Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mune
Sep 23, 2006
I don't know. I think Vib Rib said it best when he said you have to feel weak so you can appreciate it when you're strong.

I'm not even past first tier but I'm okay with it so far. I'd also say it's pretty SciFi from the beginning.

edit: wow this thread moves fast

mune fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Enzer posted:

Oh come off it. :rolleyes: You are saying that you don't like the aesthetics and the game gives you a reason and you hand wave that and say it doesn't matter, you're impression on how the game should be should matter, not the game's story or reason for doing the things it does. To give a really lovely analogy, it would be like playing one of the recent batman games and complaining that why doesn't batman just shoot the criminally insane crime bosses that keep breaking out. :v: Story and setting have an importance, and apparently Starbound has an unimplemented main quest line so it is actually of importance to this game compared to say Terraria or Minecraft where there is no story or reason for things being the way they are.

Nah man, you're just MAD. You're not entitled to your opinion whatsoever.

edit: for content, anyways, when I eat in my ship I don't restore my hunger bar, but when I eat on a planet I do.

mune fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 6, 2013

mune
Sep 23, 2006
I would like another few pages of this argument if possible.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Are you guys able to zoom in/out of star systems? I try using the +/- buttons when navigating around sectors and the only thing that'll work is the randomize coordinates button.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

Right Click/Left Click to Zoom.

Mind blown. Thanks.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

crowfeathers posted:

How do I even get NPCs in my base or ship? IS that working?

I had a doctor but he's gone now. No idea why :(

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Fair to Midland posted:

Do we have developers here? I'm already in love with this game so that's cool to know. It'd be like when I found out one of the creators of The Walking Dead Telltale game is a member here. Too bad he left for better pastures. :(

One of the developers is a pretty active poster, and I know the lead dev pops in from time to time.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Well, I've put 26 hours in this game according to steam, which is mostly me leaving the 'LAUNCH STARBOUND' screen open while I slept/worked/etc. But I've probably put about five or six solid hours into the game and after reading the thread pretty thoroughly I think I'm going to leave the game alone for awhile and let them iron out the kinks and add content/unlock features. It's really fun, but I don't want to burn myself out on it right away.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
So, as someone who hasn't played since the first week of beta, how much has the game changed since?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Thanks guys!

• Locked thread