Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jerkface posted:

One thing I liked about the lawnmower dog episode was that Rick built the brain thingy to accept more power which would of course make the dog smarter. He could have avoided the whole incident by only allowing room for the 1 battery but he purposefully built it to accept more?!? Good guy, Rick.

Rick is a very opinionated guy. He starts off saying having a smart dog is a bad idea, but he does it anyway. The extra power was left in to make sure he would be proven right, and the dad would be wrong. He really, really doesn't like his son-in-law, and will endanger the future of humanity just to be a dick to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think my favorite TV bit was that brief flash with Game of Thrones--but where Dinklage is the only one who isn't a dwarf. Either that or Antsin The-Eyes-Johnson.

This was a surprisingly touching episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

tarlibone posted:

Yeah, I hear ya.

For example, there was hope that we'd see at least a little bit of new Venture Bros. at some point in 2014... but I don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah, but Venture Bros is different. It's an auteur project produced almost entirely by two weird dudes...Oh gently caress, we aren't going to see another Rick & Morty until the next decade, are we?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Typical posted:

this was a highly sought after piece in the white elephant gift exchange at work. my friend max who does character design on the show drew this.

Geez, that looks pretty uncomfortable. His neck must be getting sore.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

In the deepest of the darkwebz apparently.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KoRMaK posted:

was it in season 4?

When harmon left the characters turned into 1d or 2d caricatures. Britta just turned into dumb blonde instead of activist and social concientious leftist and abed was bing bong therem level spergy instead of meta spergy.

If you watch harmontown you can get an impression of both harmon and roiland. And that impression is when things go really well they get bored and start burning it down. Hopefully they channel that into the writing instead of their professional handling of the show

I still like Community, but I think it's the moment that they pretend that Britta has always been a screw-up that things kind of feel not as good afterwards.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Toxxupation posted:

you mean, like, halfway through the first season

No, when they talk about "britta"-ing things up.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

KoRMaK posted:

for real? thats where you tapped out? I liked that and all the other stuff. Because, britta is like that. she's well meaning but has so many personal hang ups about justice and right that she lies to herself and stumbles around dealing with her own morality. Even that is more characterization than when she first started. You got to know britta over time.

i liked every season harmon was on, and especially the last season where the characters are all just mouth pieces for harmon and his rants.

I didn't say that I tapped out. I just said that I didn't like it as much after that.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

hemophilia posted:

China il, is not that good. The intro is bad and i care about nobody or nothing that happens

Is it possible for someone with a duck avatar to be a bad person?

My worldview has been rocked. :psyduck:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CelticPredator posted:

He wanted to make sure the device would 100% kill him.

He wanted to make sure it would end his miserable life so he had to test it using another creature's equally miserable life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ashpanash posted:

That's because math isn't about arithmetic. Once you get into higher order math, the little things like arithmetic get lost in the shuffle. Ask a true math professor what 6x7 is, and you'll most likely get "around 40," which is perfectly acceptable within a reasonable margin of error.

Unless they're a Hitchhiker's fan.

• Locked thread