hope this isn't true) guess is they bought a second car.

Knyteguy posted:

Alright so I'll just say it. Yes we bought a second car. Not even for the commute.

A.) Hope you're joking
B.) If you're not joking I hope you at least bought a beater since it's a second car
C.) If you're not joking and added a car payment / insurance costs you have even more reason to post budgets and reconcile spend every month

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Looking back through the thread it looks like the last time we got an "actual" update from you was at the beginning of July for June spend where you were overspent and failed the charity challenge. Now you've basically gone dark on the thread for 3 months and apparently bought a car during that time. Have you blown through all your savings at this point?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
The biggest problem I've always had with Knyteguy is that his actions <> his goals. He continually brags about how disciplined he is and yet this thread is hitting a two year anniversary.

Knyteguy's Goals
Get 3-6 months of emergency funds setup and save
September 2015 update $6,833 balance ($11,000-$22,470) - Not met 30%-60% complete (estimated here because I didn't want to look up the actual numbers)

Pay off the debt
September 2015 update $49,093 balance ($60,000 start of thread) - Not met 20% complete

Save for a house down payment ($0/30,000) 0% met
September 2015 update $0 - Not met 0% complete

It's been two years and that ignores the thread you posted 3-4 years ago. Are you doing bad? Absolutely not. Are you doing good? Absolutely not. You're waffling around somewhere in the middle.

EDIT: Brags is probably the wrong word, but continually talks about how disciplined he is or "can be".

EDIT 2:
To put it another way. This thread turned 22 months old a few days ago.

Knyteguy's Goals
Get 3-6 months of emergency funds setup and save
September 2015 update contributed $6,833 to savings or $310 per month

Pay off the debt
September 2015 update paid off $10,907 in debt or $495 per month

Save for a house down payment ($0/30,000) 0% met
September 2015 update contributed $0 to house down payment or $0 per month

Net estimated monthly income $3,571 (based on July) or $2,766 per month not going towards your goals.

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 21, 2015

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I waffled back and forth on 3-4 different replies.

I agree with Star War Sex Parrot - just bail on the thread. It's definitely not as bad as Slow Motion, but you're at a point where you don't really care about getting advice anymore, so why keep posting. If you're looking for people in BFC to circle jerk the fact that you met budget for 3-4 months out of the last 12 it's probably not going to happen.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Just remember - getting a job in Silicon Valley or Seattle is probably going to mean working 50-60 hour weeks (plus commutes). Since you couldn't handle being stuck at work for an extra hour to wait for a car ride each day I'm not sure if this aligns to your goals.

I recently got a job offer from Amazon in Seattle and turned it down even though it was a substantial raise.

1.) Rent is about $2,000-$2,500 a month for a studio in the city
2.) Rent is about $1600 a month outside the city but it's a 45 - 60 minute commute
3.) They work A LOT (even though I work about 60 hours a week right now, ugh)
4.) We would be moving pretty far away from family

You continue to have misaligned goals and will continue to be unhappy and impulsive if you can't figure that poo poo out.

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 23, 2015

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Tigntink posted:

Your experience has been our experience as well. The big thing is you've got to set your own boundaries. Manager wants you to work Saturday? Tell them to gently caress off unless it's legitimately something you hosed up on and need to catch up and finish. Husband has been with 4 different divisions over 9 years and any time it looks like some director wants to make a name, just skate out into another division.

Well I'm sure Amazon varies greatly by department but they made it pretty clear during the interview process that they stack rank and it's pretty much required to work 50+ hour weeks to not end up at the bottom of that pool. Maybe it's different for programmers. I work in finance.

Also we looked at places to live and if I wanted to be <30 minute commute (granted Amazon is downtown Seattle). Rent was easily north of $1750-$2000 for studio apartments. Just browsing craigslists the ones that are in actual Seattle and not "Seattle Area" are all $1750+, but I don't live there so I'm in no way an expert.

