Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

FYI the other thread's OP is still actively posting and has an OP for post-beta:

Met posted:

I have a new thread planned for after the beta.

Generally you should let the old OP repost the thread or ask them if it's okay for you to do it first :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

rhoga posted:

Anyone else know some other places I could go to find Tech?

I'm going to be compiling a list of anything that I find/anything that's posted in this thread with an image of coordinates.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHix192pKvjA2Q5PSuU7zNMuaRxqN2B1N718t4FWmwk/edit?usp=sharing

So far, that location is the only one there. However, anyone with this link can edit, so feel free to add your own, preferably in the same format. At some point I'll reorganize it so it's easy to look for specific things.

If you want to add this to the OP please feel free because it would be nice to have a lot of contributors!

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Danyull posted:

And what if you use those 10 shots on something other than what you need to make your pickaxe?

Then you still have your manipulator tool and it'd be exactly like it is now :o: I like that idea

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bolian Blues posted:

:stare: I had no idea this was a thing. I thought you had to kill the first boss to get special spaceship fuel before you could leave the planet.

This really needs to be better explained in-game because it seems to be what most people think. The game never says "Hey, go get some fuel!" it says "Hey! Build this! Do that! Now build this! Kill this extremely hard thing!" and doesn't even mention the fact that you can fly a hundred trillion miles away and steal an anvil from a medieval blacksmith and make some gold armor right away.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Does anyone know of a decent, cheap host for a Starbound server? I've found a couple but one is based in the UK (I'm EST) and the other looks to be based our of Germany.

I have a lifetime Developer 3 server at CloudAtCost:
http://www.cloudatcost.com/pricing.php

I think this should be able to run a rather large server, but I haven't even connected to it once and I'm too lazy to set things up.

If anyone wants to set up a Goon Starbound server on here, shoot me an email at bluntforceawful@gmail.com and I can give you ssh access or whatever to do what you need.

It's also a very affordable place to get a server to run your own thing (didn't realize they extended the one-time-payment promo into a permanent service)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

VDay posted:

Has anybody gotten the star system/planet seed system to work? I've tried entering a few people's coordinates and it never finds anything or goes to the right planet.

Make sure you're in the right star sector - you can't use Gamma coordinates in Beta, or Alpha coordinates in Gamma, etc.

Deathwing posted:

Along these same lines, is there an easy way to find a planet nearby? So far all I can seem to do is Find Random or enter specific coords, but maybe i'm just not seeing something on the map controls.

Right click the map until you see the star map, use the arrows at the edge of the screen to scroll

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

If anyone has Alpha Coordinates for planets that have structures near the spawn, or any planet with a Tech on it (or really just any cool planet), please post them. I'm compiling a list of cool things on planets and these would be nice to have for purposes of building bases on planets.

You can add them directly on Google Docs here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHix192pKvjA2Q5PSuU7zNMuaRxqN2B1N718t4FWmwk/edit?usp=sharing (link fixed)
Or I will pick them out of the thread and add them.

e: Please include the planet's Biome and Threat Level as these may be necessary to find the right planet

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

My Impressions As A Beta Tester

- No natural regen at all is really killer, especially in a game where poo poo can pretty much two-shot you at the moment. 'Just sit in a tent or a bed for a minute or so to get your health back' is a pretty dumb answer when the point of the game is to be moving around all the time. It doesn't even need to be a massive amount, just enough to slowly patch you up over time if you stay out of trouble for a while. Along with that, bandages should probably give some small amount of instant healing followed by a bit of the health regen they already have, so if people really want some fast healing in the middle of combat they can choose to burn through more bandages than would be needed during a post-battle patch-up.

- Caveman tier is still pretty boring and weird when compared with the rest of the game, and I've already had multiple people ask if it's literally just Terraria on a bunch of smaller worlds instead of one big one because they saw me hopping around with an axe and pick. Some revamp of the player's initial scenario to have it make more sense than jetting around in a spaceship while still relying on smacking rocks together would probably go a long way to help people's initial impressions, because a lot of the cool sci-fi poo poo is either being used by your enemies at that point or completely unavailable to the player until after a while.

If you head to a Jungle planet or often even other planets, there's sometimes a ton of surface vegetation that you can cut with your sword to get plant fiber. It's easy enough to get that I'm running around with ~100+ bandages constantly even though I'm spamming them like crazy. There are Red Stims for faster healing in combat, which you can find in some structure types, as drops, or get a Stim Merchant in your ship/base that sells them.

