Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I've made kimchi based on one of Maangchi's recipes before, and the mochiko is just to thicken the paste a bit. You can't actually taste it in the finished product. That said, I never really make kimchi because I like it much better when it's fresh than when it's fermented, so it tends to sit in the fridge forever and never gets finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I actually prefer my kimchi really fresh, when the leaves are wilty but the stems still have a little snap. :shobon: I'll eat a ton of it on the day I make it, but after a few days I tend to lose interest in it and it just sits in the fridge forever. Eventually I end up making fried rice or something with it, but not before my roommates get annoyed at this giant tupperware full of sour cabbage in the fridge. Thankfully, I've solved the problem of having roommates by getting my own place, and since I do all of the grocery shopping nobody can tell me what I should or shouldn't keep in the fridge. Gonna make a ton of kimchi this week and eat nothing but kimchi jiggae and mixed-grain rice because I've been having mad cravings for it lately.

• Locked thread