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 23, 2015

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
We've said it 200x but don't forget CA has about 9% state income tax so you'd need to make up that gap as well.

I personally don't know why anyone would want to live in SV or SF unless they're DINKS making $250k+ a year or don't mind 2 hour commutes. But that's just personal preference.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I'd just like to see you set a budget and actually live within it for >6 months.

No shell games, no "something came up", no "we under spent in electricity so it's okay that we're $300 over in groceries", no "we're going to make up for it next month (which you never do)". Set a budget. Live within the budget. Set a reasonable budget, set a reasonable savings goal, set a reasonable debt repayment plan.

If you under spend on a budget line item, don't treat it as a windfall put it into savings or debt repayment. Control your impulses. You have a like 5 pets and a new born. You don't need project cars, video games, or hobbies.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

ladyweapon posted:

One of my company's customers works in the Bay Area and commutes from Modesto every day because rent is too expensive. That's a 1.5 hour commute one way. From what he tells me, Modesto rents are going up to the tune of $1400/mo for a 2bd apartment downtown. I'm assuming there has to be some kind of nice, new building downtown that he's living in, but still. $1400 per month to live in Modesto.

As someone who lives in that general area in CA I can definitely confirm that rent is spiraling everywhere. I have a coworker who lives in Dublin (Tri-Valley near Bart) who pays $2,100 a month for a STUDIO. Granted it's a nice building in a great location, but $2,100 a month for a studio.

$1400/month for a 2bd in Modesto doesn't sound too far off, but it's probably one of the newer apartment complexes.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
I still don't understand why you stopped using the excel spreadsheet I sent you. Maybe because it made it too obvious that you're overspending and it was harder for you to hide things. (Joking.... Sort of...)

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Well we got an offer just before we made the payment to refinance the car from our CU. It was something like $15/mo off the minimum payment however, so I figured it wasn't worth it. My credit score according to Credit Karma is now 645 Transunion, 639 Equifax. My wife's is within a few points of those as well. Considering we were around 540 and 520 when we originally finances the car, we should get a much better rate when we get the car down to its blue book value.

I wouldn't worry about the change in minimum payment and more about the change in interest rate. If you're refinancing and they're offering you a shorter term loan with a much lower interest rate the payment may not change by much or even go up.

Also - I've mentioned this before, but take credit karma's score with a grain of salt. Your real score could be much lower or much higher than that. I'd pull your "real" credit score/report in January (assuming you've used all your freebies at this point). You may be surprised.

Old Fart posted:

I hope I can figure out what happened in August. I've been a little hostile beside I feel like I'm being lied to, or at least evaded, and that peeves me off.

I think he knows what happened in August and just doesn't want to fess up.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

n8r posted:

Stop buying stuff.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Are you guys referring to generally, or last night? Because I didn't even say we bought something last night. I know you guys are being supportive, but please clarify.

In general. Just stop spending money. Every month, quarter, year you come up with $1000's of things you "have to have". You don't need any of them. I know you have justifications (you always have justifications), but the reality is you could probably have half your car paid off this year if you could just stop spending money.

I mean this gym thing is a prime example. I know it's been brought up before, and I'm definitely not advocating that you should be unhealthy, but it's free to go ride your bike (with your wife and kid make it a family activity) . Are you going to see the mad gainz and get as swole as if you chugged protein powder and became a gym rat? No. But you don't really need to.

Time and time and time and time and time again you prove yourself to have the mentality of "throw money at the problem".

-I have back pain -> Need $300 medical marijuana card and to start smoking weed
-Want to get in shape -> Our only two options are $100 a month on gym membership or spending $$$ on a home gym

Those are literally prime examples that have come up in the last two weeks. If we go through your thread I guarantee you there's a list >100 where you either threw money at a problem or wanted to throw money at a problem.

I'm like a broken record here (which is why I hardly ever post in your thread anymore), but your attitude doesn't and hasn't ever tied to your "financial goals".

