Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Sorry about the lack of updates recently. Work has been kicking my rear end even on what are normally slow days.

Video
Alternate Paths and Ending

Available on iOS and Google Play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008

You asked about Got Milk in the video and interestingly enough the first item that comes up in google search is a news article that they are just now retiring the phrase after 20 years.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oh God, the Go Fish minigame. That poo poo drove me crazy as a kid, but otherwise this was one of my favorite games, even if I didn't get any of the references.

Also, what the Christ is up with that alt box art. It looks like something that got pulled from a DeviantArt account.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I friggin' love the Spy Fox Games; I honestly wish there were more of them besides the three adventures - or five if you count, 'Cheese Chase' and 'Hold the Mustard.'

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
As soon as you mentioned the pelican's tattoo, I had a feeling I knew which one you were thinking of. And you didn't disappoint.

Looking at it now, there were so many jokes and references that no kid would've gotten but the parents playing with them would've, so props to HE for thinking of the parents.

Those Go Fish games were amazing.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

One of my favorite things about the Spy Fox series is its distinct art style. Like how the colored parts of objects often overlap their lines.

Also puns and lines like "A spy without a gadget is like a shopping cart without a broken wheel." Spy Fox is great.

Level Seven posted:

Looking at it now, there were so many jokes and references that no kid would've gotten but the parents playing with them would've, so props to HE for thinking of the parents.

Discovering all the references in the Spy Fox games was a part of growing up for me. I think I was vaguely aware of James Bond being a thing, but it was ages before I understood things like Monkey Penny = Moneypenny or Professor Quack = Q. It was longer still before I discovered that Spy Fox himself is more based on Maxwell Smart than 007. The voice and the gadgets made out of shoes are the big giveaways.

Perhaps even stranger were the references I did get the first time through. I guess it wasn't that weird that I knew Drydock was doing the whole James T. Kirk thing since my parents were Star Trek fans and I'd already watched the movies. But how on earth did I get that Walter Wireless was a reference to Walter Cronkite? I'm not sure how I even knew who Cronkite was since he'd been off the air for practically a decade before I was born.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aw man, Spy Fox. The Best Humongous Adventures. :allears:

Just started watching, and I love how it opens with the villain watching a child crying over a carton of empty milk and gloating. "Got Milk? Not any more! :smug:" He's just a douchebag, and I love it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Walter's outfit during the tango scene was very much like Buzzy's; a nice touch. :allears:

Gotta say, I'm absolutely loving this. That Spy Fox game fits my sense of humour just perfectly.

The 'canon' path definitely seems better than the alternatives, mind you. Go Fish really isn't your game, is it?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I remember playing these games and their demos. God loving damnit.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Watching this I had a thought, that Passport to Peril ripped the Spy Fox off, but no, it was released a year earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7fdbydwdeE
It seems, splicing Bond with Get Smart was a fashionable thing.

Miniature Moose
Mar 14, 2009
Aww man...for some reason, the video just stops and refuses to play at 44 minutes through the main update. Has anyone else experienced this?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

I remember playing Spy Fox in Dry Cereal with my siblings, and all of us getting stuck because of the different paths the game has. I don't think I've actually ever beaten it.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Miniature Moose posted:

Aww man...for some reason, the video just stops and refuses to play at 44 minutes through the main update. Has anyone else experienced this?

That may just be youtube making GBS threads itself again. Try again tomorrow and see if it works.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I probably shouldn't laugh at Go Fish being your own personal kryptonite, but I am.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So no new update this week since it took me forever to record the alternate path video for the next game, so here instead is a new installment in "I really need to stay away fro ARC thrift"

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Hey, I see a Cyberchase game! :) That show had a decent enough theme song.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

mateo360 posted:

So no new update this week since it took me forever to record the alternate path video for the next game, so here instead is a new installment in "I really need to stay away fro ARC thrift"

Does the game Cyberchase have Christoper Lloyd and Gilbert Gottfried as voice actors or could they only swing them for the television series?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Blue Ghost posted:

Does the game Cyberchase have Christoper Lloyd and Gilbert Gottfried as voice actors or could they only swing them for the television series?

