Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Anyone still playing? either on retail or a private server? I have been felling that itch and would love to play with some goons again.

I am not currently active on any servers and would like to replay perhaps some mid/high rate interlude if anyone feels like helping pick a server http://l2.hopzone.net/lineage2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somescrub
Jan 5, 2012

Winning...

Vier posted:

Anyone still playing? either on retail or a private server? I have been felling that itch and would love to play with some goons again.

I am not currently active on any servers and would like to replay perhaps some mid/high rate interlude if anyone feels like helping pick a server http://l2.hopzone.net/lineage2

There is still a Lineage 2 goon group that is active/semi-active. Never mind, I see now that they have all left the game for bigger and better things. I used to play with them, but I quit that game as the grind is too boring for me. I believe they played retail. The link for their OP is Here.

Somescrub fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 29, 2013

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I'm feeling the itch too and have been looking at private servers. I'm actually a fan of the social grinding that happens on lowrate servers but I understand not a lot of people want to put in the time for it anymore.

This server http://l2evoke.com/features/ looked appealing to me, but it's been running for almost a year now so the upper crust has been pretty solidly established. It also claims to have anti-bot measures but those are typically little more than a speedbump to some of the more dedicated goons.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I'm feeling the itch too and have been looking at private servers. I'm actually a fan of the social grinding that happens on lowrate servers but I understand not a lot of people want to put in the time for it anymore.

This server http://l2evoke.com/features/ looked appealing to me, but it's been running for almost a year now so the upper crust has been pretty solidly established. It also claims to have anti-bot measures but those are typically little more than a speedbump to some of the more dedicated goons.

I would be up for this server but without a working walker/net I would find it really hard to keep up level wise with everyone else as my time now is limited.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

A couple of us are currently playing on l2evoke. There are 4 of us total and we've made a large fleet of buff characters and a couple DD and healers. We're all around level 46-52 right now; most of us can only play a couple of hours every day, so we're making an effort to level and support each others' characters. We've been sharing our account logins for this purpose; we do get to play together on weekends or on the rare occasion Amazonianus feels like staying up to ungodly hours to join the rest of us filthy westerners. Right now we need a tank (Shillien Knight preferred, pretty great in interlude) and some form of physical DD (archer preferred), and a bishop if we plan on dabbling in larger scale pvp--or, sans any of those, just a human being to man one of the buff characters. That said, feel free to make whatever if you want or even just use one of the things we already have if you'd like to play, as another human being serves much more purpose than just another class we can grind on our own.

The server is strictly bot-free and they quickly and harshly punish anyone using them. I'd been really apprehensive at the concept of playing L2 without bots but it's actually a lot of fun, and even the grinding isn't so bad as the server has 5x rates. Areas around level 40 or so are highly populated and I've been involved in some small-time spawn fights which are really the best part of l2. We box two characters each (there's a hard limit for the server) save for those of us who have more than one computer; it'd be nice to play with more human beings/without having to do this, but it's not too bad in the meantime.

We're in a Russian clan right now and are usually the only ones active at the hours we play. The clan leaders are very aggressive; we're currently at war with 7 other clans and declared on an additional 3. They've got a clan hall buffer that we've been abusing which was especially nice while we were still leveling up our buffers. They've been kind enough to pay for most of our 2nd class change marks (as a server perk you can buy them for 1m each and spare yourself the day of grinding on quests).

My previous remark about the age of the server was incorrect. It's actually a little over 3 months old, which means there are plenty of ways to make money but there's enough established economy for shot production.

Super Space Jam 64 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 17, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

A couple of us are currently playing on l2evoke. There are 4 of us total and we've made a large fleet of buff characters and a couple DD and healers. We're all around level 46-52 right now; most of us can only play a couple of hours every day, so we're making an effort to level and support each others' characters. We've been sharing our account logins for this purpose; we do get to play together on weekends or on the rare occasion Amazonianus feels like staying up to ungodly hours to join the rest of us filthy westerners. Right now we need a tank (Shillien Knight preferred, pretty great in interlude) and some form of physical DD (archer preferred), and a bishop if we plan on dabbling in larger scale pvp--or, sans any of those, just a human being to man one of the buff characters. That said, feel free to make whatever if you want or even just use one of the things we already have if you'd like to play, as another human being serves much more purpose than just another class we can grind on our own.