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

So, which is it then? Do I budget for the things I want like everyone is saying and buy them responsibly within the budget, or do I try to go austere again? I feel like this is contrary to what everyone else has been saying, but perhaps I'm wrong.

My opinion has always been set a reasonable budget (you can look at my post history) and stick to it. If that means doubling your discretionary to $200, but you ALWAYS stick to <$200 then do it. Stop playing shell games with money. We under spent in electricity so we overbought groceries! Or whatever. Just set a budget, hunker the gently caress down for 12 months, and come out the other end.

EDIT: Also stop being a lazy gently caress and track your spending. No more of this "it's too hard bullshit". You've also proven time and time again that when you stop tracking you start overspending.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
If you can just stick to a budget for 12 months without any games I think you'll be surprised where you end up.

To comment - I think your current budget looks good and I wouldn't change it... Just... Stick to it. Consistently. For many months.

I'd love to see 3 months in a row where you're under budget on all of your categories.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Also another thing I've noticed over the life of this thread is that you let your family/friends push you into financial decisions it seems like you wouldn't otherwise make.

You need to learn to say no to your family. My father-in-law has been on my rear end for two years about buying a second car "you guys make >$100k/yr and don't have a lot of debt why wouldn't you buy a second car?!". Because we don't need a second car and it's a waste of money. I just politely tell him no each time. I don't buy a second car just to appease my family. And yes - it is a pain in the rear end a handful of times each year when we need two cars, it's easily solvable by friends/family/rental/uber/taxi/etc.

Remember - Misery loves company, so people who make bad financial decisions are going to push you to do the same.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
A soft goal every month should be to have spent <50% of your "flex" accounts by the middle of the month. Quick glance.

October - 45% complete

Baby - 68% spent
Groceries - 78% spent
Pet - 95% spent
Total Discretionary - 56% spent
etc.

Obviously some of this is just purely timing, but I have a feeling you're not going to make it through the end of October without cracking your grocery budget. Otherwise I think you have a good strategy. Are you still on the envelop system at this point or was that abandoned?

EDIT: Also can you post your "networth" graph that you used to love to post so much. How are you doing on that thing.

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 14, 2015

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Bugamol posted:

I'm waiting for him to buy a new computer. I'm almost certain it's coming. Due to simple timing he's going to have $4,000 sitting in the bank this month and it's going to burn a hole in his pocket. He's already made a few casual mentions that he needs to upgrade his rig. It will be followed by many "It's an investment!" "My last computer lasted 5 years!" "It's where I spend most of my free time!"

Either that or it's going to *cough*"break"*cough* and he'll have to replace it.

Didn't realize you finally opened up this thread.

Look - I was right, over a year ago, you finally saved up some money, it was burning a hole in your pocket, and you bought a computer. Except you didn't even try to justify it and instead just lied about it!

[sarcasm]You're definitely making progress Knyteguy! Great job! Keep up the good work![/sarcasm]

Hey your thread is also over 2 years old! Remember when you thought you'd have all your debt paid off and have saved $20k for a house downpayment in just 2 years? How's that coming along?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

n8r posted:

I really don't think this is a productive post at all. KG realizes that he's not met some of his goals, but he has made some measurable progress.

KG: In addition to locating a therapist, I think you should consider seeking out a Psychiatrist, or a psychiatric midlevel provider - like a nurse practitioner/PA. You need to think about bringing on as much support from professionals as you possibly can. You clearly understand how to budget, but you've also clearly got mental/habits/etc things preventing you from making it happen.

To be fair. This thread is not productive at all. This is KG's second attempt at getting help on the forums. Him soliciting help on this forums dates back over 4 years at this point (his original thread was posted July 19th 2011). And in that time he's used the same excuses time and time again.

I definitely feel bad from him, and have always hoped he'd get his poo poo together, but there's a point where it's just funny. I guess I'm sorry I offended you by not coming back and giving KG a warm hug after he lied to and hid spend from the thread for 3 months.

