Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

OP says random input lag used to be a thing? Tell me about this, is it noticeable? And WHY was it a thing? I have had times where I could have sworn I was suffering lag - was that it or my imagination?

It isn't so much that Project M had input lag, but that vanilla brawl has input lag that then naturally transferred over to Project M. This was taken out for the 2.5 update. There is a post about it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Utgardaloki posted:

The edgegrabbing change is pretty dumb, because Brawl for whatever reason makes it basically impossible to turn in the air so it made sense to let people grab it however.
I'm not aware that it is harder to turn in the air in Brawl than it is in any of the other Smash Bros. games. It is admittedly a slightly strange choice of things to change from vanilla Brawl.

Utgardaloki posted:

Does anyone know if this might just be an issue using a GCN controller? I didn't have this issue back then and I use wiimote and nunchuk, but huge input delay is one of the reasons I hated Melee.
It affects all controller configurations but since it is a maximum of two frames extra you may have just not noticed it. Using a wiimote and nunchuck has more delay than a using a gamecube controller due to the four frame wireless delay.

Melee didn't have a huge input delay. Maybe you are confusing it with Melee's longer hitstun?

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

On the off chance that you aren't aware of it this thread has a bunch of great videos.

• Locked thread