Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!

Grand Fromage posted:

Speaking of David Chang, has anyone else tried the Momofuku kimchi recipe? I don't like it at all, it doesn't taste anything like what I expect from kimchi and not in a good way. I don't know if it's just me.

I made it about a year ago (still in the back of the fridge, is it safe? Is that question in defiance of the concept of kimchi at its core? I don't know)

I can say it was way too heavy on the sugar, you could easily cut the amount in half. Also, there might be a bit too much ginger for my tastes. I wouldn't mind somebody posting a good generic kimchi recipe since I assume everyone has their own signature spin on it.

axolotl farmer posted:

Requesting a small batch simple kimchi recipe. On the scale of a single head of napa cabbage.

Tried to make kimchi once, and I think I overdid it on the garlic/ginger/leek because it tasted like burning tires.

I think the Momofuku kimchi recipe is one head of cabbage, you can find it online and cut back on the sugar. Keep in mind the volume of cabbage you'll end up with is a lot smaller than the head of raw cabbage, the end product probably makes like a quart

ZetsurinPower fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
Gonna make some Parsnip Kimchi because why the hell not? I'll let you know how it goes.

I made daikon kimchi (unfermented) with this recipe and it was rad.

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/kkakdugi

Fried some up in a pan the next day with cubed potatoes, ground pork, onions, baby bok choi, and topped with a fried egg. highly recommended.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread