Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
come on, you can tell me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
girls poop

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you'll have to get past me to find out

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
It's actually a dude

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
all the things you learned as a child are lies

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

yeah, this is it.

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

killing people is fuckin cool

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
#yolo

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
you know that thing you wonder about, whether you should have done that instead of what you did? turns out you should have. oh well

Afro Doug
Aug 10, 2007

BEFORE THE LAW stands a doorkeeper on guard. To this doorkeeper there comes a man from the country and prays for admittance to the Law. But the doorkeeper says that he cannot grant admittance at the moment. The man thinks it over and then asks if he will be allowed in later. "It is possible," says the doorkeeper, "but not at the moment." Since the gate stands open, as usual, and the doorkeeper steps to one side, the man stoops to peer through the gateway into the interior. Observing that, the doorkeeper laughs and says: "If you are so drawn to it, just try to go in despite my veto. But take note: I am powerful. And I am only the least of the doorkeepers. From hall to hall there is one doorkeeper after another, each more powerful than the last. The third doorkeeper is already so terrible that even I cannot bear to look at him." These are difficulties the man from the country has not expected; the Law, he thinks, should surely be accessible at all times and to everyone, but as he now takes a closer look at the doorkeeper in his fur coat, with his big sharp nose and long, thin, black Tartar beard, he decides that it is better to wait until he gets permission to enter. The doorkeeper gives him a stool and lets him sit down at one side of the door. There he sits for days and years. He makes many attempts to be admitted, and wearies the doorkeeper by his importunity. The doorkeeper frequently has little interviews with him, asking him questions about his home and many other things, but the questions are put indifferently, as great lords put them, and always finish with the statement that he cannot be let in yet. The man, who has furnished himself with many things for his journey, sacrifices all he has, however valuable, to bribe the doorkeeper. The doorkeeper accepts everything, but always with the remark: "I am only taking it to keep you from thinking you have omitted anything." During these many years the man fixes his attention almost continuously on the doorkeeper. He forgets the other doorkeepers, and this first one seems to him the sole obstacle preventing access to the Law. He curses his bad luck, in his early years boldly and loudly; later, as he grows old, he only grumbles to himself. He becomes childish, and since in his yearlong contemplation of the doorkeeper he has come to know even the fleas in his fur collar, he begs the fleas as well to help him and to change the doorkeeper's mind. At length his eyesight begins to fail, and he does not know whether the world is really darker or whether his eyes are only deceiving him. Yet in his darkness, he is now aware of a radiance that streams inextinguishably from the gateway of the Law. Now he has not very long to live. Before he dies, all his experiences in these long years gather themselves in his head to one point, a question he has not yet asked the doorkeeper. He waves him nearer, since he can no longer raise his stiffening body. The doorkeeper has to bend low towards him, for the difference in height between them has altered much to the man's disadvantage. "What do you want to know now?" asks the doorkeeper; "you are insatiable." "Everyone strives to reach the Law," says the man, "so how does it happen that for all these many years no one but myself has ever begged for admittance?" The doorkeeper recognizes that the man has reached his end, and to let his failing senses catch the words, roars in his ear: "No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it."

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Afro Doug posted:

