Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Babe Magnet posted:

Check out what I found on the Nexus

Dragon Dildos mod

NSFW http://i.imgur.com/OHQg1zo.png NSFW

NSFW http://i.imgur.com/dwUTUVZ.gif NSFW
Of course it's from the Nexus; I don't think I have the right to complain about this since I'm waiting for Roflex' mod so that I can write profanities on all my walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Wouldn't a lot of this die down if they just released (even a small) new stable update on steam or whatever?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Holy poo poo I made a huge mistake reading this thread.

Anyway, how do I access these nightly updates, just opt-in on betas in steam or whatever?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Shoehead posted:

Yep that's exactly how, though you should backup your characters and universe folders and delete them along with Starbound.config.

Ah, didn't know about the last part, it just crashed until I removed those, thanks!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Both sides look like idiots to me, but hey.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

dog kisser posted:

I mean, so far all of that but 'stuff no one has done before' is true, really.

I can see the Terraria part but what about the rest.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So, is he not allowed to be worried that the product he paid for might not actually come out?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So why do you drop ores/bars on death?
Because it isn't annoying enough that you have to set up a bunch of poo poo before you can even go out to explore in the first place, or what?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm pretty sure everything two-shots you because of the new combat system.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Big blog post including flowcharts and stuff.

Might be interesting to someone, personally I hate reading.

These are probably the pictures that were posted on twitter, they may contain spoilers or whatever.

Tech Diagram:

Biome Diagram:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
No, you're right, a lot of people payed for this product that they're not getting but it was only $20 so it was just a donation really.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Vib Rib posted:

A lot of people paid for a product in advance, and so long as that product is eventually delivered, the deal was held to.

I really could not give a poo poo if the game is never released, it's just dumb to see people saying no-one is allowed to complain because it was only $20.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Party Alarm posted:

Most of the time when I see the fifteenbux arguement brought out, it's less "It was cheap so you're not allowed to complain" but more "It was cheap so loving christ get a grip dude"

Yeah and I'm saying that maybe it's not about the money one person spent.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dandywalken posted:

Afraid of Audio and Devour of Fire are the thread's two greatest heroes IMO

To be fair I mostly check this thread to see them post.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Literally Kermit posted:

This one of them ad hominem things I read about. Please stop attacking someone for stating a fact.

Game isn't finished yet. Everything is subject to change. This is really simple, basic poo poo here. I know you all know better than this.

I really wish you'd leave it at that and not prove me wrong, but I get the feeling you won't, and continue to be unhappy with a game that's just not done yet. :smith:

No, you're right, let's not state our worries and opinions in a thread the devs read because the game is not finished, if we just patiently wait they will read our minds and create the game we want because they can not do anything wrong like other human beings. :doh:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't know why you bothered when you could have just quoted this

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
This is not a thread for enjoying things, sorry.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't think Chucklefish are going to take the money and run, I just think they are not very competent at their jobs.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't think people are angry, more like disappointed or worried for the future.

Again, no one wants the game to be bad or they wouldn't have paid for it in the first place.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So, I tried a bit of the nightly release and it seems they're taking it in the right direction.

Don't know if it was intended or not but the hunger mechanic was missing which actually made the game way more enjoyable. Strapping on a hunger mechanic is always way more attractive in theory than it is in practice and the only game that has this without being annoying to me is 'Don't starve'. And that's because it's a central theme rather than just some extra busywork.

Now I could just start loving around on the planet instead of having to establish a farm and starve to death a couple of times trying to get meat while the plants slowly grew.

I also enjoyed the matter manipulator changes.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
That spawn animation legit owns

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm having this strange feeling of deja vu...

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So, do we have any idea of when the patch will drop?
Because I want to play the game (shocking, I know) but stable isn't cutting it for me and nightly builds reset every night.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Do I, at some point, get a robot that can dig holes straight down for me in this game.

Because I just realized that one thing I hate in games like this (Terraria, Minecraft etc.) is holding down the mouse button while I slowly make a hole downwards to where all the good stuff is (Diamonds, core fragments, hellforges, whatever)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Shoehead posted:

Seriously though. Girl toilets? Whaaat?

GiS Axemaniac, but don't actually do it.

The first quote in that thread is indeed correct about it being Duke Nukem Forever.
VVVVV

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 30, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Nightly releases is a good way to test things, but a poor way to play the game since it wipes your save daily.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Imagine the game is a car that you bought but when it was delivered to you it had no wheels and all kinds of poo poo was odd with it, so you drive it back somehow and tell them to fix it.

When you come back a year later the car still has no wheels but the mechanic tells you not to worry because they've been working on the engine.

So you pop the hood and beach balls and paper airplanes come flying out.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
They added a casual difficulty that only makes you drop your coins on death by the way.

All in all I think the game is moving in the right direction.

edit: by which I mean the trash heap of course

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You say that as if there are fifty new shitposts everyday

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'd settle for a game.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
A intricate analytical essay on anime cyclops would suffice.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
You should take some ideas from Tropico, like adding craftable rum breweries with slave labour from the planet you are on. Also instead of side scrolling make the game isometric.

Obviously you want to keep some elements of the currenct version so you could have, like, beach balls and paper planes that you buy to make your people happy.

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 24, 2014

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Lmao, where did you find that gem of a post?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Nice metaphore but not enough beach balls for me tbh

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Thanks, Starbama...

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Seriously though whens stable

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't mind garbage dick talk at all

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Can you link the soon-log again, please.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I know they're not in any particular order, but the chair allignment cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Hello supernorn in like one nightly release there were playable penguins or maybe that was just some leftover idiot mod that was laying around in my folder, either way will they make a return?

• Locked thread