Snapshot from 2011 for those who missed it last time!

Knyteguy posted:

Hello Goons,

In my previous thread, many mentioned the idea of starting a log thread. I thought this sounded like an excellent idea because I could have both accountability for my impulse buying, and a complete history of both negative and positive progress.

I will try to answer many repeat questions from the previous thread to help clarify our situation. (Thanks Goons, you always give me a non-sexual, warm feeling inside )

Goals:
1) What I hope to accomplish is for my wife and I to save a 20% downpayment for a modest home. I have read some of the buy a house megathread, and we would like to see a home in our future.

2) Save a nest egg, and hopefully enough money to have the option to retire by 45 or earlier. I'm not sure this will be achievable if our income levels stay the same, but this is the goal nonetheless.

3) Curb my impulse buying.

Background
My wife is 23 years old. She will be graduating with her Bachelor's degree next Spring in Art. She has an excellent scholarship that negates all but $800 every semester + books. She has a history of being good with money. Often times I feel like she may enable my spending. She has worked at the same job for 5 years, but the pay is pretty bad ($10.00 an hour for her position as a manager at a grocery store), and there are literally no benefits.

I am 25 years old. I dropped out of college in my junior year to pursue a business. Part of this was due to bad grades (I felt really unchallenged at a community college, so I didn't try very hard...) I'm still running this business (more on this later): http://www.pluswebhost.com/. I am currently starting a new job as a cable installer to help maintain the finances my business requires, and to get off unemployment. I am on unemployment because the business I was working for went under, and because I quit my previous well paying job to pursue college.

Currently we are living in an apartment that is $790.00 per month, plus utilities. The reason this apartment was chosen is that A) it's nice B) it's 5 minutes from my previous work (more on this later as well). My previous job would have afforded this luxury apartment, but I lost it 5 days after moving in. But because our apartment lease is up, we are moving out in a few days to live with my parents, where rent + utilities is $300.00 per month. This is a double whammy of increase income because I am starting my new job.

Did I mentioned I blew $89,000? I was awarded this amount in a lawsuit. I bought an Infiniti G-35, went to Thailand to train Muay Thai, and lost about $20,000 that I invested in stocks in 2007. >_<... Yea, I'm terrible with money.

As you can see: she has her head on straight, and I can be a bit flaky.

New Job, New Income
I will be starting my new job as a cable installer within the next 2 weeks. They've already taken my picture for the badge, and the head secretary is family; it's pretty much guaranteed at this point. The job will be crap, but being able to work nearly as much as I want seems to be a great thing to help us get our finances in order.

I will be receiving a truck to use as long as I'm with the company, as well as all the necessary tools. Pay will start out as minimum wage, but move to piece work after 1 month of training. The secretary told me that workers are being paid $600.00 - $900.00 per week NET pay, depending on how much they work.

The downside? I'll have to pay gas. I may try hypermiling to increase my profits while I'm working. I'm unsure exactly how much gas I may end up using per week. I would assume this is tax deductible however.

My Business
My business, PlusWebHost.com was a project I started to try to get myself a somewhat steady income, and to get myself out of an unfulfilling situation (unemployment). I'm currently grossing about $179.00 per month, and it's growing pretty steadily each month. 5 months ago it was making $5.00 per month. My business niche is slowly paying off.

The catch? Expenses equal slightly more than $330.00 per month. Because I want an actual career in my future, my business will not be forfeited to meet our goals. It is expected to be paying for itself in the next 5 months (maximum). It isn't exactly hemorrhaging money anyway.

Our Car
Before our current car, a 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco, my wife and I had separate cars. I drove a 2006 Subaru WRX that was guzzling $60.00 a week on gas, and I was paying an insurance premium of $210.00 per month. It also needed new tires, brakes, rotors, and registration. Her car was a 1986 Honda Accord that was OK on gas, but needed a new transmission badly. The repair would have been worth 3x the value of the car.

Our current car payment with insurance is $330.00 per month.

