Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

WitherSnow posted:

2. There has not been a localization to my knowledge.

Mother 3 has a fan translation; I *believe* it will run off a DSTwo flash cart, but I can't test that right now, and anyway it probably wouldn't work with Miiverse Plaza because the DSTwo runs in DS mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
If money isn't an issue, go for a high-end rig like Sennheiser's HD 280 Pros. They've got a model with mic included, or you can buy headset and mic independently and rig it on yourself (they sell a kit for that for their own mics).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Here is a guide on how to ask questions in a way that doesn't generate over two dozen posts about how you suck at asking questions and taking criticism and and and

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Major_JF posted:

It is the main player I use and I haven't seen any of those issues in 1.6 onwards. I didn't know if there was some big issue so I asked. Back 6 years ago it was the only one I could find that played .flvs. The CCP wasn't helping for some weird reason and then I just stuck with it.
I don't know, maybe I should try mpc. See if it makes a difference.

Personally, I just use mplayer. The only thing it doesn't play is lovely encodes, and if you're dealing with lovely encodes you've already lost the game anyhow.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

MEAT! posted:

Just turn off background layers in the emulator until the only thing you have left is the sprite.

PS1 games don't work like that. That said, there are a number of tools for PS1 graphics. I can't give any advice as to which will work the best or be the most user-friendly, though.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Whatever you have Fraps set to encode into, it's not Lagarith or h2654 (h265 isn't available yet, I don't think) and therefore wrong (and why you're getting such an awful mess out of it).

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Don't use MJPG; its main raison d'etre is permitting camera devices to record without having to implement support for other formats. It is literally a series of JPEGs in a single file, without the frame-by-frame differencing which other video formats do in order to save space. (That is, each and every frame is a JPEG; other formats use what are called 'keyframes' every so often and in between each keyframe a frame stores a compressed set of pixels that changed from the last frame.)

If you can do so, use h264 instead.

:spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
So I'm using OBS Studio to record SNES footage from OpenEmu (I'm on macOS 10.12.2). I'd instructed OBS to record losslessly so I can get clean screengrabs for my SSLP, but unfortunately avidemux doesn't seem to understand how to interpret the footage (I get garbage and an unwillingness to proceed). MPV can play it, however. Is there an alternative to avidemux I should use, or do I need to reencode using ffmpeg or mencoder?

https://freki.aerdan.org/sample.avi (warning: ~229MB) is a sample of what OBS produced.