No CL or GG unfortunately. That was one of the first things I checked.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Holy poo poo I remember that Aladdin game, probably because it actually used small clips from the film so I thought it was the bee's knees when I was 4.

Also, we get some Magic School Bus too :3:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Video
Alternate Paths

Available on iOS and Google Play

The next video will not be an HE game but it will still be a Edutainment game.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 18, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man Putt-Putt is way too excited to go show off his report and school supplies. I like how the game actually provided a reason for why he has to get everything back, since otherwise he should've just gotten Pep and called it a day.

I always caught on that all the non-animal beings in most of the time period were various kinds of vehicles, but this is the first time that I realized that Will is a Wheel.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

mateo360 posted:

Oh poo poo, Little Monster At School. I had that game. I remember it particularly because it didn't loving work. :argh:

Also holy poo poo Putt-Putt Travels Through Time--the entire putt-putt series in general, really--and the Spyfox games. Those loving games were probably a huge influence on my love of adventure games. I spent so many goddamn hours playing them and not even knowing what to do, just enjoying faffing about getting no actual progress done.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So, in an interesting bit of news, Humongous Entertainment is now an actual company again

http://humongous.com/

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

And I'd like to believe it's all because of your efforts, mateo.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

mateo360 posted:

So, in an interesting bit of news, Humongous Entertainment is now an actual company again

http://humongous.com/

It looks like another company just bought the IP after Atari went bankrupt.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

After cooking it in the Sandcastle- AND with mateo's okay, I present...

Where the SSLP now stands for Super Scary Looking Place, it's Jumpstart 4th Grade!
Quick bit on Jumpstart's series.
From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia posted:

JumpStart is an educational media franchise for children, consisting mostly of educational games, produced by Knowledge Adventure. The series is distributed as Jump Ahead in the United Kingdom. It originally consisted of a series of educational PC games, but has expanded to include workbooks, videos, iPad apps, and other media - including, perhaps most significantly, a massively multiplayer online game located at JumpStart.com, first launched March 10, 2009
Okay, but what in the hell is this?
This, dear reader is Jumpstart's game geared at 4th Graders of the 90s. Like the games for 3rd and 5th Grade, there's a theme to your lessons. This time, it's a HAUNTED ISLAND. :drac:

... Haunted Island. Aimed at 9-10 year olds. Very smart idea.
Guess what happened to this game after some parents deemed it too spooky. It got canned, yanked off the shelves, and was replaced with some poo poo about a mine of sapphires or something.

So go on. What's the plot?
The plot's simple: You missed a day of class. Your class transformed into monsters while you were gone. You have to free them from a witch's house. See? Simple.

Alright. How is the LP gonna be played out? Last I heard, JumpStart games are pretty poor for VLPs.
Well yeah. Hence why it's gonna be Screenshot/Narrative. We shall be viewing the exploits of one Jack Orff, the boy who livedwas so loving lucky.

... but what's the end goal? Like, what is Jack supposed to do?
His quest- should he choose to accept- is to search for each of his classmate's prized possessions. Four per classmate, with an unknown currently amount of classmates. He also needs to find keys to break into Ms. Grunkle's house save his class.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Wolfgang.
-Section 1: Frog Drugs and Ghost Bubs. -SEE BELOW-
-Section 2: The Hunchback Of Haunted Island Meets Some Scottish Pirates.

Chapter 1-1: Frog Drugs and Ghost Bubs.
MANDATORY INTRO HERE: YouTube
The part of Jack will be played by Brock Lesnar because I thought it was a good idea.

: So... the bat told me to visit this lady. Right then, let's go.

Jack enters the gypsy cart.

: Oh, I'm SO glad you've come! I've been expecting you. The children certainly need your help.

: ... yeah?

: Can you BELIEVE that DREADFUL Miss Grunkle had turned those sweet, innocent little children into MONSTERS by depriving them of their favorite possessions? You didn't need a crystal ball to see THAT one was coming. Fortunately, I've found some magic cards that will HELP us bring them back. Each card-

: GET ON WITH IT ALREADY

: ... ahem. Dear crystal, dear ball... don't stop, till you show us all!