BEFORE THE LAW stands a doorkeeper on guard. To this doorkeeper there comes a man from the country and prays for admittance to the Law. But the doorkeeper says that he cannot grant admittance at the moment. The man thinks it over and then asks if he will be allowed in later. "It is possible," says the doorkeeper, "but not at the moment." Since the gate stands open, as usual, and the doorkeeper steps to one side, the man stoops to peer through the gateway into the interior. Observing that, the doorkeeper laughs and says: "If you are so drawn to it, just try to go in despite my veto. But take note: I am powerful. And I am only the least of the doorkeepers. From hall to hall there is one doorkeeper after another, each more powerful than the last. The third doorkeeper is already so terrible that even I cannot bear to look at him." These are difficulties the man from the country has not expected; the Law, he thinks, should surely be accessible at all times and to everyone, but as he now takes a closer look at the doorkeeper in his fur coat, with his big sharp nose and long, thin, black Tartar beard, he decides that it is better to wait until he gets permission to enter. The doorkeeper gives him a stool and lets him sit down at one side of the door. There he sits for days and years. He makes many attempts to be admitted, and wearies the doorkeeper by his importunity. The doorkeeper frequently has little interviews with him, asking him questions about his home and many other things, but the questions are put indifferently, as great lords put them, and always finish with the statement that he cannot be let in yet. The man, who has furnished himself with many things for his journey, sacrifices all he has, however valuable, to bribe the doorkeeper. The doorkeeper accepts everything, but always with the remark: "I am only taking it to keep you from thinking you have omitted anything." During these many years the man fixes his attention almost continuously on the doorkeeper. He forgets the other doorkeepers, and this first one seems to him the sole obstacle preventing access to the Law. He curses his bad luck, in his early years boldly and loudly; later, as he grows old, he only grumbles to himself. He becomes childish, and since in his yearlong contemplation of the doorkeeper he has come to know even the fleas in his fur collar, he begs the fleas as well to help him and to change the doorkeeper's mind. At length his eyesight begins to fail, and he does not know whether the world is really darker or whether his eyes are only deceiving him. Yet in his darkness, he is now aware of a radiance that streams inextinguishably from the gateway of the Law. Now he has not very long to live. Before he dies, all his experiences in these long years gather themselves in his head to one point, a question he has not yet asked the doorkeeper. He waves him nearer, since he can no longer raise his stiffening body. The doorkeeper has to bend low towards him, for the difference in height between them has altered much to the man's disadvantage. "What do you want to know now?" asks the doorkeeper; "you are insatiable." "Everyone strives to reach the Law," says the man, "so how does it happen that for all these many years no one but myself has ever begged for admittance?" The doorkeeper recognizes that the man has reached his end, and to let his failing senses catch the words, roars in his ear: "No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it."

holy poo poo this was good everyone should read this every letter. LOL

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

the water you drink contains an incredibly small fraction of the piss of every creature that has ever lived

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i read it and its sort of depressing thanks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

the water you drink contains an incredibly small fraction of the piss of every creature that has ever lived

thats hot

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the lesson i gathered is to never want anything so you'll never be dissapointed

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

unironically this

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

homeopathy, ladies and gentlemen

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

that jesus is lord and saviour, OP

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

isn't that buddhism

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.
Two things:
1. Don't let them know everything you know.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
shape-shifting reptilians don't actually run things :yum:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Power is the currency of the world.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

soylent brown is poop

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Torka posted:

isn't that buddhism

oops i accidentally reinvented a major world religion

sorry

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax
love is the truth

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
The lesson I learned is that the old world order was better than the new world order.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dicks and Pussies come from the same flesh.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Watch every episode of King of the Hill. It will teach you everything.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
Assassins Creed is real and the video game developers at Ubisoft are trying to get us to wake the gently caress up.

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i read it and its sort of depressing thanks

It's very Kafka-esque, in a way.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Sheesh, this one is so easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc9Ch4G7J60

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The big secret is: none of this is real.

You have to wake up. Now, before it's too late.

Wake up.

WAKE UP!

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

One night in long bygone times, a man awoke and saw himself.

He saw that he was naked under the cosmos, homeless in his own body. All things dissolved before his testing thought, wonder above wonder, horror above horror unfolded in his mind.

Then woman too awoke and said it was time to go and slay. And he fetched his bow and arrow, a fruit of the marriage of spirit and hand, and went outside beneath the stars. But as the beasts arrived at their waterholes where he expected them of habit, he felt no more the tiger's bound in his blood, but a great psalm about the brotherhood of suffering between everything alive.

That day he did not return with prey, and when they found him by the next moon, he was sitting dead by the waterhole.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Asn women have their vaginas installed sideways.

punipuni
Mar 10, 2014
There is an underground society of mole/gopher people just waiting for their chance to strike and kill us all.

Chromis
Feb 4, 2004

Logic is wreath of pretty flowers that smell bad.
Matter is energy. In the universe there are many energy fields which we cannot normally perceive. Some energies have a spiritual source which act upon a person's soul. However, this "soul" does not exist ab initio as orthodox Christianity teaches; it has to be brought into existence by a process of guided self-observation. However, this is rarely achieved owing to man's unique ability to be distracted from spiritual matters by everyday trivia.

Also, people aren't wearing enough hats.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

:fap:

... you know... for people that are into that sort of thing :tinfoil:

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

The powerful will always care more for the present than the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
there are a lot, maybe the website wikileaks could help you learn more

• Locked thread