Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's definitely a worn out premise, but they do some really good things with it. Them at the alien marriage counselling place was amazing.
Jerry on his own can be good, but I just can't ever get into "Jerry and Beth are fighting again" because it always plays out exactly the same way. They pick at each other's insecurities for no reason, they fight some bugs or zombies or whatever, and they declare their undying love for each other. Repeat for the next episode.

Season 3 might finally do something about that, since Jerry and Beth will probably be on opposite sides of what to do about Rick. I just don't want the same lame, schmaltzy speech about how we're a family, dammit, and who says we can't love each other?!

e: I think my beef is that it feels like the show is pulling its punches. Like, Rick will just shoot down Morty's optimism, or the universe can get blown up, but they'll use Jerry/Beth to create this fake upbeat ending that will just be forgotten at the start of the next episode.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 04:11 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

kalensc posted:

He did a bunch of the wacky commercials that Stan and others watch on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB6MJf63-TI
That reminds me a lot of the old YOU WON A HOG!!!! ad that used to run here.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

counterfeitsaint posted:

Another question, why do shows film at 23.999, or 29.999 or in this case 59.999 frames instead of just adding that one extra frame? It seems almost universal.
Problems with TV broadcasts in ye olden days.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Hemingway To Go! posted:

has rick and morty ever referenced an anime
they reference many things, cartoons do that a lot, are any of them from japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNEKhxvEvlc

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rutibex posted:

If there are an infinite number of Ricks, it also follows that there are an infinite number of Councils of Ricks (an infinite portion of which wants to capture our Rick). Its a dangerous multiverse.

It's possible there aren't infinite Ricks. The Council mentions "all the Ricks in the Central Finite Curve," so maybe there's a limited number of universes where Rick actually turns out the way we expect. There's also his off-handed remark in the Cronenberg episode that "we only get three or four more of these, tops." So although there's a lot of Ricks, maybe they eventually just get unrecognizably weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
There's a photo of that Rick who eats his own poo poo in the garage. I guess Jerry really did mess around with the place.

• Locked thread