: Please don't. :gonk:

: Oh dear... a tragic fate! Wolfgang loved his music so...

: *coughcough*

: Now that Miss Grunkle has deprived him of it, he's become QUITE a hairy wolf.

: He's not THAT hairy...

: YOU must restore him. Let's see the cards....

: Eeny meeny miney moe, catch a LIZARD by his toe...

: You mean lio-

: If he hollers, make it STOP. Eeny meeny miney mop. Go on, pick a card.

: ... you're on drugs, lady. I swear.

Jack picks a card... and it's this:

: To find a prince, to set him free, travel now to the magic trees. You must save one prince.

: DRUGS. YOU'RE ON THEM. I'M OUT.

*end scene*

So Jack's task is to free a prince... somehow. Right. Let's consult the map, shall we?

Jack hates mazes and maze-like paths. Thankfully, this MAGICAL MAP can warp him anywhere on the island. Right now, it's off to the Enchanted Forest.

After some "walking", Jack happens upon the forest.

: Here we are in the Enchanted For-

: EWBATGETTHEFUCKAWAYFROMME :gonk:

The bat explains what to do. It's basically "decimal measuring with unknown chemicals". Take a baster, fill it, squirt it into the apropos cauldron. Repeat until the froggy's human.

: ...

: ...?

: ...

: I'll mix these possibly poisonous chemicals now...

: ... ribbit

Immediately, Jack tries to shove moss slime into the bat bile cauldron.

: Ingredients must be kept separate. Here's a thought. Try a different ingredient, or perhaps a different CAULDRON.

: DON'T GET SMART WITH ME, YOU WARTY gently caress, I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. Hey wait, how are you talking. :frog:

: ribbit

After trial and error, and a close call, Jack finally gets the measurements. He then uses the billow... POOF

: Excellent work! I feel better already! Quickly now, mix another potion!

: Of course, my green crowned friend! :drugnerd:

He then proceeds to follow more instructions, et cetera.

: By jove, I think you've got it! Soon, I'll be rid of these warts! Mix another, and I'll be my old self in no time!

: ... erm, okay! Lemme see what the last recipe is... and...

: I get the feeling this is some weak poo poo I'm gonna make. ESPECIALLY after the first two.

He makes the last potion needed. POOF

: You did it! You broke the spe-

: HOLY gently caress THAT FACE IS HIDEOUS GET IT AWAY FROM ME. :froggonk:

Now, you'd THINK that the mission's done and we get our shiny prize, right? Wrong. Each mission's a two-parter. Here's part 2:

: Complete your quest, smarter than most. Rendezvous with a graveyard ghost. You must save three souls.

: ... was that the frog gas getting to me? Bah.

And then Jack heads to the Graveyard.

*end scene*

For the next scene, I thought about including the voice clips for each of the finished stories, but... eh, not sure if it'll be worth it. Speaking of the next scene, SPOILERS we're playing Mad Libs, sans any fun words. Thrilling, ain't it.

Jack immediately finds a blank gravestone.

: Whugh, these cemeteries give me the creeps!

: BAT.

The objective here is to click the words that'd fit with the yellow text on the tombstone. Three things, though. One, you have to wait for the fitting ones. Two, you're on a timer. And three, you get unlimited gently caress-ups.

I'm just gonna put all three stories in quick succession. No ghost interaction until the end. Ellipses added to emulate how the ghost says the stories.

Ghosts, Goblins, Gremlins Unite!
Now is the time for all bad spooks to come to the... PIER... of their Dark and... ADORED... brothers and sisters. We can no longer... WRECK... the constant scorn and lack of affection from humans. For centuries they have polluted the... CONCRETE... with the ideas of Kindness and Harmony.

I... REQUEST... all ghosts, goblins, gremlins- every... MARVELOUS... creature of the night- to fight back. Together we can rid this world of Friendship and Happiness Together we can... CELEBRATE... free the... THRONE... of Meanness and Despair.

Join me now, and we will rule in horror and chaos FOREVER!