The server is strictly bot-free and they quickly and harshly punish anyone using them. I'd been really apprehensive at the concept of playing L2 without bots but it's actually a lot of fun, and even the grinding isn't so bad as the server has 5x rates. Areas around level 40 or so are highly populated and I've been involved in some small-time spawn fights which are really the best part of l2. We box two characters each (there's a hard limit for the server) save for those of us who have more than one computer; it'd be nice to play with more human beings/without having to do this, but it's not too bad in the meantime.

We're in a Russian clan right now and are usually the only ones active at the hours we play. The clan leaders are very aggressive; we're currently at war with 7 other clans and declared on an additional 3. They've got a clan hall buffer that we've been abusing which was especially nice while we were still leveling up our buffers. They've been kind enough to pay for most of our 2nd class change marks (as a server perk you can buy them for 1m each and spare yourself the day of grinding on quests).

My previous remark about the age of the server was incorrect. It's actually a little over 3 months old, which means there are plenty of ways to make money but there's enough established economy for shot production.

must resist, I just started Tera again. But allure of L2 pvp sounds tempting

PS nice to see you again SSJ64

Also, is Amazonianus Magnus, cause if so I've played with him on Heaven's Wail I think?

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Wassbix posted:

must resist, I just started Tera again. But allure of L2 pvp sounds tempting

PS nice to see you again SSJ64

Also, is Amazonianus Magnus, cause if so I've played with him on Heaven's Wail I think?

Amazonianus is not Magnus but was one of his Norwegian friends. I'm sure that given enough interest he could perhaps get him playing as well, but we're pretty small time right now.

As for me, I'm trying to decide whether to main Bishop or Elven Elder. We need more people to just play some of the characters we've made already, but if you'd like to make a new one it'll be much easier to level than it was for us now that almost all the buff characters are reasonably leveled.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
What time do you guys normally play at? Also if you guys have a spare archer or caster thats leveled I'll take one

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I have a level 51 Phantom Ranger that isn't being used as much as it's original owner has decided to play Destroyer instead. We also have a Spellsinger but it's mostly used by a single player--I'll ask if he'd be interested in letting you take it for a spin. We actually share all our accounts though so if you don't want that specific brand of archer or caster you could probably take one of the others for a spin, or train up your own with the help of the buff characters.

We only get to play together as a full group on weekends but usually I play with 1 or 2 other goons on and off between 6PM-1AM PST on weekdays, and Amazonianus is active earlier in the day. The fun PvP stuff typically only happens on weekends but I like to casually enjoy the social grind experience on weeknights because this horrible game has broken me into loving it.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

I have a level 51 Phantom Ranger that isn't being used as much as it's original owner has decided to play Destroyer instead. We also have a Spellsinger but it's mostly used by a single player--I'll ask if he'd be interested in letting you take it for a spin. We actually share all our accounts though so if you don't want that specific brand of archer or caster you could probably take one of the others for a spin, or train up your own with the help of the buff characters.

We only get to play together as a full group on weekends but usually I play with 1 or 2 other goons on and off between 6PM-1AM PST on weekdays, and Amazonianus is active earlier in the day. The fun PvP stuff typically only happens on weekends but I like to casually enjoy the social grind experience on weeknights because this horrible game has broken me into loving it.

PR is mostly what I played so that sounds perfect. I have no problem sharing accounts or anything like that either. Do you have steam or something I can bother you on? I'd be willing to join you guys but my play time is alot more limited than it used to be :(

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Certainly, my steam account is STRAIGHT PUNCH LIKE A MAN, or if you prefer to use IRC I'm AnimeCartoon (or AnimeCartoon_work) on irc.synirc.net. You can also send me a private message here.

We haven't done much other than casually grind low-level alts the last few days though so don't expect stuff other than that to be happening until next weekend, barring unforeseen spawn fighting (isn't it always unforeseen?) We've started to do some AoE grinding in catacombs and the levels are flying by.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

We've successfully taken over the Russian clan we've been hanging out in. With that came a clan warehouse full of different stuff of both high and low value including a Clan Hall in Giran.

