Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Man, that thing looks great. I think i'll pick one up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
That camry driver was upset because the guy passed him on the right. gently caress these people forever and ever.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
This is a really stupid argument but Krakkles is a loving terrible poster and should be on your ignore list already

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Monoprice has 10 and 15 footers available for under 3 bucks.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Yeah the guy who filmed it posts on NASIOC OT section, been pretty amusing to see the video blow up.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ijustam posted:

A lot of those YouTube comments are random troll accounts when that video made the front page of reddit so I'd take them even less seriously than you would otherwise.

The worst part is the hundreds of people who upvote the comments, not the comments themselves. Either they're done by other trolls or people who agree with the terrible racism and are unaware that it's trolling.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It looked like there was no contact, just a lovely driver overreacting to someone coming into their lane.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

The Milan contacted the guardrail, completely the fault of the truck driver barging in directly from the side and forcing the Milan driver to choose whether to hit the truck or the rail. Maybe slamming on the brakes and/or sounding the horn faster could have avoided that but you can't fault the Milan.

It is their fault them because they lost control of their own car. I'm not justifying the truck driver's mistake or their inability to stop afterwords but there's no excuse to swerve so hard you hit a guardrail.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Scruff McGruff posted:

There's also the new K1S front and rear camera system, which the guy at Techmoan seems to love. I think that's about $200

This looks really nice, I'm pretty sure this is what I'll be getting for my wife's car

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

Got the 806 installed and immediately after picking up a couple of SD cards a guy in a pickup threw a flashlight at me for turning near him. Hadn't turned the mic on yet, so there isn't audio of him trying to go fast and block me before the merge ahead. I rolled down my window to see what he was yelling about and he threw a flashlight that landed in my other seat. It's a pretty decent head mounted one, so I guess he was rewarding me trying to help him with traffic laws. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slWpjM8Ulko

Oh and one of the microsd slots doesn't have a functioning spring, so that card is gonna be in there for a while. It reads fine, just doesn't come out without a very small screwdriver.

Huh, the GPS quit at the stoplight. That's odd. It came back on later, I was using it to check if my speedo was off on the highway.

Why didn't you stop at the loving red light? Not that he was right to throw anything at you but that wasn't a stop in any sense of the word.

I'm about to lose my goddamned mind at all the people I see on a daily basis rolling through stop signs and red lights.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

Too bad we don't live in the world of Demolition Man where everyone gets a ticket the second they break any traffic law at all. I'm sure everyone would be much happier.

So that's what it takes to get you to not roll through red lights?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Jealousy, pure and simple.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Locator posted:

Nine thousand of those English pound things in damage. Holy crap, that's serious Felony level criminal damage here. Guy loving deserves to go to jail for that poo poo though, glad they arrested his stupid rear end.

Loved how he did it while pushing a baby stroller! Father of the year!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Worth it to get the wide angle on the mobius?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Got a mobius wide angle for christmas, what's a good brand on amazon for one of the wire installation kits?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
It still doesn't make sense that you're expected to go to small claims court. Did your insurance company tell you that or the other guy's?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I was really hoping that merc driver ended up crashing into someone. 100% on the merc

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Takes No Damage posted:

Not mine, but some local action for Dallas goons. Starts off slow but the payoff is... impressive:
Note, the video annotations claim this is a fatality accident, no visible gore but just FYI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QA4eNvGGI

Buzzed Driving = Drunk Driving :tinsley:

Was that a cop on the right shoulder that jumped over to the left side before the truck hit the car?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Ugh, why did i read the comments on that link

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
like a boss

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Raising insurance rates for all of us, thank you and godspeed Great Insight Driver

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
perfect use of the metal gear solid sound but you should have gone with ENHANCE ENHANCE ENHANCE for the zoom in

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/1201uun/porsche_macan_tries_to_cut_into_slowing_traffic/

OP posts a video of this accident he's in but several people notice:

he cuts the audio levels to cover up his engine noise when he accelerates into the person cutting him off

and he cropped the video so it doesn't show his speed, even though in prior videos he didnt crop the speed out

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mobby_6kl posted:

I occasionally check that sub and there's a surprising amount of people that will post incriminating videos of themselves being idiots just in the hopes that some strangers will approve their dangerous behavior because they were "technically correct" or sometimes not even that.

one of the many weird ways people try to clout chase in the modern world

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dashcam talk has a list of current recs:

https://dashcamtalk.com/

that adapter should work if you have a homelink mirror

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i just pull the card if i need to but i honestly never need to do that

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Page is blocked in the UK and I assume the rest of Europe. Direct link to the video on YouTube here.

crazy how many comments are people saying the roads shouldnt be closed for a parade :wtf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gopro is not a good dash cam