Also it can't really be stressed enough that caveman tier can be skipped entirely by flying around the galaxy like Han Solo and stealing everything from every civilization you find. You can find all of the toolbenches you need early on, tons of materials and food, and magical weapons. All of the "cool sci-fi stuff" is available right away, you just have to fly somewhere and find it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

Anyone find some merchants selling guns with 15+ Armor penetration in the Beta Sector yet?

I don't think you'll see Armor Pen that high on guns until Tier 3/Gamma Sector. Guns feel kind of useless because of this; if you can get a new tier's guns right away they'll be useful for the x0, x1, x3, x3, x4ish TLs and then useless in anything higher. Chances are you won't find them until you're on the x5+ TL planets anyway.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

crowfeathers posted:

How do I even get NPCs in my base or ship? IS that working?

Sometimes you get a 'spawner' as loot in a place of interest, which is a consumable item that, when placed, will spawn one NPC. You can find, for example, a "Stim Spawner", then place it on your ship. Beam to the surface, then back to your ship, and it's replaced with a Stim Merchant. You can accidentally kill them and they do not respawn, so be careful. I'm pretty sure monsters can also kill them.

e: Some spawners can be crafted, in Tier 2 of crafting you get the ability to craft spawners for villagers and guards of your species.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I blame all of the streamers for the confusion; every single streamer I watched stayed on one planet and played the game like it was Terraria. I remember watching the absolutely atrocious Totalbiscuit/Jesse Cox stream which was 14 minutes long, and thinking at the end of the 14 minutes, "It took them 14 minutes to accomplish what I expect to have done in about 90 seconds" and I was right. I watched one where they actually killed the first boss after about six hours, which was the most "successful" early stream I saw, and I still managed to do what they had done in about an hour and a half. Famous minecraft/terraria streamers are notoriously bad at videogames (Not a dig against them, but these are games that are made entertaining on stream by creativity and humor, not skilled play) and they should have given some of the early copies to people like Kripp who are actually good at videogames and give viewers a good idea of how to advance in videogames.

e: vvv the boss stays around if you fail to kill it; I died a few times on my attempt before deciding to cheese it and he stayed on the planet each time. There may be some kind of timer before he disappears but if you put the beacon down at a planet's spawn point you can jump right back down he's still there and you can keep damaging him, he's easy enough to graveyard rush and you could do it with the starting weapon and no armor with enough patience

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Slime posted:

It doesn't help that the tutorial is pretty terrible, really. It's telling you to sit around making picks and armor and stuff, when you've already got access to your ship. It's easy to assume that the distress beacon it tells you to make is for the sake of getting off the planet in the first place, and it never tells you that you can refuel your ship and go somewhere else. I kind of thought that crafting the distress beacon would get me some starter fuel and get me what I needed to make more, but what I actually got was a complete asskicking. In fact, the game is actively leading you towards scrubbing around in the dirt for ore when you can already gently caress off and get equipment that's far better than the stuff the tutorial is trying to make you craft.

Yeah, definitely - the game teaches you a very non-optimal advancement path. I generally skip tutorials in everything (which makes it impossible for me to learn how to play games like Crusder Kings :smith:) but that served me very well in this game.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

This was not the case for me. I died almost immediately in my first attempt and beamed down right away and he was gone. Then in my second attempt I cased myself in with some blocks and shot him with my bow and arrow, and got dispirited when I saw it would take me like 10 minutes of shooting him with that. Then a couple minutes in he just up and left, I couldn't kill him fast enough. My third attempt had me with much better armor and a better weapon but I still died eventually because I couldn't manage all the penguins. Upon immediately beaming back down, he was gone. My fourth attempt was the cheese attempt. Building a beacon 4 times takes a long time. Especially when during the first three attempts, you don't know you can fuel a spaceship with logs and coal.

I believe he only doesn't leave if you're in multiplayer and have another player around. And even then he's on a timer.

I've only played Singleplayer, so I don't know what made it special for me.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Booya posted:

So what do the randomly generated human buildings look like? I keep finding poo poo on my starter planet and I'm never sure if it's Apex or Human, they look like the Apex buildings from the screenshots I've seen, but I haven't seen any of the weird signs and propaganda. I dunno if it's Human stuff and it just looks really similar to Apex or what. Not really important either way I guess, just something I was curious about.

Human structures are militaristic, things like prisons. They usually have floodlights for illumination and barbed-wire on the top, and "USCM" logos stamped on things.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Reason posted:

New crafting options will open up as I find more resources? All I've got is an anvil and a crafting bench and a loom and it seems I've hit a wall, no new crafting stations are available to build and I can't figure out how to get things like the Molten Core or fuel for my ship.

You have to craft the Distress Beacon to fight a boss and get the Molten Core, which lets you craft a new crafting stations to craft new things. This is how all crafting progression works in this game so you do the same thing at higher tiers.

