Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Yay! A Korean thread! I cook a ton of Korean food despite not living in Korea and not being Korean. I can't even read the language. I've tried kimchi a few times and failed horribly.

I love maangchi, but I also use Beyond Kimchii, My Korean Kitchen, and Korean Bapsang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

hallo spacedog posted:

Completely love soondubu, eat it probably twice a week every week. I really want to post my recipe in the next few days when I have a chance.

Yes, please do! I love soondubu. I feel like I really haven't perfected the art of it yet.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Does anyone have a Samgyetang recipe that they've tried and liked? I'm feeling adventurous and want to try making some. Also I have a fuckton of dried jujubes that I don't know what to do with.

Also, any suggestions for making leftovers of any soups? I find they never hold up overnight or when I have to take them to work the next day :(

Shnooks fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 31, 2015

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

RedTonic posted:

I like Maanchi's samgyetang recipe, though I usually omit the ginseng. It's a little hard to get fresh ginseng if you don't live where it's grown (and if you try to pick it wild, you might get shot at for poaching :yayclod:). I add a couple slices of ginger and some chestnuts instead.

Good to know! Hers was really the only one I could find, and the other recipe I saw was basically a copy of hers.

And yeah, I have no idea where to find fresh ginseng. I'm pretty sure it's nowhere around here.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

RedTonic posted:

Speaking of, has anyone else made sikhye? It's actually stupid easy if you have a rice cooker. Plus you can have all the little fluffy rice bits in it you want if you make your own. The leftover stuff is kind of like mutant amazake.

I've never made sikhye but I want to. How do you do it with a rice cooker?

• Locked thread