Memorable stuff: 3 End game sets(2x DC robe & 1x Tallum Heavy), a few A grade weapons, clan is lvl 6 with maxed out clan buffs at that level.

Furthermore we've started getting a pretty decent bank roll, AoE farming in catacombs is really paying off, the experience is pretty good too. My first characters have started hitting A grade, 61+.

Most our buffers(PP, BD, SWS, WC) are 58-62, SE is 53, Warlock is 52, 2nd PP is 48 and there's an extra EE that is 52-ish.

Since we're now economically and level-wise comfortable on this server we can offer any new players or alts good gear and full buffs, also power-levling through AoE parties if necessary.

Chars to PM if you get on and wanna get in contact:
AnimeCartoon, SaintNiclaus, AzNpRyDe, Swaggin, BuyGoldFromWeb, Bondage.
(You pm by writing "Saintniclaus hey ho)

Wassbix: Hey dude, long time no see.You should get on, what server was it that we played on again? Magnus is working on his BF4 career mostly, but he might bless us with his presence one day if we're lucky!

Here's some more eye candy from the server:

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008
Whoops, used wrong account on last post!

Amazonianus/AzNpRyDe here again:

If you wanna join us, we are mostly physical dmg chars now, and it would for now be preferably if you made something similar so we don't have to mix fighter/nuker buffs/dances/songs in a party!!

:siren: WHAT TO CHOOSE :siren:

If you wanna get rich when you join server, make a spoiler, they're also good for AoE, so fast levels.
If you wanna get high level fast and farm hard make Destroyer or Warlord.
If you wanna kill mad nerds play dagger or archer.
If you wanna play semi-support play Overlord, or the BD/SWS that we have, they're already 6x, or the warlock that is 52.
If you wanna play hard-support play Bishop.
If you wanna kill raid bosses play a tank, this would be sweet since we haven't really had the chance to raid yet.

If you wanna help out for PvP someone to play Overlord or man the BD/SWS, or archer/dagger would be best!

With that said play whatever you want, we'll boost you either way, nukers also have strong AoE skills!

EDIT: :siren: DESTROYERS :siren:

Ma Guns fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 2, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
I give in, installing L2 again, first time in 5 years :negative:

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008

Wassbix posted:

I give in, installing L2 again, first time in 5 years :negative:

Sweeet, pm me on aznpryde or animecartoon when you're in:)

We just had a pvp session with some dude who wanted the rooms we were poling in, he went pk and dropped A grade wep + some other stuff to us! And then we pked his healer for good measure:)

Good 'ol L2 PVP!

Edit: They came back and bragged about having 14 of the A grade weapon they dropped so we killed their healer and the rest BSOE'd.

Ma Guns fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 28, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ma Guns posted:

Sweeet, pm me on aznpryde or animecartoon when you're in:)

We just had a pvp session with some dude who wanted the rooms we were poling in, he went pk and dropped A grade wep + some other stuff to us! And then we pked his healer for good measure:)

Good 'ol L2 PVP!

That reminds me when goons group made a guy go red and drop his 80 dollar donated +25 weapon on Heaven's Wail or L2Toxic I cant remember the server. But the PM begging for the weapon back was just really funny.

What Chron is this server? I think i played up to C4 or whatever that added the stones that makes your weapon not drop. Which led to just wearing B grade armour and a S-grade +12 bow to one shot people with.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the time line its been a while.
C1 was casters were masterrace and everyone else was useless
C2 was where daggers were Unstoppable Gods due to Focus Crystals
C3 added CP and Berserks ran around with Full CP and 30% hp and one shot everyone with Bows and Glads became semi-playable / Overlord become master race
C4 added the 75 magic stones? and a really dumb elemental weapon/resist system??? (I vaguely remember imbuing weapons with Holy cause everyone had 0 Holy res)
C5 ?
c6 ?

Didn't they revamp the classes so all classes are same now or something as well?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

If there's one thing I love about private servers, it's the drama. How much drama is there on this server, on a scale of 1 to Global Fursecution?

i played this game for a week with goons once!!!! im very experienced!!!

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008

Wassbix posted:

That reminds me when goons group made a guy go red and drop his 80 dollar donated +25 weapon on Heaven's Wail or L2Toxic I cant remember the server. But the PM begging for the weapon back was just really funny.

