Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I just hope that theres eventually a better indication that we should build tools. I mean, it's completely my fault for not seeing the Stone Pickaxe in the crafting list, but I seriously thought that my first pick was going to be the copper one and spent over an hour digging with the Matter Manipulator before realizing the stone one existed. Again, completely my fault but the tutorial never mentions anything and just sort of dumps you off with the beacon boss quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Kyrosiris posted:

Well, I mean, it is day two of the "unstable, expect poo poo to blow up frequently" beta stage. :v:

Just, IMO, phrase things that are deficiencies of the tutorial as observations, not complaints. Not until the ostensibly "stable" beta phase, anyways.

Of course. But that's why I mentioned it. Maybe it can be fixed in a patch to help people down the road.

canepazzo posted:

Caveman tier would make more sense to me if your ship wasn't available/functioning at the start. Maybe get it back/repair it at the end of the tutorial quest line?

The problem with this is that due to the random nature of the game, you could end up on a planet with few resources at first and decide that it would be better to try another one nearby. If the ship is busted, you can't explore, unless the fix is really easy to overcome, which is the reasoning for making it simply be out of fuel, requiring you to go find coal.

• Locked thread