Fuel for your ship is anything combustible; coal, wood, plutonium, etc.

FlocksOfMice posted:

How do you make floor pieces you can go through with stairs but can walk on like a floor too?

[material] Platform in the crafting window

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zeether posted:

Didn't someone in the old thread say that the first boss is the wrong boss or something? If it's that much of a pain in the rear end to beat him I might never see the next tech level.

They just nerfed him in tonight's patch, I don't know if he's still overtuned but you can just trap him in terrain and cheese it.

in other news, this planet has a mountain of bone:

X 9236144 Y 72611316
Beta Al Dhibain 87 II

Left of spawn

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Has anyone found and tricks for getting Titanium ore yet? It has been a real road block. I have tons of Platinum but I've still only found maybe 20 bars worth of Titanium total, and I'm going to need another ~110+ :(

e: right now I'm trying to dig real deep in to a Moon in Gamma Sector to see if there's any there, I found a huge network of tunnels with nothing in them except oil lanterns, and pools of a blackish purple liquid that I think is oil

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

How the hell do you get Superior Brains? I've gotten over 100 Inferior brains from random mobs and humanoid NPCs don't drop any brains at all.

I think it's just a random chance; the second brain I got was Superior and it was from the same exact kind of enemy that dropped the first (Inferior) brain I got.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Smoremaster posted:

loving hell, does anyone know if there's a cheat/debug function or a feasible way to edit a character? I just accidentally shift-clicked 82 gold ore into a full furnace and lost all of it because of that bug. Spent like the last 3 hours mining for that poo poo. gently caress.

There's a dupe bug that will let you dupe any item 1 at a time if you have the patience. Basically, just put the item in the scanner in your 3D Printer then press Esc or E, it will close the window and you'll have one more of that item than you did before. If you have even one gold ore or a bar or something left, you could dupe yourself back to where you were.

e;f,b

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My favorite patch note is that there's going to be a way to 'cheat' to the max tier which is like 6 tiers ahead of what we have now so we can mess around with space suit jetpacks and mechs and laser miniguns or whatever :allears:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

DarianX posted:

I know I'm miles behind you guys at this point, but I just started playing and found myself an Apex complex right near my start of newbie world. All of the sudden my DarianXBot is playing Megaman.

Before you leave the planet, please go to the pilot seat at your ship and give us the coordinates and planet name - I'd like to add it to the google doc, these places have cool loot

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sankis posted:

If I used a distress beacon and died to the boss(?) do I have to make the beacon again? =

He's still around, but probably way up in the sky attacking birds. It's a bug that's fixed in tonight's patch.

e: Before anyone makes the same mistake I did: Do NOT try to build a hellevator immediately on your spawn point. The 'warp down' animation stops before you get to the bottom and the planet becomes useless because you die when you spawn on it.

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

It seems like shift clicking items into a full container just makes them disappear completely? That really sucks...

Check your second inventory tab

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I dug aaaallll the way down to the very bottom of an absolutely enormous TL29 desert planet

And I'm still finding nothing but Iron and Copper and Coal :rolleyes: The highest ore I found on the entire way down was a deposit of 3 gold, and 17 silver ore. Where the hell are you guys finding Platinum/Titanium? That diamond pickaxe was full durability when I started digging down, by the way :(

Also, I found a pretty major bug that I'm sure a few others have found as well. When you get to the Lava layer, foreground tiles stop spawning, every block is filled with lava, but ore can still spawn. If you place, for example, a dirt block in the lava, any ore in that tile will then be found inside the dirt block. You can use this to tunnel through the lava - so you could go straight through huge deposits of ore digging through only dirt or mud or other weak substances. Wasn't very effective in my experience but if you looked around enough you would probably have some luck.

e: I assume this same strategy would work for building underwater structures too; it clears liquids when you dig up whatever you placed; though I doubt there's ore underwater.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is there a hotkey for switching Techs? I just got my second Tech, and I equipped them both, but I can only have one 'active' at a time and I have to go in to my inventory and click the second one to activate it. That's kind of annoying.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I finally found Tier 3 pirates and they sell Tier 3 guns with 23 Armor Penetration. Oddly, they're cheaper than Tier 2 guns from Tier 2 Pirates at only ~321 pixels per hand.

9236094 , 72611315
Gamma Mu Aqr 60 IV a

Far left of spawn. There's also a ton of surface titanium on this planet, TL23 Grasslands

crowfeathers posted:

There really needs to be a way to save multiple locations in-game. I want to remember where all the things are!