:

This story felt super stupid to transcribe holy poo poo.

The Dragon Ride
The last thing Austin expected was that the School Bus Driver would turn into a Dragon. But he did. He... CONSUMED... a blast of fire down the aisle of the bus and ordered all the children to stay in their... COSTUMES.

"Where are you taking us?" Austin demanded.

"To dinner," said the Dragon. "MY dinner!"

All the... MORTAL... kids started screaming. But when the Bus... ERUPTED... at the... ABANDONED... crossing, Austin jumped out the window and ran for... MERCY. Later, when the police... PIERCED... the Dragon, everybody said Austin was a hero. Except the Dragon. He just said he was still... BITTER.

Doomsday for Daniel
One morning at breakfast, Daniel looked at his parents and... REJOICED... with horror. He knew they were possessed. It wasn't what they were doing, saying, or eating that revealed their state to him. It was the... HORRIFIED... look of... MOONLIGHT... in their eyes.

Daniel pretended that he hadn't noticed, CONCEALED... his breakfast, and went to phone for help. When he called his grandparents, his hope faded. His grandparents' voices also had that same... CAREFREE... tone of the Shadow Creatures.

Daniel ran out of his... ROUTE... to school. He found the same terror there. Every grownup... FROZE... at him with that same empty stare.

"Oh no," Daniel cried. "How soon will it happen to me?" And then his eyes went blank.

: ... THESE STORIES SUCK.

: Hey, that ain't the only thing that sucks round here. Hyuk.

: :frogsiren:

And here's our prize!

: ... wow. Wolfgang sure had a neat little violin.

: Wasn't that SPECIAL?!

: BACK THE gently caress OFF, LADY

To be continued! Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn.

widespread fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 10, 2014

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
That was absolutely fantastic. Keep doing more of that, please. Though I for one would have liked you to record voice clips, if it's not too much of a bother.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

That last story was pretty :catstare: but Goosebumps it is not. Also I think everyone can agree that the prince would probably be better off as a frog :frogsiren:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Chapter 1-2: The Hunchback of Haunted Island Met Some Scottish Pirates I Guess.
Alt Title: The Cock Tower And Pirate poo poo gently caress HOW DO I RECORD IN VIRTUALDUB PROPER gently caress

In this update, the narrative will be more... narrative and less on the in-game speech. Fair warning.

After retrieving Wolfgang's stolen violin, Jack returns to Madame Pomreeda's cart to get the next mission.

: So. What's the next big thing I gotta get?

: Ahem. Pick a card first.

: Oh. Right. Will do.

Space reserved for a card because of technical issues.

: Start your quest with notes gone sour, in the place that keeps the hour. You must play three melodies.

: ... like, generic clock tower melodies?
*end scene*

In case you missed it, our next mission takes us to the... DEAD center of the island. The Clock Tower! Unfortunately, we're not being chased by a kid with scissors here. We're just playing music. I'd pay to see Clock Tower starring Brock Lesnar as the protagonist though, just saying.

After finding the tower's entrance, Jack ascends to where the organ is stored.

: Oh my... you found the haunted Clock Tower.

: Not hard to miss, to be honest.

: Legend has it, a family of hunchbacks lives here, guarding the tower from intruders.

: ... who the gently caress breaks into a clock to-

: At night, you can hear mysterious music echo throughout the island. Music calms the horrible beasts they say. Hope they're right.

: Hate to agree with you, but they are indeed. Anyways, I have to play some music, so if you coul-

: Sanctuary! SANCTUARY! ... did I scare ya?

: Scare who?

: Aw. My dad would have scared you. Yeah! Huhuhuh! He said he'll let me play the tower chimes if I finish my music lesson! Can you help me...?

: ... fine.
*insert five-star concert with epic pyro here*
Anyways, the game's simple. Press the keyboard key that corresponds with whatever line the advancing bat is on. Three gently caress-ups, and you start it over. Even Semimoto will tell you what you just "played".

: Can we play another? Can we? Huh?

: gently caress. NO. I'm outta here.

And then Jack got his second card.

