Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

You in th'wrong thread son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I finely chop and pound some dried Chinese anchovies and dump in there, can't live without it.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Pickle it and then grill it :dukedog:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

This is why I love to go restaurant hunting alone. Nine times out of ten, if you have a group of people they won't go into a place like that and you miss out.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

kinmik posted:

It's kinda funny because the word ramen itself is derived from la mien, which is why it's always in katakana. Blew my mind when I found out for the first time, like, five months ago.

la mian. :smugdog:

EVG posted:

I have leftover rice sticks from making dalkgalbi. What can I use them in or eat them with for deliciousness? Last time they just sat in the fridge until they got slimy. :(

You mean rice cake? Tteok? Buy some fish cake and make tteokbokki.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Maangchi has a very good recipe, it's pretty easy to cook. Fish cake are usually sold frozen in packs of nine, twelve or fifteen pieces in Asian supermarkets, it's very common to put in Chinese hotpot too.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Orgeat syrup derives its name from French "orge" for barley so the idea is by no means novel, moreso delicious.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I never make mine without sesame oil. Fits right in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Is it really traditional to serve it with what looks like 2 cloves of raw garlic for a relatively small amount of meat? I love garlic but drat. Or is it pickled or something?

Is good! Is good yummy yummy garlic. Is healthy! Make you health. Yum yum yum~

• Locked thread