Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

livingfruitvirus posted:

Go to TVMediaInsights.com and look at their Adult Swim ratings section.

quote:

1 FAMILY GUY Wed 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.8 2804
2 FAMILY GUY Wed 11:00PM-11:30PM 30 1.8 2654
3 FAMILY GUY Sat 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.6 2563
4 FAMILY GUY Tue 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.6 2460
5 FAMILY GUY Tue 11:00PM-11:30PM 30 1.6 2414
6 FAMILY GUY Fri 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.4 2365
7 FAMILY GUY Fri 11:00PM-11:30PM 30 1.4 2300
8 FAMILY GUY Thu 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.6 2280
9 THE CLEVELAND SHOW Mon 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.4 2141
10 FAMILY GUY Sun 11:30PM-12:00AM 30 1.5 2121

27 RICK & MORTY Mon 10:30PM-11:00PM 30 1.0 1510

:(

edit - Good for Rick & Morty, bad for America. I didn't know anyone actually watched The Cleveland Show.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Nevermind not worth it here

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Hey man, if a show is gonna do a scene showing attempted rape, and on top of that the creator is on record saying the scene is meant to be serious, I don't think it's out of line to analyse that scene. It's a serious topic and the show itself is explicitly interested in discussing it.

It's more how weirdly obsessed the internet is with sexual assault when compared to everything else. Nobody is upset about the graphic murders in the show, but a jelly bean trying to get a boy to lick him is too much. Everyone has to fall over themselves proclaiming to strangers about how it affects them. It's worse than circumcision or well done steaks.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I know I'm going to be alone here, but my favorite part of this show so far is when his math teacher is watching the stupid TV show before they 'incept' him. 'You don't know me.' 'Nice Mrs. Pancakes, real nice.' Wheat thins? I'll take two.

It's the small things.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I may be in the minority here, but I'm really not into the parents "will she/won't she" Mom leaving the Dad for being boring schtick. I think the show would be stronger if it stayed with Rick & Morty more. I've watched all of the episodes multiple times and in every episode, on the re-watch specificlaly, I prefer to skip past the Mom/Dad/Summer stuff (other than the dog episode & the Dad's Appley) for the Rick & Morty storyline. I'd like a 90/10 split. It seems everyone is in love with the Meseeks but I found them irritating after the first watch of the episode.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

spikenigma posted:

Every episode has been awesome since I stumbled on a few episodes on YouTube.

The Marmaduke line in this episode floored me.

Knowing the latest episode had sex issues in it, why did I even bother reading this thread :confused:

I was surprised how subdued everyone was about it here, which I think is a testament to the quality of the show. I hope they continually push people until the Tumblrites fall off and go find some other show to be weird about.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

LeJackal posted:

Because people are dumb and refuse to think about anything past their first fleeting impressions gained through a haze of lazy thoughtlessness and generally insipid groupthink.

Goddamn you are insufferable.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Hahaha. Oh man. This thread is going to go places.

I just assume the jackal is either 14 or just started smoking pot (maybe both).

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Lay off Jackal. Xie has some sort of mental illness (it's a secret though) that causes xiem to post like that.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Well that was a boring half hour of Family Guy-esque monkey cheese randomness.

I think I'm the only one who is going to agree with you. I enjoyed the first few minutes, but kept waiting for them to put the remote down and go do something. I think a little sprinkling of these throughout lots of episodes would've been fine, but it was just too much all at once. Individually though, I enjoyed all of the little segments. It just seemed like they had 15 little ideas and jammed them all in in the laziest way possible, but I'm sure some autistic person will explain the higher meaning of these and why it's a brilliant commentary on something.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Not directly aimed at you, but a moratorium on the word literally for people under 40 would do wonders for this place. It's always used to be lovely.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Humor is subjective and we all enjoy different things. Some people didn't enjoy it and they said that in this thread and people are getting weird about it. I don't like non-stop random humor in a full episode TV show because it exhausts me after a few minutes, which is why I thought the little bits would've been better sprinkled throughout many episodes instead of jammed into one long episode. The parents teetering on the edge of divorce/making up and being in love every episode has gotten old already to me as well. These may not have been your experiences and that's ok, but they were mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Less irritating than supermetalgodzilla and the fish eyed boy he replaced even with his schtick.

• Locked thread