Not a perfect solution, but add anything you think is cool to this google doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHix192pKvjA2Q5PSuU7zNMuaRxqN2B1N718t4FWmwk/edit?usp=sharing

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

CountingWizard posted:

Except for guns. There are no guns.

green/blue/purple Guns are intended to drop from level 11+ Large Monsters, but a bug was preventing them from doing so. It's fixed in tonight's patch. The Google Doc in my last post has the coordinates for planets where you can buy Tier 2 and Tier 3 guns.

e: vvv In Tier 3 you can craft a "Wiring Gun" and find/craft Wires, which I assume are used to link switches to doors/traps.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sorry, try now. It was set to not allow anonymous edits but I fixed that.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Tier 3 guns are still completely useless on Tier 3 planets :( My 23 Armor Penetration, 11 damage per shot, 5 projectiles per shot shotgun hits level 27 enemies for 7 damage. Getting magic guns from boss mobs later tonight will be nice, hopefully they have slightly higher armor penetration.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

9236086, 72611326
Beta Cursa Minoris I a
I found a Gravity Bubble tech (go right until you reach a second Flesh Forest) - does anyone know how to use it?

edit: Holy poo poo it's a jetpack, jump again in the air. It can fly infinitely!

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Once you get the Gravity Sphere you can get huge amounts of any ore by going to TL39 Desert planets and mining out every Fine Sand deposit you find. They're packed with everything you need and can be mined incredibly quickly. The Gravity Sphere lets you do it in safety and get out of the pit you've created easily. I'm finding Platinum, Rubium, Cerulium, Titanium, etc plus all lower ores by the truckload on this planet

e: You can also use this to farm incredibly fast pixels with a refinery

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

So in T2 I'm getting smashed. My T1 common guns aren't cutting it. Is there a location to at least get a T2 common gun?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHix192pKvjA2Q5PSuU7zNMuaRxqN2B1N718t4FWmwk/edit

So far the google doc has locations for gun shops for the first three tiers (Avian Airships sell guns). Guns are always kind of weak though - what you want to look for are magic guns (probably), which were fixed tonight to correctly drop from level 11+ Large Monsters (the rare, tougher monster on each planet)

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Has anyone found any Oceans yet? Are they their own planet type, or part of other biomes? I haven't seen any in Sector X but I've also only seen one Tentacle planet too

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So uhh, are techs really universal for everyone? I found an eye chest in the second eyeball forest and it had 10 torches.

Yes - look for the High-Tech chest in the same area

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zereth posted:

Techs are in High-Tech Chests, and a slightly different color thereof than the ones which show up in Apex facilities sometimes. EDIT: Also are you guys sure the gravity bubble thing is infinite? It makes my energy bar go down when I use it, but I haven't bothered trying to run it out yet.

I have no idea what's going on because mine is not draining my energy and I can use it literally infinitely. I just used it to stripmine a bunch of desert planets and now I'm in the highest tier armor with the highest tier weapons. v:shobon:v

e: for good measure, click this to spoil what the highest tier hylotl stuff looks like:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Kikas posted:

Does anyone have any coordinates for the Microphone?
In any case, in the Beta Sector there is a Moon at -40803206 , 35049887 with a Flute and a Lead Guitar, edited the info into the google doc.

This is an old post but unfortunately instruments are considered random loot and are not attached to the seed. As far as I'm aware, this should be everything attached to the seed:

• Techs
  • Structures/Points of Interest
  • World Generation (basic terrain, flesh/eyeball/rainbow/etc forests, bone mountains, etc)
  • Chests in places of interest (do not have the same loot for every player - only Tech chests seem to have loot attached to the seed) - instruments seem to be random loot found in these
  • Ore

Did anyone ever figure out what the deal with Gravity Bubble is? It seems to cost Energy for some players but mine does not, allowing literally infinite flight. Now that I have Impervium armor I can fly straight up to Asteroids and mine the plutonium that has no use except to power my spaceship.

e: Also really disappointed that cutting down giant tentacles gives wood and not some kind of tentacle matter :smith:

vvvv No, it's random. I got mine on my second kill but you're not the first person I've seen posting about getting hundreds of Inferiors.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

rhoga posted:

Would you share the coords for this? I'd like to stock up on stims.

