Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm going as the real fake doors guy... made a hat. The door will glow in the dark!

It was a god drat pain finding a yellow shirt though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

GET IN HERE QUICK!
GET OUT QUICKER!
(with an arm full of fake doors in your arm)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How many Rick and Morty fans have been following Justin since his channel 101 days? Did a lot of people discover rick and morty via their exposure to his delightful catalog of works from channel 101?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Justin Roiland's "Reporters" is something.
http://www.channel101.com/episode/442

2 Girls 1 Cup: The Show. The plot starts out simple but it gets uhh... special.
http://www.channel101.com/episode/523

Most Extraordinary Space Investigations. Justin, Dan Harmon, and later Sarah Silverman. They get high as gently caress as adlib space adventures.
http://www.channel101.com/episode/305

Phone Sexers. Justin, Ryan Ridley (I'm WALKin' here!!) , Abed (who abed from community is named after) and many more. This halloween hellraiser special is really well done.
http://www.channel101.com/episode/430

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Brocktoon posted:

How could you have forgotten House of Cosbys? http://www.channel101.com/show/148

I figured everyone had seen that already but missed amazing thing's like Justin Roiland as a Hellraiser cenobite phone sex worker.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Chewbacca posted:

Yeah, I knew him as Christopher Cross in Yacht Rock before I knew him from anything else.

I'm going to play my song now

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I stopped watching community around season 2 or 3. I don't know why, just like Bob's Burgers I just slowly stopped wanting to make time for it. Is it worth picking back up in season 5? I was on a plane and they had a random episode and it was all about how the crazy old guy died and had a crazy will and something about cum, it was pretty ok.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Not an Owl posted:

Someone posted about it earlier but I just did a little research on the whole healthcare for the crew of Ricky & Morty thing and it's pretty hosed up. Makes me a little uncomfortable watching the show now, even if an agreement was reached.

As much as I love the show I've heard Harmon and Roiland are both raving libertarians of some stripe. Which makes sense that the main character is an insane libertarian intergalactic free-man-on-the-spacetime and his arch nemisis is the very concept of an organized government which he's willing to murder countless of it's police and civilians if they get in the way of his right to be a space criminal.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 6, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

tarlibone posted:

Oh, come on. You know it'd be a gun that vaporized the person, but he'd have some hidden container on his body that he'd activate and when the dust settled, there'd be a corpse with a butt face laying on the floor.

Maybe he'd turn them into snakes?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I have no idea about this franchise but man I hate over sauced drippy burgers. They really managed to nail how unappealing and gross burgers can be.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Also, who the gently caress wants a live action archer movie? That's a dumb as hell idea. What? Cartoons not good enough for you? Jon Benjamin IS archer, and I guess it would be funny to see him in a wig trying to look handsome, but otherwise no, gently caress. Boring.

A live action Rick and Morty would probably end up being one of the worst films ever made.

Even with Chris Lloyd as Doc, doing his best drunken impression ?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Like that big dumb guy in the car movies says, "perfect in all the ways"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

His work in "kitty cat man" seems like something out of interdimensional cable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-fUlOLkbvQ

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Justin can't actually burp on command. He does all his line regular then after hours he comes back in to re-do the burp lines by sitting there all night with cans of carbonated water and light beer. Almost everyone else on the cast can fake burp on command and he's really jealous.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

movax posted:

I binged the entirety of this show in the past two days.

1. Can't believe I haven't watched it earlier.
2. This show is loving amazing and fills the void left by Futurama's departure, albeit ramping up the darkness and hosed-upness.
3. SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT.

I like what you got :)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hope the next season uses the statist federation enslavement of earth to turn every episode into Harmon and Roiland's libertarian soap box in a way that would make South Park feel uncomfortable.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So you can't play this on a normal computer, only a tiny pocket computer?
How come "mobile games" don't all have web based or PC versions? Is it really that hard?

\/ Cool thanks!

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 13, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Zaphod42 posted:

Mobile games don't have 'quit' or 'save' dude.

