Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troll
Jan 15, 2012
To what extent is saeujeot integral to the flavor of kimchi? I've eaten plenty and like it, but I don't recall ever actually seeing any in it. Is shrimp paste more common in commercial recipes?

I have nothing against the flavor, but I don't generally enjoy the texture of whole shrimp.

I make daeji bulgogi pretty regularly and seeing a Korean food thread is pretty sweet. Going to try making some kimchi this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll
Jan 15, 2012
Guess I'll use two containers and try one with just fish sauce and the other with ground/pound shrimp or anchovy and let the taste buds decide. Thanks.

• Locked thread