If you have access to X Sector, I just found a planet with two Glitch Wizards fairly close to spawn:

9236064 , 72611350
Gamma 32 Ori Majoris II

Two Glitch Wizards (sell wizard hat + stims) right of spawn

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

crowfeathers posted:

I am in the gamma sector, and can't find any platinum. Which is bad, because thanks to how armor works I can't fight anything in the gamma sector, which makes it hard to find platinum :(

I think Platinum is kind of bugged and doesn't really spawn in the Gamma Sector. I only ever found 3 Platinum Ore, I ended up skipping the entire Platinum tier, you can advance with just Titanium -> Durasteel (coal+titanium, a titanium is very easy to get) - get the Gravity Bubble and cheese the hilariously overtuned boss so you can move on Sector X where you can get hundreds of any ore in a few seconds by flying around a desert planet and mining sand deposits - this includes Platinum.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

The big problem with underground exploration is just that digging is really slow. I've found tons and tons of cool stuff underground, but getting to it is really tedious. And this is coming from someone who would build giant tunnel systems in Minecraft for fun.

My biggest complaint is that I dig in a 3x3 box but my character is 4 blocks tall. Make the pickaxe dig a 3x4 grid or a 2x4 grid so I only have to dig once in any direction to move, and I'll be happy. Currently I'll dig straight down to try and find cool stuff but any kind of horizontal movement is frustrating and I don't do it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

Can you write a guide for this stuff?

Sure;

Check the Google Doc for any coordinates:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kHix192pKvjA2Q5PSuU7zNMuaRxqN2B1N718t4FWmwk/edit

It doesn't have everything yet but there are 4 techs and a number of different locations/bases listed. I've highlighted Techs with bold blue text so they're easier to find.

quote:

9236086, 72611326
Beta Cursa Minoris I a

TL14 Jungle
Very large underground USCM Complex (far left)
Flesh Forest (yes…), short right
Purple dinosaur with blue sunglasses monsters
Gravity Bubble Tech - far right in a second Flesh Forest (INFINITE JETPACK TECH!)

You need Beta Sector unlocked. I can't really provide a guide for this because I cheesed the UFO before they made him destroy blocks. You could possibly still use this strategy, because I'm not sure if he can kill blocks above him:

Once Beta Sector is unlocked, fly to the coordinates/planet above. The enemies here are going to be really tough right away because they are level 14 and you don't have 14 armor or armor pen, so avoid them as best as you can. Bring a lot of big stacks of building materials and just build bridges over enemies, trap them inside rock, whatever you need to do (use shift+click to place 1x1 blocks and save material). Keep running right on the planet until you reach a second Flesh Forest. Somewhere in this Flesh Forest, very near the surface, is a High-Tech Chest which has the Gravity Bubble blueprint. Use the blueprint, fly to your base, use the 3d Printer and select "Techs", equip Gravity Bubble. Pressing space while in the air will now float you upward - depending on your armor's Energy Regen (lightning symbol) this could be infinite or could drain your energy.

Once you have Gravity Bubble it's really easy to just float over other bosses (or rare monsters, or anything you need to kill) and enclose them in blocks like you see in my UFO screenshot above. As far as I am aware, the second two bosses do not currently have the ability to break through blocks.

Unlock your way to whatever ore you need by cheesing bosses. The next step is finding a TL that works best for the ore you specifically want - I didn't keep notes on any of this so I can't really help. Once you know what TL it spawns at, find a Desert Planet of that TL. What you want to do is hover around with the Gravity Bubble ignoring all enemies. You're looking for big pits of Fine Sand - the sand that falls down when the tile under it is broken. There will often be large ore deposits inside the Fine Sand, and you can mine it very quickly by digging your way to the bottom of the sand pit, then digging horizontally. You dig through sand very fast and this causes any ore above you to break and fall down to you. Some of these sand pits are enormous and once they're cleared you will be hovering out of the pit with your Gravity Bubble with 500+ ore of various types in tow.

You can technically do this without Gravity Bubble but the safety and climbing speed provided by Gravity Bubble are what make this method so great.

e: Also be prepared to clear your inventory of like 20 stacks of Fine Sand every 15-30 minutes.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 6, 2013

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

If people are wondering about the non-existence of platinum, it only appears in the last sector of the game despite it being absolutely necessary for the second and third sectors of the game. Replacing the contents of Starbound/assets/biomes/oredistributions.lvltables with the contents of this pastebin (use raw paste data) will make it present on most planets.

This is definitely a good fix to use, though I don't know if it will affect visiting planet seeds - it's worth nothing though that platinum is not necessary to progress, the progression path goes Steel -> Titanium -> Durasteel. Platinum enables a tier of weapons and armor, which in all honesty are still too weak to beat the third boss with, so you're probably going to want to cheese him anyway, and if you're cheesing him your weapons/armor don't matter.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

So, once I have my full suit of T2 armor, where do you go to get the schematic to open up Gamma quadrant?

You have to build the Inactive Robot, it works like the Distress Beacon and spawns another boss, which advances you to the next tier.

• Locked thread