Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
One thing I really dislike is that monsters respawn too quickly. Went down a cave and the opening is more than a screen away? Hope you like fighting in cramped spaces!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Another feature wish: make the pickaxe area of effect taller. Doesn't matter if it means gimping it to 2x4, I just want to be able to dig a tunnel as high as my character without doing twice the work.

Alternatively, make digging time also factor in how much you are digging. If you are only affecting a 1x1 block, I'd like it to go nine times faster.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Nomikos posted:

I can't comment on whether it's good from a game design standpoint, but for MY IMMERSION I imagine that the pixels are used in the 3D printer to make all the little incidental bits that constitute a suit of armor beyond the raw metal: straps, buckles, feathers, oil and so on.

In addition to this, the next patch will significantly reduce the pixel cost of low-tier armors.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

A.C. posted:

Also it can't really be stressed enough that caveman tier can be skipped entirely by flying around the galaxy like Han Solo and stealing everything from every civilization you find. You can find all of the toolbenches you need early on, tons of materials and food, and magical weapons. All of the "cool sci-fi stuff" is available right away, you just have to fly somewhere and find it.

This really depends on luck, though. Farming 300 wood for each intersolar jump gets a bit tiresome, especially since there's as far as I know no way to see if a planet has a civilization or not before landing.

• Locked thread