Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
When I was growing up, my mom made Jjapaghetti for my best friend and me. He thought it looked like worms. He's really the only person I know who can't eat Jjajangmyun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

orphean posted:

I have a Korean colleague at work and went to lunch with him yesterday at a local Korean joint in town. I was pretty boring and just got the kalbi (which was delicious). We got about eight hundred plates along with our order with side dishes on them ranging from boiled potatos, to little salads, to some sort of vegetable mix that was like hyper garlic flavored, etc. All good stuff.

There was also this little plate of what looked like flat rectangular pieces of white uncooked pasta or something. My friend said this was pressed fish and is super common. Have you guys had this stuff? What is it exactly? I actually quite liked it a bunch and wanted to see how I could go about getting some.

Its called odeng in Korean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaboko

For more information. Its usually cooked with soy sauce and some other stuff, slightly sweet as a result.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal

Tweek posted:

I assume this is something you make as a drink, because it is warm and tasty?

And one just makes it by extracting barley goodness with water steeping?

Interesting.

When I was growing up, I don't think I really ever had water - just ice-cold barley tea.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
Kalguksu?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
I really should have called it by its literal translation - knife noodles.

I'm planning on taking some short ribs I've been sous viding and making a sort of deconstructed kalbi jjim with it.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
I found this the other day at Hankook market in Sunnyvale. Its Instant Soon Doobu from BCD (pretty good Tofu chain in LA).

If you guys see it and have a lazy night planned, its an easy way to make something pretty drat delicious.

Shadowhand00 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 12, 2014

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal

VenusInFurries posted:

You might want to timg that.

Thanks, I just noticed that this morning :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Toilet Rascal
THis is my favorite thing to eat in the world:

http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/dububuchim-yangnyeomjang

Its probably because my mom made it at least once a week and her sauce is so delicious.

• Locked thread