Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Yeah the worst part of the left Behind movies is how they always end right when I start to get half interested in the plot.

What are you talking about 90 minutes of five idiots in a plane talking about nothing was fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Dante Logos posted:

Ye gods, I failed this thread. So it turns out that Dark Dungeons came out last year and is available for digital download for half the price to post in SA.

There's no way this can be real. 1) It's more solidly made than Courageous. 2) The acting is only mildly bad. This has to be a parody of Christian films.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Phone posting so excuse the brevity. I think the reason the spiritual students see it as a Catholic film is because it so obviously deals with many of the contemporary issues the Catholic Church is facing. First and foremost is the obvious child abuse plot but as the other poster mentioned the institutional inertia, apathetic priests, are all problems more pronounced in the RCC rather than your mainstream protestants. IMO Catholicism also puts more of an emphasis on embracing the more difficult aspects of life as a matter of faith (e.g., "it's your cross to bear", etc...) than other denominations.

To a non religious student or someone not as clear on the differences between Catholic and protestant beliefs the film might just come off as a broader critique of religion.

I'm an atheist by the way.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

McSpanky posted:

Three movies in and the sexy leather-clad woman still doesn't get billing.

That's Andrea White, David White's wife, by the way.

• Locked thread