Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

so ugg

Dr. Faustus posted:

I am a big gay baby and I smell bad.
only ugly guitar players itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
check out these bad boys

lol i wonder what sperg lord these belong to

edit: why even have multiples of the same guitar? poo poo's guitarded.

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 28, 2013

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Ugg Snipe

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
how long till the good doctor goes full puppet master on us?

Content:

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Dolphin posted:

And any derivation of that ugly piece of poo poo.

The SG-3 is seriously the worst looking guitar. Three humbuckers, why? Why!?

Dr. Faustus, you're the obvious expert here. Could you please explain, preferably in the form or a novella length aspergers induced rant, the benefits having three humbuckers will have on my quest to achieve the "Perfect Tone™"?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
Ain't that the truth.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
I missed the black on black discussion but, I just got a free 80's knockoff MIJ Stratocaster that I submit for judgement.

It says Profile Black Magic under all that scuz.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Paint 666 on it in red paint.

I'm considering painting on an inverse pentagram with some bullshit "runes" in the area below the tone knob if I can find paint that matches the wikkid orange-red stripe. It's already the Black Magic so I figure it can become Satan Guitar. It may be ugly, albeit in a somewhat charming way, but it's a solid guitar and I'm pretty stoked to have it.

Edit: Too bad coated stings are awful, or I would get black strings for maximum blackness.

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 13, 2014

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

I need these in my life.

Electric Violin Chatte:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRfYgABSltM

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Some rear end in a top hat once picked up my Artcore by the F-hole because he thought it was a handle :psyduck:.

As an Artcore owner, this made me cringe.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
I have an Ibanez hollow body with a bigsby with .13 strings tuned A# F a# D D d.

It's me, I'm the worst.

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Apr 12, 2014

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

BUSH 2112 posted:

I just want to hear the kind of music you make with this crazy contraption.

Here's me playing some riffs interspersed with feedback wankery:

https://soundcloud.com/jedricksa/blah

:siren:ugly guitar warning:siren::nms:

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
Check out this stupid garbage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cK3NjFmxko

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

#notallibanez

If you ever get one of these things, take of the floating pick guard, buzzes like a mother fucker.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
What do you all think of the ebow? I have one and I loving love it, but it does lend its self to some pretty awful, wanky poo poo.

For example, this is probably the most boring use of an otherwise wonderful guitaring device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILoAK5uGrmc
(demo starts at 5:30)
I'm glad my ebow was an impulse buy, because if I saw this poo poo before hand, I would of burst out laughing whenever I saw one. Soo much string jiggling.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

unlawfulsoup posted:

I kind of want an ebow, but there is no way I am paying retail for one.

I lucked out and got one that had been sitting in a pawn shop forever. They didn't really know what it was and seemed happy to get rid of it for cheap.

Edit: Holy poo poo, I realized that I got a deal, but I never would of payed $100+ for a new one.

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 14, 2014

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
What do you all think of the surf green strat with brown metal pickguard?

I played one today and I'm in love, but I feel like I may be in the minority here. I feel like I should hate it, but i just can't.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Dirt posted:

Decent enough guitarist, if you are into that kind of "blues".

So he's awful then, got it, thanks.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

auzdark posted:

Come across this in the AUG thread - I think we have already seen the guitar on the right, but I'm totally digging the gold hardware on the left (unbranded) guitar.

I know we all know this by now, but man, this guy is the worst. gently caress.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
80's synth chat:

I have one of these and it's the most gloriously 80's thing ever.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Pondex posted:

Is that a proper Tone T-shirt?

what do you think the T stands for?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
That would be really cool if they toned it down a bit. Pick guard is ugly as gently caress though.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
bigsby good
floyd rose bad

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

ThePutty posted:

is that mastery tele bridge any good, i've heard it's not really worth getting because the original is perfectly fine

Never tried one myself, but they seem like a good(read: bad) way to waste $180. I could be biased though, I'm not a fan of teles (to play that is, they look amazing).

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Discounting people putting Kaos pads and poo poo in their guitars, and Gibson's really misguided robotically self tuning guitars, has there been any considerable innovations in guitar technology since the active pickup or guitar synth (assuming same era of mid 80s)?

Tone grips.

E:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

Smoke weed every day.
I maintain the opinion that the triple humbucker SG is one of the ugliest guitars ever.

Not even going to post an image.

• Locked thread