Current Income
Wife: $10.00 per hour, roughly 35 hours per week. No benefits.
Myself: $377.00 per week unemployment insurance. Should be starting new job in 1-2 weeks (waiting on background check). No benefits. I have been unemployed for about 1 year
Total: $2,848

Savings
$1,750 ($750.00 is wedding money)

Current Debt
2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - $10,500 @ ~7% APR
Credit Card in Collections - $3795
Current Credit Cart - $1300.00 @ 16% APR
Television - $675.00 @ 0% APR for 3 years
Family Member - $3,000 @ 0% APR (My wife borrowed from her Grandma for a study abroad trip to Japan last year)
Misc. Collections - $500.00
Total: $19,770

Monthly Expenses History
Our current monthly expenses equal about $1,500. This should go down to about $1,000 after moving in with the parents. I can't even tell you where the remainder of our income (~$1,000 per month) is going unfortunately. This is where my impulse buying comes in. We bought a dog, a 3D television, 2 cats, new video games, TF2 keys, etc etc. Extra money burns a hole in my pocket. This month we managed to keep most of it though.

That's all I can think of right now. I apologize for so many . We want to achieve our financial goals as soon as possible, and really could use some help going about it.

In this thread
I will keep this thread updated as long as necessary until our financial goals are met (buying a house). My pipe dream is to post a picture of our new house in this thread. We want to go about this responsibly (with a rainy day fund / nest egg) though.

Thanks a lot Goons

Bugamol fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 12, 2015

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

To no one in particular:
What improvements have I made since 2011? Well I'm not unemployed and I'm making more in a paycheck than I made in a month there, and those were gross wages for unemployment being reported in that other OP.

Doesn't matter how much you make if you just keep spending it.

Knyteguy posted:

I find it extremely distasteful to say "well since that other thread nothing has changed", because we were living in poverty for 2 years after that first thread was made.

If you get fired tomorrow you'll be back in poverty in <60 days unless you find another job. You're not living paycheck to paycheck, but you're only one step away from it.

Knyteguy posted:

It's kind of hard to develop good money habits in a situation like that.

I 100% completely disagree. You know what's at stake if your finances fall apart (moving back in with your parents like you did 4 years ago). You've been through it before. You should be completely motivated to make sure it never happens again.

Knyteguy posted:

All that said we had a stellar month last month, and we're on track for a good month this month. Can't do much else but that, and my goals that I listed before for now.

You've consistently throughout this thread had "one good month and on track for anther good month". I've literally said this >12 times, but one month doesn't count. I'll be impressed when you've had 3 stellar months in a row, or 6, or heaven forbid 12.

Doing good one month is worth jack poo poo if you blow it up the next month. It also won't do you any good to have 6 great months and 1 horrible month.

Again, Knyteguy, it's simple. Stop. Spending. Money. On anything. For like a long time. Consistently. Everyone in this thread wants you to succeed. Most of us have been posting in it for over 2 years. Wanting you to succeed. You know what you need to do, so go do it.

That's going to be my last post for the foreseeable future. Good luck.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
So you were really confident that November was going to go well.

How'd it go?

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Horking Delight posted:

I'm predicting a backslide. November (family time + possibly a huge Thanksgiving meal + Black Friday shopping) isn't a great month for spending and December (more family time, plus Christmas) is even worse.

Dude, don't worry. He'll just sell a bunch of the stuff he bought on black Friday in June of 2016 and count it as a windfall so he can go on a family trip.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Knyteguy you budget like the Lions play football - You get really far ahead, but still manage to blow it before accomplishing anything.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

I would suspect the issue is that he hasn't been keeping YNAB up-to-date and thus isn't able to post those screenshots.

I suspect the issue is that he's completely overspent and probably back to square 1 or worse and so therefore refuses to post anything.

