Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoshkwon
Jun 27, 2011
FINALLY. Thanks Fromage...Now I have a reason to start making some korean food again. Posts soon to come.

Good job by the way, pretty comprehensive in the way of ingredients.

There's something about korean food...its simplicity and a kind of "don't give a gently caress" attitude. Rules are usually out the door and recipes often hard to come by, mostly being passed around by word of mouth or the occasional random korean food blog.

I'm Korean, so I grew up eating Korean food...I didn't look at it with an outsider's perspective until I started really getting into cooking and different cuisines. My girlfriend is Chinese and she thinks Korean food is rather "boring", which I could kind of agree with when you compare it to Chinese food. I think that traditional Korean cuisine is pretty similar to Japanese cuisine, in that a lot of it is very simple (but not quite as simple as Japanese traditional cuisine). Yes, and there is the thing of everything being sweetened. Usually you find that in packaged products, and I think sweetness might be kind of a recent trend that became popular with commercialized food products.

That being said, there are a ton of "hidden gem" dishes in korean cuisine that needs to be shared with the general populace...Korean food has been kind of the overlooked and forgotten stepchild that's slowly starting to become the new "sexy Asian cuisine" in the states.

hoshkwon fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread