Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"
I'm a relative newbie at FPS's (and suck at them). I picked up BF4 a while back when I first got my PS4, but hardly ever played it cause I never get any kills and generally have no idea what I'm doing. However, given the goon presence on the servers makes me want to give it another go. Would I be better off just playing through campaign on my own first, or should I dive right in and try to join one of the goon battlelog platoons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

As I mentioned earlier, I'm new to BF4 and also to FPS in general. Are there any good guides, tutorials, youtube vids, etc. that I should check out? (to give you an example, before reading about turning controller sensitivity down, I did not know that that was a thing and just assumed that I was the worst aimer in the world).

Also, I hear a lot about the importance of teamwork and sticking with your squad (I assume your squad is represented in green in the game), yet I rarely see people do that. Almost always, the people in my squad take off in different directions, and I feel like I'm lone wolfing it more than I'd like. Am I missing something?

Last, I'd still love to play with some goons. I registered with the BF goon platoon, and even sent our some friend requests to folks. I've been dealing with some technical issues (not being able to get on PSN for about 3 or 4 days, then my PS4 dying yesterday and having to be replaced) and haven't really gotten to squad up with anybody on here. So, while I did read the OP and go through the whole protocol of joining the platoon, any PS4 goons, please hit me up with a friend request or invite me to your squad or whatever. I'd greatly appreciate it. PSN: genkun

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

ARACHTION posted:

I would suggest you add a message to your invite. I typically add "PS4 Goon" or something so the person doesn't assume it's a person they may have run into in a server.

Aslo people rarely seem to work as a squad. If you switch mid game to the highest scoring squad that might help.

By invite, do you mean Friend Request? or something else? I have included some kind of "I'm a goon" message on all my friend requests.

I hadn't realized that you could change squads mid-game, so thanks for that tip!

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

ARACHTION posted:

Yeah, I meant friend request. That's strange then that no one has accepted. Well I sent you one over but I mostly play in the early afternoon (pacific time) with the UK goons.

Also, don't feel ashamed about joining the winning team mid game if it's a landslide against you either. It makes the game way more fun.

Ah. I think I may have phrased that poorly. Almost everyone I sent requests to accepted my request. But I was just putting my psn out there in case anybody I didn't send a request to wanted to team up. Much thanks to everybody who sent me a request or accepted mine.

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

Can somebody explain to me what BUTT is (aside from the place the bad man touched me when I was little)? Is it different from BF goons? Do you have to register or join or something? Or is it some inside joke I'm just missing?

djinndarc fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 21, 2014

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

Lawnie posted:

You probably aren't bad enough for BUTT.

Do you mean bad in the sense of level of skill at the game being terrible? or in the sense of Michael Jackson's Bad?

Cause either way, yes I am.

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

Chalupa Joe posted:

Are there any PS4krew still playing this broken as game? Vanilla was on special and I'm bad at money. :(

Chalupa Joe posted:

Are there any PS4krew still playing this broken as game? Vanilla was on special and I'm bad at money. :(

I haven't played in about 2 weeks but I'm going to start back this week. Psn: genkun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

Been out of the game for over a year, but like many others I'm looking to get back into BF4 while waiting on BF1. I'm genkun on psn.

• Locked thread