What Chron is this server? I think i played up to C4 or whatever that added the stones that makes your weapon not drop. Which led to just wearing B grade armour and a S-grade +12 bow to one shot people with.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the time line its been a while.
C1 was casters were masterrace and everyone else was useless
C2 was where daggers were Unstoppable Gods due to Focus Crystals
C3 added CP and Berserks ran around with Full CP and 30% hp and one shot everyone with Bows and Glads became semi-playable / Overlord become master race
C4 added the 75 magic stones? and a really dumb elemental weapon/resist system??? (I vaguely remember imbuing weapons with Holy cause everyone had 0 Holy res)
C5 ?
c6 ?

Didn't they revamp the classes so all classes are same now or something as well?

Here's a decent list I found:

Sweetpea posted:

Changes by Chronicle

Chronicle 1:
Areas: a lot of new areas including the Giants cave, Blazing swamp and Antharas lair
Castle sieges and Antharas

Chronicle 2:
Areas: added lots more areas including Devil's Isle, the Tower of Insolence and Heine
Items: Added Dyes and Symbols, added Item enchants such as Health, Anger, ect
Crafting: added recipe book and manufacturing - basically started crafting
Pets and Summons: added the first version of these also

Chronicle 3:
Seven Signs, Manor System, Clan Hall, changes to combat system, new player bonuses, subclass, new village NPC's and added A grade weapons.

Chronicle 3 began what most people really think of as Lineage II

Chronicle 4:
Fishing, Clan Wars, Hero's and Olympiad, Valakas the Fire Dragon, Goddard and Rune, Festival of Darkness, S Grade Items and Dimensional Rifts

Chronicle 5:
Increase in max level to 80, ranks, noblesse teleport, herbs, Demonic sword of Zariche

Interlude (widely regarded as the most pure chronicle):
New top A grade weapons, shadow weapons, Blood Sword Akamanah, dueling system, command channel, Primeval Isle, weapon augmentation

Kamael:
New race Kamael (of course), attribute system, fortresses, residential instanced dungeons, transformations, S-80 (Dynasty) items, auction system

Hellbound:
Increased max level to 85 (sub still 80), subclass ability certifications, Hellbound - steel citadel added, underground coliseum added, top level S80 added, shift click to link items added

Gracia Part 1:
Vitality system, many changes to PvP, foundation/master craft added to crafting, Luxury shop with B grade items, Kamaloka added, newbie buffs until level 62, free teleport below level 40

Gracia Part II (mostly a chronicle to fix problems):
Changes to enchantment system, changes to the Kamaloka, beyond that mostly patches

Gracia Final:
S84 (Vesper) items, dual daggers, territory war, Seed of Destruction and Infinity added, flying, class specific changes to hunting areas, 3D avatar in inventory window, Storm Dragon Lindvior

Gracia Epilogue:
Mail, Skill enchanting changes, Zaken changed, Hunting grounds changed, this chronicle marks the real beginning to the current system which older players do not like. Because basically Gracia Epilogue is the end of the traditional system of Lineage I will end the chronicle comparisons here.

This server is in Interlude. So max lvl 80, no kamael, no attribute system. I've heard OL and SK are kinda OP this chronicle, not too sure tho. I prefer dagger/archer anyway!

Silento posted:

If there's one thing I love about private servers, it's the drama. How much drama is there on this server, on a scale of 1 to Global Fursecution?

i played this game for a week with goons once!!!! im very experienced!!!

Hah, I'm not really in the loop for all the drama yet. Come join us and we'll find all the pubbie tears you could ever dream of!

Ma Guns fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 28, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ma Guns posted:

Here's a decent list I found:

This server is in Interlude. So max lvl 80, no kamael, no attribute system. I've heard OL and SK are kinda OP this chronicle, not too sure tho. I prefer dagger/archer anyway!

Okay thanks for that. I guess I played up till Kamael's then. I'm glad it's not the new system then, balancing the classes sounds nice but it also takes away alot of lineage-y things.

