Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Sorta stupid interface question. I see a ton of other photos with people talking to themselves or people commenting that NPCs are talking, but I can't figure out how to do that with my character or talk to the one friendly NPC I've found. What button am I magically failing to press to make this work? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Game decided to throw me a hardball for my new character. Poison water basically surrounding my start, trees that only drop plant fiber so I couldn't get to a pickaxe fast, fast mobile fliers and ground dudes with flamethrower-type attacks, and like no edible food outside of hunting or going pretty far to the right. Also, minimal surface iron and without reliable sources of wood I can't make torches for spelunking easily. Finally got stuff going (to the right a ways were some real trees) but sheesh.

• Locked thread