Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Fionordequester posted:

EDIT: BTW though, why does the MeGUI guide advise you to use a fake email when downloading Nero AAC?

Because you can enter whatever you want in that field, and nobody reads the newsletter emails anyway. It's just easier, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

sometimes when I go to trim, its like the script refuses to clip at the right frame. For example, I'll have something like this:

code:
trim(500,14395)
but when I test the video it ends at like, 13849. It doesn't seem to be a linear problem, otherwise I'd just adjust it by 156 or something.

Wait, are you saying that the edited version of the video has less frames? I'm pretty sure it should be that way. Frame 500 would become frame 0, and frame 14395 would become frame 13894(14395-499). Everything seems fine, though. Does the video look like it's right?

Schir fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 27, 2014

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Bellmaker posted:

urls.txt
code:
[img]http://lpix.org/images/Bellmaker/18669fae544056959b5378d67cc9ab9d/firesword.gif[/img]
It's worked for me in the past and I can't figure out what stupid thing I'm doing wrong here.

Your problem's right there in urls.txt. urls.txt should just be a list of the URLs. You have [img] tags around the URL and that's probably what's messing you up.

While I'm here, I'm working on an SSLP and the game's playing at 1280x720 and I recall that 1280x720 is a bit too wide for the forums, so what should I resize it down to? 960x540 or something?

Schir fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jul 22, 2014

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Edward_Tohr posted:

That would depend entirely on the game itself, what type of graphics it uses (sprites vs. 3d models, etc.). Post up a sample.
Alright.

If I'm downscaling an image like this, are there any particular resizing/resampling/whatever filters I should use?

Schir fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 22, 2014

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

That loving Sned posted:

I just tried resizing it in Paint.NET to 853x480 and 1024x576, using both the bilinear and bicubic methods, and I think bicubic makes the lines stand out just a tiny bit more.
If it's bicubic sharper, then yeah, I completely agree. However, between regular bicubic and bilinear, I think that bilinear actually looks a little bit better. The text is a tad crisper and the colors are slightly better preserved.

That loving Sned posted:

It's a shame to scale down such crisp artwork, but you don't want to end up with hundreds of similar images with only the text box being different. I'd recommend sticking with 720p, since it doesn't break tables on 1080p displays, and just transcribing all the dialogue after the screenshot, until the game switches to a new piece of artwork.
I could absolutely do this, since I've already ripped the game's script. My only concern then would be if there's a long wall of text between the pieces of artwork, as it's a visual novel and those have a lot of text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Mega64 posted:

You could always do screenshots whenever the topic of conversation changes or when something important is said. That's how I generally balance between screenshots and dialogue for talky scenes.

That's a good idea. I think I'll try doing that. Thanks!