: To end your challenge ye must stay afloat, wind at your back, a sea on a boat. You must gain 1,000 points worth of treasure.

: ... treasure, you say? You know what this calls for!

With a quick hop into... somewhere... Jack changes his look.

: ARR! Jack be nappin' off a wee bout o' tiredness! This be your NEW cap'n now! Cap'n Jack Ornn! AVAST YE FUCKOS!

Jack- er, Captain Jack- runs off to where the pirate ship is on the map. One quick boat ride and swashbuckling boarding, he gets to the task.

Fair Warning: Pirates. Booty. Bullshit. Geography. All of which is up ahead.

: ARR! SAIL THIS BOAT TO THE TREASURE!

: But cap'n! Where is the treasure?

: Er, ye tell me.

: Hang on, lemme consult me-

: SHOVE YE BOOKS UP YOUR ARSE WE GOT AN ENEMY COMIN' UP AHEAD.

: Y'arr. Get off the seas. Ye be scarin' the children worse than-

: gently caress YER KIDS, YE RED DICKBAG.

: ... y'arr. That be rude.

: THAT TEARS IT, WE'RE FIRING. READY, MEN?! OPEN FIRE!

: GET THE gently caress OFF O' ME SEAS YE MORALITY WAVIN' SCALLYWAG.

Meanwhile...

: Hm... wonder what happened to that Jack boy. Let me see...

: KEEP FIRIN' LADS. WE GOT 'EM ON THE RUN.

: But sir! Our cannons are empty! We've nothing t'-

: I SAID KEEP FIRIN'.

: But-

: KEEP. FIRIN'. OR YE BE OFF THE loving DECK.

: ... right away, cap'n.

: Oh good. He's not dead. This calls for a feast!
*end scene*

Now, let's be informative here. The Pirate Ship game is all about geography and consulting your book at least twice. All you have to do is go to the country and dig. There's two hindrances though. One, you have a food counter that goes down with each move. And two, there's red ships you can TRY to avoid. I say try because, well, they're constantly moving. You start with 125 Food and 10 Cannons. Pickups on the map give you 10 Food and 1 Cannon, depending on what they look like. Did I mention the Geography here? That's important. Also, you have a book that MAGICALLY tells you about the country you're currently in.

After an excruciatingly long fight with the seas, Captain Jack manages to secure 1,000 Points in gold.

: WE BE RICH! Best go wake up the boy, tell 'im we got money.

Without a second thought, Jack rips off the hat. He then chucks it away.

: Right. What did we get for our troubles?

: A... thingy. The gently caress is...?

Just then, Madame Pomreeda assaults Jack's mind.

: gently caress ME. GET OUT OF MY HEAD, POMREEDA.

To be continued, y'arr. Also, I do have some voiceclips prepped. Just need a place to upload them, though.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
You said yes, I presume.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuck I forgot how punny the names are in these games, and I thought Bothoven in 3rd Grade was bad

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Chapter 1-3: Wolfgang Owes Us Big Time.
This is the part where repetition starts to rear its ugly head. Rather than show you the same nine games over and over and over, I decided to make a little story out of it.
With Wolfgang's metronome secured, Jack goes for the third mission.

: Right. Third mission. Let's go.

: Of course. Pick a card.

: ... what's that smell? Eh. Can't care enough.

: Begin your travels where plants can harden, look for clues in the mutant garden. You must have three successful harvests.

: Heh heh, hardening pla- Wait, THREE?! But that'll take too long!

Begrudgingly, Jack finds his way to the Mutant Swamp.

: gently caress, where's the garden? I assume it's some shack or maybe a home or-

: Holy gently caress that's awesome. :stare:

: Right! So... how the gently caress does this-

: Howdy, partner!

: OH JESUS CHRIST gently caress ME

Jack winds up taking a tumble into the swamp. He manages to break the boat in the process.

: ... you alright?
*end scene*
So this minigame. It's HUGELY experimentation-based. And boy do I mean hugely. You have to guess the pattern of how the seeds grow based on seed location AND how much light and water you give them. This will take you AT LEAST three trials to get to the goal.
Oh, and we have to do this three times. So nine trials MINIMUM unless the patterns never change at all.