Make sure you save a copy of your OP Knyteguy so it's easier to repost in a year.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
He's posting in some gaming threads so he's not dead.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

It's just kind of the equivalent of posting "gas" and nothing else. It adds nothing and it's not funny either. At least try to make a bad joke or something.

This is basically how Knyteguy has been posting for the last 4 months. I wish he'd at least make a bad joke or something.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Can you just do one thing consistently for 6 months? I think you'll be surprised how that works out for you.

quote:

Knyteguy's Finances: More harebrained schemes than a sitcom dad

I mean I want to find what works for you, but you still treat budgeting and "meeting your financial goals" like dieting. You try some crazy scheme / fad diet which nets you a little bit of progress and then you eat fast food for two weeks straight and can't understand why you haven't lost weight.

It's not about getting a better job (not saying you shouldn't do this) or doing the Dave Ramsey Method or the YNAB approach or the Mint or or or or or or or or or or or

Budgeting is like dieting. If you want to lose weight you need to burn more calories than you consume. If you want to "get ahead financially" you have to spend less money than you earn.

I'm in no way advocating that you shouldn't look for a better job, but man you could really gently caress yourself up pretty quickly if you move to somewhere with a higher cost of living even if you're earning more money especially considering your wife just got her foot in the door for an "office job".

I think it'd be great if you going forward anytime you wanted to buy something >$100 you posted in the thread about it and then didn't actually buy that thing until your post turns 30 days old. This isn't in anyway to get feedback from the forum on whether or not it's a good purchase (and I'd be willing to commit to making 0 comments about these purchases), but more about you documenting your desire for an item and then giving yourself a cool down period before buying. Hopefully this would curb impulse purchases and help you realize that you don't need a lot of the things you want to buy "in the moment"

Good luck man - I'm pretty much stepping out of your thread for 2016 because if 2014 and 2015 are any indication you don't really want anyone's help anyway.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

April posted:

I think it would have the opposite effect. The more time Knyte has to think about a purchase, the more he can convince himself he needs it. And then he won't save anything, buy it anyway and say "What? We've been planning this for a month!"

It's definitely possible it could have this effect, but I think more often than not if he actually sat on purchases for 30 days he's forget he even wanted it in the first place. And if he "planned for it for 30 days" at least it maybe somehow made it into his napkin budget. As opposed to just coming into the thread and saying "HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I BOUGHT DON'T WORRY THOUGH WE'LL MAKE UP FOR IT NEXT MONTH!"

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Everyone I've ever worked with who says "I'm going to wait until x review or x bonus and if it doesn't go favorable I'm going to leave" has never actually left when those things go unfavorable. It's just an excuse to put it off.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

I was going to catch rides with my wife for a bit to get to work to give me some time to think about it. I have a few more questions I want to call and ask about tomorrow morning.

Knyteguy's Finances - Had to buy a second car because carpooling was too much effort. Willing to carpool because he doesn't want to pay a fine on the second car he bought.

This thread seems rock solid from the last time I checked it.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
It's hilarious you sold another ps4 since I'm pretty sure you did that right after the thread started. Which means at some point you bought a second ps4 which I don't remember you ever telling the thread about. Who knows this thread has been smoke and mirrors since it's origin.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Never change knyte.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Felter Chesthard posted:

Gee such nice positive responses I can't believe he thought he might be better off without the thread for a little while.

It's almost as if this thread is almost 3 years old (and his second attempt at a help thread...) and some of us have gotten cynical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Knyteguy posted:

Other than the anxiety stuff, things are going relatively well. I'll fill you guys in again when I come back, and it should be a positive update.

This thread is like your favorite TV show being cancelled before they wrap up all of the plot points. I'm assuming if he was doing really well he'd be posting here, and the fact that he's not means things aren't going very well. Thread is turning 3 years old in about a month, and it feels like he's gotten no where towards his ever changing :airquote: financial goals :airquote:.

Here's to hoping your figuring poo poo out Knyteguy, would be nice if you could give us a one paragraph update of where everything ended up, but understand if you don't want to.

• Locked thread