SK is overpowered? I don't recall them ever being top tier in any Chronicles, unless someone remembers better than I. I know they were annoying post 80 due to touch of Shillien eating up nobless buffs, meaning you had to kill people only once in a group fight. Other than that they have 2 paralyzes which lands once every other week, unless people are running around with C-B jewels at level 70. I guess technically all tanks got buffed in interlude, they made PCs be effected by Hate, which led to every pvp tank running around with acumen sticks instead of swords and spamming hate on bishops.

Overlords were definitely gods from C3 onwards due to the CP heals and having the highest defence values and so annoying with all the AOE seals.

Necromancers were also pretty overpowered in interlude iirc, has highest pure caster def/hp, and mass gloom with a OL lead to half a party getting rooted and feared and standing around angrily typing at you till they very slowly died.

Couple questions regarding the server.

Does it have MP pots on vendors? I know only thing keeping Bishops/OL balanced in retail was mana issues and without that they are even better (not having to tow around a mana bot is nice however).

Is top grade A or S? I think Interlude introduced S but didn't have it on drop table.

Edit: Oh this is also the patch that made whites not drop items on death :negative:

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 28, 2014

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008

Wassbix posted:

TALK

Edit: Oh this is also the patch that made whites not drop items on death :negative:

Hah, yeah too bad that ended!

Yeah, I've got a few 90 chars on retail and the new system is pretty retarded.

Don't quote me on SK being OP, I just remember reading it somewhere!!

OL is a really cool and versatile class yeah, Necro's are great in pvp!

Your questions:
No MP pots luckily.
S is top in this chronicle, you get the recs and key materials through a few quests in the higher level areas, there also may be a few with decent drop/spoil possibilities.

Certain classes are better with the A grade than S grade sets though, cause of set bonuses and whatnot. IE: Archers with Majestic, nukers with Dark Crystal/Majestic, etc.

Ma Guns fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 28, 2014

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ma Guns posted:

Hah, yeah too bad that ended!

Yeah, I've got a few 90 chars on retail and the new system is pretty retarded.

Don't quote me on SK being OP, I just remember reading it somewhere!!

OL is a really cool and versatile class yeah, Necro's are great in pvp!

Your questions:
No MP pots luckily.
S is top in this chronicle, you get the recs and key materials through a few quests in the higher level areas, there also may be a few with decent drop/spoil possibilities.

Certain classes are better with the A grade than S grade sets though, cause of set bonuses and whatnot. IE: Archers with Majestic, nukers with Dark Crystal/Majestic, etc.

Thanks for the information. I'll install a bit later tonight and attempt to log on, hopefully someone around. I don't mind rerolling a new character but if you guys got some leveled characters I'll take those and just jump in with you guys. I have experience playing everything but preferably something that I can kill people with (OL and Bishop too high effort).

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008

Wassbix posted:

Thanks for the information. I'll install a bit later tonight and attempt to log on, hopefully someone around. I don't mind rerolling a new character but if you guys got some leveled characters I'll take those and just jump in with you guys. I have experience playing everything but preferably something that I can kill people with (OL and Bishop too high effort).

We got the 51 PR that isn't being used, that's probably the one suited best for you right now, we got gear for it and everything so should be good.

Gonna head to bed for the night, hope to see you ingame soon Wassbix and Silento!
Here's a last teaser pic after we got done grinding today:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Installed and logged in as KillWhitey. Dear God I forgot how bad the controls were for this gameeeeeee

seems like no one online to send me an invite, I'll try to find you guys tommorow

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 28, 2014

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008

Wassbix posted:

Installed and logged in as KillWhitey. Dear God I forgot how bad the controls were for this gameeeeeee

seems like no one online to send me an invite, I'll try to find you guys tommorow

Ouch, well tomorrow the weekeend starts so you'll find us!

You can also find me on steam: Osama Bin Houdini

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ma Guns posted:

Ouch, well tomorrow the weekeend starts so you'll find us!

You can also find me on steam: Osama Bin Houdini

So Anime doesn't remember the PR account password and swaggin says Anime knows... :negative: is that account gone

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Wassbix posted:

So Anime doesn't remember the PR account password and swaggin says Anime knows... :negative: is that account gone

Nono, it's just another goon's account once he gets around he'll tell us, hopefully!! Despair not my friend!