After some insurmountable amount of time, Jack manages to grow three good harvests.

: Now THAT'S a healthy crop! Dunno what they're gonna be used for. But I don't care! What's the next task?

: Finish your journey, that is the goal. Go to the place where the bells they toll. You must play three melodies.

: ... you mean I have to go back there again? gently caress. Least it can't get any worse.

It gets worse. Ms. Grunkle makes her first appearance!

: So! You don't want to give up! I see. Well then I'll just have to take MATTERS into my own hands!

: Do it, I dare ya.

She just flies off. No Jack vs Grunkle Deathmatch yet. Regardless, Jack flees to the Clock Tower.

MEANWHILE...

: Forsooth! Has the kid grown our crops for us?

: To tell you the truth, sir... he's not that good at farming. How he got 64 mortiferas and 88 siccus plants is beyond me.

: Oh, do hold your tongue, winged rat! As long as we've a good supply, we're able to keep our holds on the schools!

: Ah yes, yes. The strangleholds we have. How is that going, by the way?

: Fairly adequate. We have just started to... ahem... "modify" those square pizzas.

: So that they're more addictive than they were before?

: With the added benefits of unknown side effects. But it shall be fine. Keep the kid busy. And tell the madame not to sample the product. She is already burning a hole in our carefully-lined pockets.

BACK AT THE TOWER...

: Guh. That felt worse than the last time. He had me use TWO hands! Anyways... what's the prize?

: Siiiiiiiiinging in the rain... I'm siiiiiinging in the rain~!

: Madame, you're scaring me. :gonk:

With a speck of fear in his heart, Jack takes up the final mission

: Begin your journey, the bugs you'll repel, along the edge of a watery well. You must play three rounds.

: Three rounds of WHAT? The hell am I gonna do at a well? Bah.

With confusion in his head, Jack makes his way down to the Well of Toads.
*end scene*

Because I don't feel like making 52 updates in a Megathread, I will make it so that way there's two to four items gained per update. AND EVEN THEN, it'd probably be boring. So expect a huge bullshit story or whatever.

After some walking, Jack finally reaches the Toad Well.

: So let me guess. Judging from all the bullshit I've done so far, this might as well be about licking toads.

: ... I'd rather lick toads, to be honest.
*end scene*

In this game, you control a toad as it spins around the well. Basically, you have to eat the bug that fits the ? down on the problem. In this case, you'd eat a bug that's in the shape of the number 3. There's also round bugs that net you 10 points whenever you eat it. Sadly, I could not get good footage of what happens when you win a round. It's the toad spinning around the edge of a well as a bell goes off.

It is rather easy for Jack to win three rounds in a row. However, the mysterious noises irk him just as bad as the bat.

: Guess this island really IS haunted. loving bell noises going off. I just hope the last task is something relatively-

: To finish your test, you must make a motion, toward the trees to brew a potion. You must save one-

: GOD DAMMIT. :argh:

Mumbling a slew of swears, Jack ventures back to the Enchanted Forest. Through a slew of trees and other nasty things, he eventually-
WE INTERRUPT YOUR STORY TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT MESSAGE.

: Hey kids. Tired of your federally mandated school lunches? So am I. Those nachos give me bad belly aches. whugh. That's why I only trust Princely Pizzas! The only Pizza that is certain to not only be healthy, but to also be delicious!

: Hello! I'm Prince Gorf, spokesperson and CEO of Princely Pizzas! And I can approve that these pizzas are the best thing to happen to elementary schools across the nation! After all, spokespeople cannot lie on national commercials!

: This is our latest line of pizzas: the garden pizza! Above the traditional whole grain crust and artisan crafted cheese, we proudly serve children hand-selected vegetables straight from our own gardens! All pizzas are prepared to order, and sent out overnight! We cannot tell you how. But do know that you shall not be wasting your money elsewhere! Buy Princely Pizzas today!

WE NOW RETURN TO THE STORY, ALREADY IN PROGRESS

... as Jack crawls from the earth. His body is caked in grime and chemicals, as he coughs rather loudly.

