Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

sticklefifer posted:

Hey, 50+ new posts. I wonder if there's info about the thir--

:yikes:
:livintrope::nignog::crossange::palmon::kamina:

you missed :zoro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm going to gently caress you in that stab hole.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Yellow Ant posted:

How is Ugly Americans? Is it worth checking out?

Ugly Americans was a good show and I miss it. Watch "The Man-Birds" and you'll know why.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Baronjutter posted:

I'm going to gently caress you in that stab hole.

Ooooh hooooo. I'm little Dipper, woah. I'm feelin dizzy. Woaaaah.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
For me it's when the jelly bean is cutting the one kids' face off while wearing the other kids' face. Something about it just made me laugh.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Troy Queef posted:

Ugly Americans was a good show and I miss it. Watch "The Man-Birds" and you'll know why.

Demon Baby is the episode that sold me on the concept. Man Birds is prb #2 for me.

Overall the show was kinda all over the place, it has a bunch of really funny episodes and then there are some real clunkers where it just isn't quite right. I am still sad it is gone.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Not technically Rick and Morty related, but the new Roiland's new game, Accounting, is amazing and free and anyone with a Vive should play it right now.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

Not technically Rick and Morty related, but the new Roiland's new game, Accounting, is amazing and free and anyone with a Vive should play it right now.

I decided to go ahead and buy the Vive to be ready when this game came out. I'm downloading the game now, I'm super excited to probably be grossed out.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

GlyphGryph posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/518580/

A friend just linked it on IRC. I don't have VR, though.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Here's a video of someone playing the game, warning for gameplay spoilers and lame commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEx8Za7x6r4

I thought it was interesting, some cool ideas, definitely grossed out and scary at parts. I think it'll be interesting what other kinds of stuff they make, definitely a meta VR experience.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Even the announcement email for the game is funny as hell.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ElCondemn posted:

Here's a video of someone playing the game, warning for gameplay spoilers and lame commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEx8Za7x6r4

I thought it was interesting, some cool ideas, definitely grossed out and scary at parts. I think it'll be interesting what other kinds of stuff they make, definitely a meta VR experience.

I'd love it if the guy playing wasn't a complete loving retard.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
It is super short though so worth keeping in mind

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Really Rick is more of a Lina Inverse. You can say The Slayers is a proto Rick and Morty.

This is a couple pages back, but you have the correct Anime Example. Nice job, Snooze Cruise.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sorry you apparently read a different thread from the one I posted in :shrug:

But it's all cool.

could u please post in a different thread

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkzl15fGpFk

its heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I was actually just a bit disappointed this wasn't another, more elaborate version of the court transcript.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

I was actually just a bit disappointed this wasn't another, more elaborate version of the court transcript.

The game just came out, it takes time to edit the footage! Have faith :angel:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Anyways, all caught up on the show and the thread.

Just want to say one final thing, I was super happy with the very ending of the season subtly confirming that Mr Poopy Butthole was a parasite all along and never actually got shot. Which, I mean, I thought it was obvious and everyone was just playing along with the joke, but no, him being not-a-parasite was actually a real thing people believed! So them managing to squeeze another joke out of it was pretty fun (and I'm sure most people will continue to insist he's not a parasite because they remember him being shot, poor guys, but it really just makes the whole thing better so who can blame them).

Also, he's settled down and got a pet cat. In the end... it's almost like he became a real character after all. *wipes away tear*

I'm sort of expecting Season 3 to end with a massive teamup of old Rick enemy/allies working together to spring him. The Council of Ricks, Evil Morty, Unity, the family, a different universe version of Bird Person and Squanchy, etc. and so on. And every single one of them dies in the course of the episode, as well as upsetting the entire system and maybe starting another civil war. Cleaning house, and giving us something rather like a clean start.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 20, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

GlyphGryph posted:

Just want to say one final thing, I was super happy with the very ending of the season subtly confirming that Mr Poopy Butthole was a parasite all along and never actually got shot. Which, I mean, I thought it was obvious and everyone was just playing along with the joke, but no, him being not-a-parasite was actually a real thing people believed! So them managing to squeeze another joke out of it was pretty fun (and I'm sure most people will continue to insist he's not a parasite because they remember him being shot, poor guys, but it really just makes the whole thing better so who can blame them).

Also, he's settled down and got a pet cat. In the end... it's almost like he became a real character after all. *wipes away tear*

oh my.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

oh my?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hey! You said you were going to say one final thing!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

GlyphGryph posted:

what

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Hey! You said you were going to say one final thing!

I meant as part of my "catching up", now I get to wallow in the poo poo in real time with everyone else.

Don't you remember? There was one major criticism of the "Mr Poopy Butthole is still obviously a parasite" argument - that he got shot and bled real blood. The pro-parasite folks claimed that was just a fake memory, but most everyone else said he had to have actually got shot because all the fake memories were triggered by a parasite doing a "remember the time?" thing and that never happened in the episode, so he was real.

