Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Christian here checking in:

Most "Christian cinema" is not good, but I will defend Veggietales, at least the mid/late 90's stuff. The animation was much more crude back then, but it was actually funny and entertaining, now it's just parodies of other stuff and not very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Since we're on the topic of Mormon movies I think this is relevant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-iTNqo5y48

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at the minimum skip to around 3:33

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

Fag Boy Jim posted:

I stopped going to church a while back, but the last time I was there, my father was teaching Preterist theology in Sunday School. He is a cool dad, even if Preterism is kind of an unpopular, out-there view.

Preterism does appear to be growing, and I think it's due to the fact that the Dispensational Premillennialists have been trying to push this agenda of the "end coming soon" for so many years now, and it's not happening, and people are realizing it's nonsense (also as we move further away from the creation of the country of "Israel", it makes the theology they are trying to expound more and more difficult to make sense of).

• Locked thread