: The gently caress was that?! I knew those chemicals were bad for me! Gh. Think of the classmates, think of the classmates...

: Oh, great job! Have you ever considered a career in-

: JUST. MAKE. WOLFGANG. HUMAN.

: ... very well.

: A violin, a harp, a flute, a metronome. Hm, a virtual symphony of clues! No doubt this werewolf is really a musician!

: :frog:

: Well, I'm sure my spellbook contains JUST the right notes to create some BEAUTIFUL harmony! Hm hm. Begone, you werewolf! You are WAY offkey! Your loud howls and growls are no melody. Your evil ways prove you don't know the score! Be still, be silent... perform nevermore! Swirl, musical notes. POUND, echoing drums! The magic music plays, the REAL truth comes!

: :frog:

: Werewolf, it's done. It's the END of your songs. Wolfgang returns to the FORM he belongs!

: ... I've no words.

Jack has braved the island long enough to revert Wolfgang! But. Can he save his other classmates? Or will Ms. Grunkle turn him into a monster? Will the Prince ever be stopped? Will the bat stop scaring the poo poo out of Jack? And will Pomreeda lay off the pipe? Tune in next time for more... SUPER SCARY LOOKING PLACE!

Around the next update is when I'll be putting up audio files. Just got a Soundcloud and it may be the thing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

It must have been a disappointment to get the box in the middle, play the game, and never actually see Sir Putt-Putt because the randomness didn't want you to.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Video
Alternate Paths

Available on iOS, Google Play and Amazon App Store

The new Humongous Entertainment is suppose to have some kind of reveal on Thursday. As soon as I know, I will let the thread know. It probably won't be anything to get to excited over. I am guessing it will be putting more of the old catalog up as apps.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

mateo360 posted:

As soon as I know, I will let the thread know. It probably won't be anything to get to excited over. I am guessing it will be putting more of the old catalog up as apps.

Heh...

quote:

Steam Release Schedule:

4/17

Putt-Putt® Joins the Parade

Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds

Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside

Spy Fox in: Dry Cereal

Putt-Putt® and Pep’s Balloon-o-Rama

Freddi Fish and Luther’s Maze Madness

5/1

Putt-Putt® Goes to the Moon

Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse

Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren’t so Frightening

Spy Fox 2: Some Assembly Required

Putt-Putt® and Pep’s Dog on a Stick

Freddi Fish and Luther’s Water Worries

5/15

Putt-Putt® Travels through Time

Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell

Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet

Spy Fox 3: Operation Ozone

Putt-Putt® and Fatty Bear’s Activity Pack

5/29

Putt-Putt® Enters the Race

Putt-Putt® Joins the Circus

Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch

Pajama Sam 4: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!

Spy Fox in: Cheese Chase

6/6

Putt-Putt®: Pep’s Birthday Surprise

Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove

Pajama Sam’s Sock Works

Spy Fox in: Hold the Mustard

Pajama Sam’s Lost & Found

http://humongous.com/2014/04/humongous-entertainment-gets-the-steam-treatment/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ooh Pajama Sam 4? That's the only one I never played as a kid. This is pretty cool.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Yep, All the games I have/am/will be playing (With the exception of Fatty Bear for some reason) are going to be on steam by Mid-June. It is nice to have these games available on PC again.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
These link are not active yet (wait till about 1 EST/10 PST since that is usually when steam releases)

Putt-Putt Joins the Parade

Freddi Fish in the Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds

Pajama Sam in No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside

Spy Fox in Dry Cerel

OP has been updated with these links as well. I will update as the games are added.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Oh wow this thread exists! I was planning on doing an LP of where in time is Carmen Sandiego and never got around to it. If I can figure how to fix my technical kinks I'll definitely show off the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

My Face When posted:

Oh wow this thread exists! I was planning on doing an LP of where in time is Carmen Sandiego and never got around to it. If I can figure how to fix my technical kinks I'll definitely show off the game.

I have been trying to work out technical kinks on my copy for years. If it is the cartoon one, I plan on doing that if I ever get it working properly. My issue is that the sound doesn't work properly.

• Locked thread