Except it did, here, at the end, with asking us if we remembered the time he got shot by Beth, hooo-eeee, remember that one? And then we all went and remembered the time he got shot by Beth. Which, uh, yeah, that was very obviously something the writers put in intentionally. With that last piece, he now shares all the properties of a parasite and none of the properties of not-a-parasite, so uh, yeah. Pretty obvious at this point he's a parasite.

But a pretty great parasite, who we all have fond memories of and enjoy having around!

Edit: Unless the wat was about no one actually seriously arguing he wasn't a parasite, I guess? But trust me, people actually believed that it turned out.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 20, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But on a meta level, it is a happy memory since it was a great joke

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

GlyphGryph posted:

I meant as part of my "catching up", now I get to wallow in the poo poo in real time with everyone else.

Don't you remember? There was one major criticism of the "Mr Poopy Butthole is still obviously a parasite" argument - that he got shot and bled real blood. The pro-parasite folks claimed that was just a fake memory, but most everyone else said he had to have actually got shot because all the fake memories were triggered by a parasite doing a "remember the time?" thing and that never happened in the episode, so he was real.

Except it did, here, at the end, with asking us if we remembered the time he got shot by Beth, hooo-eeee, remember that one? And then we all went and remembered the time he got shot by Beth. Which, uh, yeah, that was very obviously something the writers put in intentionally. With that last piece, he now shares all the properties of a parasite and none of the properties of not-a-parasite, so uh, yeah. Pretty obvious at this point he's a parasite.

Edit: Unless the wat was about no one actually seriously arguing he wasn't a parasite, I guess? But trust me, people actually believed that it turned out.

Mr. Poopy Butthole turns out to be real, because it's funny. Hope this helps

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god we're not doing this again

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

General Dog posted:

Mr. Poopy Butthole turns out to be real, because it's funny. Hope this helps

And then he turns out not to be real, because it's also funny and part of an even larger joke. Hope this helps.

Arist posted:

Oh my god we're not doing this again

It looks like we are, it looks like we are.

It's alright, as more people play it I'm sure it will be replaced by Accounting discussion again.

Hopefully.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GlyphGryph posted:

And then he turns out not to be real, because it's also funny and part of an even larger joke. Hope this helps.

i hate you

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
really bursting into a thread and screaming that everyone agrees with you before you've actually listened to anyone else weigh is the most insufferable thing, even more insufferable than a "CLEVER" theory that would add absolutely nothing to the show of any value or entertainment or feeling

this is not a steven moffat season of doctor who where all that matters is how clever the writer is and nothing is actually meant to be funny or interesting to the viewer.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This guy keeps talking despite having one final thing to say!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

But a pretty great parasite, who we all have fond memories of and enjoy having around!

:allears: Come on, people, this is adorable. There was apparently a great war against the "pro-parasite" folks that I completely missed out on, and this person clearly won that war singlehandedly, like Rambo.

Mr. Poopy Butthole is Real.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

GlyphGryph posted:

So if I'm understanding this theory, the audience is being influenced by the parasites? There's some meta joke involving our memories of the episode? I don't really see how that works... I'm pretty sure the joke is that mr poopy butthole was real the whole time, we just assume he's a parasite because of how he was introduced. The characters have never mentioned him before and the other new guy was a parasite. Like sitcoms that introduce characters by acting like they were there the whole time. Also in the commentary the writers say the idea was inspired by a Buffy the vampire slayer episode/storyline where Michelle Trachtenberg's character is introduced like she was there the whole time.

It's a common trope in tv writing when characters are added by pretending they were around the whole time.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RememberTheNewGuy

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
On the Rick & Morty pet theories scale, I give this 2.3 "The dog's actual name was Beancounter"s

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The dude who thought the dog's actual name was beancounter was one of the most amazing discussions I've ever read.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

On the Rick & Morty pet theories scale, I give this 2.3 "The dog's actual name was Beancounter"s

ahaha I forgot about that one. I was going to ask if we'd had any other good crackpot theories/joke misunderstandings in the R&M threads. I find them endearing and sorta interesting in a way.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There is the one where Ash Ketchum is in a coma after a bike accident.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Here are 15 hints dating back to season 1 that explain definitively what a plumbus is for

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Due to the discussion earlier I watched the first two episodes of One Punch Man. I like the stretchy animation in the fights, especially when he punches the muscle-giant-on-steroids in the face and his neck stretches for a mile and a half in the follow through. I also dig the idea of his having a serious crisis as nothing can challenge him anymore. Although the Gorilla was kinda an idiot in the same way most anime villains are. You didn't have to pick a fight with the cyborg, you could have just asked for him to move aside so you could speak with your target and offer him the job, but noooo~ you had to get punk'd by his sidekick due to your pride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
I also watched one punch man thanks to this thread, and I liked it. But I also liked TriGun when it was on adult swim.

• Locked thread