Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I feel like I have asked this in this thread before. but because I literally have dementia

does anyone have a good resource or book for banchan recipes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bombhand posted:

That's a good suggestion. But also, let me chime in against the idea generally. When you're cooking to impress you should always cook something you already know how to make well. Instead of trying to mirror her culinary interests back at her, show her yours so she can get to know you. And then when you find out what actual specific dishes she enjoys, maybe you can learn to make them. If she's a cook herself, maybe she'll teach you.

yeah, if you don't know how the gently caress to cook korean food already, don't wing it or make a bunch of recipes you've never made. you're going to fail, bigtime. I've eaten hundreds of koreanfoods people, believe me. the best koreanfoods, and your plan? carnage. absolute carnage. sad, really.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
gochujang is so loving mild

it's like half as spicy as a basic tobasco, dunno how it could overwhelm anything.

my fav is to mix it with a little sesame oil and eat blanched broccoli with it, hella good. when I was a kid our local hibachi restaurant served straight gochujang with its vegetable "course", which got me and my mum hooked, she'd always ask for extra to take home. but, she never could figure out "what that spicy asian sauce was".

the year I connected the dots and gave her a surprise squeeze bottle of gochujang for christmas was maybe the best christmas. gochujang and xmas ham son.

• Locked thread