Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

How am I supposed to drink soju?

Frequently and in large amounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Blanch them longer.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

It actually turns out pretty alright if you blanch for 3.5-4 minutes; the stem gets cooked well without overdoing the leaves. I cut the bunch into fourths before dressing it, though, so the stems are separate from the leaves anyway.

I'm considering working some banchan into my bento lunches (I'm sure someone's not happy about me mixing Korean food with Japanese food but whatever). Kimchi looks good, I do need more red in my diet. I just want a nice variety of tasty stuff whenever I eat.

That is a good idea. I have been doing like 3 banchans, a thing of kimchi and a couple tuna onigiri for lunch a few times a week. Pretty good lunch, gently caress the haters. Anyway, Japan has rolled over Korea enough times through history that Koreans taking Japanese foods is totally normal and vice versa.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

What are you putting in ddeokbokki that smells like dead cats? I can't think of anything that even has a strong smell in that. The tofu is weird, though it sounds like it should work.

I'm a big fan of crispy tofu in tteokbokki, esp with a pack of ramen and a slice of cheese as well.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Hello, spoon goons, I have a question.

I will be making a vegan dinner for a girl I am hoping to impress this weekend. I live in a town with limited food selections, so nothing particularly exotic in terms of ingredients are available. As you may have guessed, the girl is Korean, and really likes food of that type. I'd like to impress her with a decent, authentic, and vegan Korean dish, one that could be made with relatively common ingredients, doesn't rely on soy meat substitutes (being tofu-free entirely would be even better) and that could be made without particularly complicated kitchen equipment.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to dishes I could make?

Congrats on serving a lot of simple banchan I guess.

Why no tofu? Pretty much every main dish that isn't meat or seafood based is tofu based.

I guess you could make japchae or gimbap or an all veggie bibimbap or something I guess.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Rurutia posted:

If you weren't aware, tofu isn't eaten as a neat substitute in most of Asia but rather because people like it.

Also this.

Dubu jorim or soondubu jjigae is fantastic.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Sorry, I have nothing against tofu, I guess I just figured it'd be more interesting to do something that didn't require it.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Eeyo posted:

Also, how do people drink soju? Just take shots of it? I impulse-purchased a half bottle at the liquor store today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRxGYfh3SXI

Also, gently caress the haters, I can down soju all day long, it's delicious as gently caress. :colbert:

kkakdugi is only like 2 days max for me on the counter. That's ready to eat super fast.

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 17, 2017

• Locked thread