This threw me off, I kept playing thinking it was like an old console game and I had to find a "save point". They should make things more clear, or it's just an assumed thing for mobile games?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What's the trick to combining morties? They have to be of same or similar type?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Khablam posted:

Remember when all those other tie-in games ruined the show they were based on? Shows such as

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So what's more important, the base model of morty, or the level? Is it just level + rock/paper/scissors or is there more to it? Do morties evolve if you level them up enough, or only through combining?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd like to get the major studios, IP and licensing lawyers, and related politicians in a room. They will be told that they have a few hours to come up with a simple proposal that makes it easy for youtube or netflix or any "content" to be universally viewable regardless of country or the room will fill with deadly nerve gas.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah I found Razing Gazorpazorp a little weak, and I thought the Zardoz plot fell back on a lot of tired stereotypes and the jokes felt like 20 years out of date. lol women don't fart and they're obsessed with their bangs.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Slightly Absurd posted:

That is one of the great things about this show; even the worst of episodes have at least something in it that's loving hilarious. Like, I'm not a huge fan of the second interdimensional cable episode [the first one is so drat good,] but Wernor Herzog making dick jokes is loving great

Oh yeah, that's the worst episode. But that one Herzog bit is amazing.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

All the characters are good, no one is annoying or bad. Any X-centric character episode is good, I never feel like "uhg a summer episode!" They're all idiots in their own ways but also quite enjoyable.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Is it common if you don't like McFarlane's humour to like rick and morty and vice versa? Are they some how mutually exclusive?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

What are the styles? Clockwise I assume: Simpsons, King of the kill, spaghetti people, weird manga style (fist of the north star?), Bobs burgers, another style?

\/ Oh right adventure time, I've seen that! I like that lemonman!

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 1, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Brightman posted:

Fun Fact: Lemonman (Lemongrab) is voice by Roiland, he also does a voice or two on Gravity Falls iirc.

Yeah that's why I watched a bit of it. I only watched the eps he did voice work in. And boy oh boy did his voice work those episodes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Horse surgeons DO make a lot of money, or can if they have their business set up well and are good with finances and don't have crippling debts or addictions. The only person who gives beth poo poo for "only" being a horse surgeon is Jerry, who's a god drat loving idiot and it's absolutely in character to think he'd be so stupid to see her as some lesser animal surgeon rather than a proper people-surgeon because people are above animals after all.

The smiths have a big house filled with expensive things. Jerry has no job, there's 2 kids in the family as well. Depending on where they live their house could easily be in the 600k+ range, they could be spending a poo poo ton on other crap, they could be putting a lot together for the kids future education.

I've seen people making solid six figures a year in horrible debt, going their whole lives teetering on the brink because they're just really really bad with money and have massive credit card debts they're too stupid to deal with so they keep paying that 20%+ interest making minimal payments every month while the situation keeps getting worse but they're "upper middle class" so can't possibly cut back on any of their stupid habits. Instead they usually just rant about how it's all the government taxing them to death and its the "middle class" that really suffers today.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I've never owned a DVD before, but after how many times I've watched rick and morty, and people saying the bonus features are real good, I should really pick up season 1 and 2 and watch the poo poo out of that commentary.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I will straight up murder anyone who brushes up against my expensive wallpaper.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I never felt like the pilot felt like a pilot. It feels like all the other episodes, maybe a bit more burping and drooling but I love that Roiland poo poo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Last Chance posted:

It's a nice shirt, but there's no way in hell I'm ever signing up for LootCrate

I'd be less embarrassed having sex toys shipped to my house than a lootcrate.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The host is pure channel 101 and I love it. I love that so many of those guys are working on rick and morty now. I've been following these fuckers from day one and I love that they've finally had success and are doing amazing things.

If you want to see some good Ryan Ridley and Justin Roliland AND Harmon check out the "Phone Sexors" halloweed special, it's AMAZING http://www.channel101.com/episode/430

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm going to gently caress you in that stab hole.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The dude who thought the dog's actual name was beancounter was one of the most amazing discussions I've ever read.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Ramos posted:

It's also just really cute to watch Rick and Summer spending some quality time together like that.

Yeah I really liked that episode as it felt like Summer got to break out and do her own poo poo with grandpa rather than just being Morty's dumb big sister.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Argue posted:

Dan Harmon has an AMA up and he really loves answering it; a lot of his answers are really well thought out or at least quite detailed. You get to learn the events that led to him being taken off Community season 4, for instance.

More relevant to this thread, I liked his answer to "What's the drink in Rick's flask?"

I can never figure out how to read reddit and I'm not sorting through thousands of "hi dan how can I get a job?!" or "lol rock an morty is my fav show gay" posts to find his replies buried. Would love to hear the juiciest juice though.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

http://www.channel101.com/episode/514
Some classic Harmon and Roiland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why is rick a pickle?

• Locked thread