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Thought about making a Gladiator, but then I realized its 5x and Gladiators are pretty useless till 78 and get their last charge / invul at 79 so I'm going to scrap that idea. Is there even a lvl 80 on the server yet?

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008

Wassbix posted:

Thought about making a Gladiator, but then I realized its 5x and Gladiators are pretty useless till 78 and get their last charge / invul at 79 so I'm going to scrap that idea. Is there even a lvl 80 on the server yet?

Hah, I'm not sure about Glads, they're probably useful before that point!

I've got the Phantom Ranger account now though, so just hit me up ingame or on steam!!

Yeah there are 80's, the grind isn't really that bad once you get decent parties.

Btw, us 2 Norwegians hang out in mumble while we're playing:
Public internet -> Norway -> Evilspurv -> SC2

If you got any other suggestions for VOIP servers/programs we're all ears!

Ma Guns fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 28, 2014

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I downloaded and patched, but when I run the executable it gives me a "The connection to the update server has been terminated" error. To patch I just copy paste the patch stuff into the Lineage 2 folder, right?

Edit: Nevermind I reinstalled and now it's working.

Silento fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 1, 2014

Yggdrassil
Mar 11, 2012

RAKANISHU!
Is this still going? Im itching to play a lowrate L2 server, besides Interlude is one of the most balanced chronicles.

JayZe
Apr 2, 2011
Since hearing about the classic servers coming back to korea. Me and a friend are itching to play some Lineage 2. I managed to find a server that will be opening on the 7th of June. It is currently in open beta so you can check out the files yourselves. Their Geodata seems to be good and the majority of skills work. I'll leave a link below if anyone else is interested.

https://plusonel2.com/index

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Played a bunch of L2 on private servers years ago, but mostly ones with ridiculously high rates so I never actually really learned how to play properly. Is it easy enough to figure out what's going on and not suck? I'm thinking of playing a destroyer.

JayZe
Apr 2, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Played a bunch of L2 on private servers years ago, but mostly ones with ridiculously high rates so I never actually really learned how to play properly. Is it easy enough to figure out what's going on and not suck? I'm thinking of playing a destroyer.

Definitely. With it being 1x you will probably play it differently than your use to. For instance you will be too broke in the start to use direct teleports to towns. You will most likly not be able to use soul shots after you finish your NG shots. Consider checking out the server blog which users have written last few weeks for the server http://ghost.plusonel2.com/

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

https://plusonel2.com/page/index.html will be launching in 3 Hours, 50 Minutes, and 18 Seconds anyone else going to be playing this? if so what class? I was thinking a tank either Shillen Knight or Dark avenger.

scrubasaurusrex
Jul 11, 2009
You can buy gold from web.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Going to be rolling a DA as Vier if anyone ends up joining.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

I can't believe you guys are playing a 1x server.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I was thinking of trying this earlier just for an online game to chill and grind in. What's the deal with private servers though, are the original ones dead or something? And is figuring it all out pretty hard or will just some googling work? I figure I could just join the one you guys are on, I don't mind a big grind

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I was thinking of trying this earlier just for an online game to chill and grind in. What's the deal with private servers though, are the original ones dead or something? And is figuring it all out pretty hard or will just some googling work? I figure I could just join the one you guys are on, I don't mind a big grind

I haven't played Lineage 2 for years but the original servers are "1x" meaning you got to kill like 2000 mobs to get from level 14 to 15. Most of the private servers are like 50x+ which makes the game fun but you can also get level 70+ in a few hours if you know what to do. The game is pretty easy and it has a lot of fun feedback when you attack. The sound effects and effects are meaty but like I said I haven't played in years. I got all characters to max level with goons a few years back on a private server and I still think of going back to play it. The grind is abhorrent on a normal server, if they are still around you may as well decide "p[lay lineage 2 or put my scrotum in a sock drawer and slam it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ma Guns
Apr 9, 2008
I've been hanging out on L2Evoke lately, got to 3rd class, joined an ally and got into some end game action. This is from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbAFAC4xLk

Dunno if the sound still works, if you're TOTALLY missing L2 in your life check out the hours of grinding I got uploaded on twitch, you might even see some live action grinding (oh wow how fun!!!)

http://www.twitch.tv/itsmeb1tches

Ma Guns fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 23, 2014

• Locked thread