Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

comes along bort posted:

i saw this steve vai thing vh1 classic played years back and i guess it was the part of the show where he farts around with the whammy bar. anyway he goes on this rant about britney spears for some reason even though it was definitely in the mid-2000s, so past when she was in the public spotlight or anyone normal gave a poo poo about her.

then he ends by undermining his autist spiel by saying she's okay all music is good, but adds that he bets "she can't do this" then makes one last triumphant fart noise with his whammy bar because he a man in his late forties totally showed that chick half his age what's what because she didn't spend her teenage years studiously learning the subtle mechanics of the floyd rose double-locking floating tremolo system

lmao. cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

Dr. Faustus posted:

I'll put it in terms you understand.

You and your bitter buddies leave me out of your stupid GBS threads, just don't mention me or reference me with pics or quotations.

I'll go lurk my usual places and I won't be back.

Let's make a deal. I don't want to see you any more than you want to see me.

dude

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
I'm pretty sure other instruments don't have the sheer amount of awful slavish spergs that guitars do. Pianists will have like 3 pianos in their lifetime if they're lucky. Flutists will have a handful. Guitar threads are never about music but instead always about new gear. Just a few observations, op.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

The Monkey Man posted:

Synthesizers definitely have slavish spergs, too.

I forgot about those guys. Spend the money on music lessons instead imo.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Hey guys if I spent £1000 on this bit of kit will it make me sound better

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

ashgromnies posted:

I met a trombonist on the street in the New Orleans and he had like twenty trombones

That's why I said the sheer number. There will always be spergs in every facet of life, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
the green guitar with the handle is actually p nice imo. i liek the flower thing on the fretboard.

• Locked thread