Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Sleeveless posted:

Congratulations, you totally called it. It was a great episode and then when the post-credit gag with Mr. PBH started I did the internal equivalent of diving in slow-motion while yelling "nooooo" because they were this close to having an amazing finale and then they just had to cram in some wink-at-the-camera bullshit and run Mr. PBH into the ground in the process.

Agreed, much like Venture Bros it's going from being a funny parody of genre fiction to an actual example of said genre fiction because the creators are too in love with their own characters and mythology for their own good, no matter how much irony and lampshading they cram in around it.

Are you kidding, they weren't on earth for five seconds before they started with the tired "bureaucracy is inefficient" and "psychology is just the man trying to keep you down, maaaan" social commentary non-jokes. I'm really not looking forward to a whole season built around the parts of Harmontown that everybody fast-forwards to to get to the actual jokes.

Jerry get a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

america is already schwifty (making GBS threads on the floor)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I tried to watch ghost in the shell show with my sister once and i couldn't take the parts where major and her boss talk technobabble at length while her nearly bare rear end hangs out seriously.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Am I missing something, why do you think that's supposed to be funny

the same reason that mr jellybean molesting morty was obviously meant as "toxic family guy style humor" and also pedobait

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

GlyphGryph posted:

Anyways, all caught up on the show and the thread.

Just want to say one final thing, I was super happy with the very ending of the season subtly confirming that Mr Poopy Butthole was a parasite all along and never actually got shot. Which, I mean, I thought it was obvious and everyone was just playing along with the joke, but no, him being not-a-parasite was actually a real thing people believed! So them managing to squeeze another joke out of it was pretty fun (and I'm sure most people will continue to insist he's not a parasite because they remember him being shot, poor guys, but it really just makes the whole thing better so who can blame them).

what

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
really bursting into a thread and screaming that everyone agrees with you before you've actually listened to anyone else weigh is the most insufferable thing, even more insufferable than a "CLEVER" theory that would add absolutely nothing to the show of any value or entertainment or feeling

this is not a steven moffat season of doctor who where all that matters is how clever the writer is and nothing is actually meant to be funny or interesting to the viewer.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
she's not drunk yet
she's too upset to pour straight

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
has rick and morty ever referenced an anime
they reference many things, cartoons do that a lot, are any of them from japan

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I thought the ten Tuesday's at tinkle's video was really funny. It's actually not quite as bizarre and obnoxious as some twitch channels I've seen.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Rick slobbering and screaming in the camera would be a good webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Things go "too perfectly" for rick all the drat time, milking drama out of Earth being taken over and Beth and Summer crying over Rick being missing for multiple episodes isn't the kind of show that this is and the status quo of Rick being revealed as both unstoppable and a real piece of poo poo and Jerry off doing something else is far more likely.

• Locked thread