Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol whenever I see people practicing on these. You have to saddle the V cut in your leg to play it sitting down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fax Sr posted:

fight me

(actually i really hate the headstock on those but the rest is fine)

at least you're not a headstock snob. I lol every time someone brings in a squire to the music shop I work at to get their squire label sanded off and replaced with a fender sticker.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
realtalk teles are really versatile and good sounding guitars, great to learn to play electric with and good enough to keep

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frankenstyle posted:

I kept mine maybe two weeks. It's a solid guitar and I get their appeal, but they have this kind of toy piano-ness to their sound that you just can't quite get rid of. It works okay for certain songs/genres, but it keeps the guitar from being universal enough for everyday use.

I feel you on that but I'm kinda biased because a tele fits what I like to play. I also run a big muff through some effects pedals to an Orange so my sound is basically soda.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looking at that made me go cross eyed

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That can't be real

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus Christ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skipopatomus posted:

a light switch as the pickup selector and dimmer knobs

How feasible would it be to replace the selector with a dimmer light switch

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of us is going to end up owning that bad boy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Actuary X posted:

I do 90% of my playing through a (modded) 5 watt Fender Champion 600.

Would

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

White Dog Eggs posted:

Apologies for the lovely picture, Here it is with the pots installed with the the control knobs kindly supplied by Oscar Romeo Romeo;

See how they are all really badly spaced? I bored the holes drunk using a taper ream at 2am on Saturday morning, that was probably a bad idea.

Pots aren't actually wired up yet, I've got no idea what they are even going to do yet. Fun fact about the pots; They came from a 70's Les Paul copy so they are at least 10 years older than I am. THE TONE!

Hopefully going to get to do the headstock and body tomorrow, should have a bit of spare time between stuff.

So fuckin sexy

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Since a dude toxx'd himself to buy it declare it an avente garde master piece and charge a thousand dollars for it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iostream.h posted:

That dude was me, and the toxx was that if we can work out my purchasing it (and we're in negotiation) that I will gig it, have it filmed and post the video here for the enjoyment of all.

Bear in mind that most of my gigs are in the southern states, primarily Alabama and you fuckers are going to get me murdered.

goonspeed you insane person

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't like PRS but it's not like I'm going to snob you if you play one. Like if you enjoy your instrument and you're not on a goddamn steampunk bong guitar it's whatever. I've actually played on a PRS and didn't like it so much, I think it's one of those dumb personal guitar things. I don't think they're bad guitars I just personally am not a fan, I guess

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fax Sender posted:

is the epiphone valve jr good

This was my very first amp and it still works after nearly a decade. I now use it to play my electric mandolin on. It doesn't have any presets other than volume. I've seen a lot if videos of people modding theirs and they say it's an easy process.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There's like some head demon I have to kill to make this go away right

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

just don't even know where to begin :lol:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
An actual poo poo waterfall

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

strangemusic posted:

From the Awkward, Ugly and Gross thread:

Son of a bitch

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

Ahahaha you forgot the promotional video of the metal dude playing it

:frogon:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a floating bridge on my grestch and I think I put it on backwards today

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you scrub off that baller Yamaha logo for GBS I'm going to have a mental break

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would put something cool as my fretboard inlay. Like Odysseus. So fuckin rad

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That Egyptian guitar better come with a sarcophagus as a case.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

White Dog Eggs posted:

Still needs a bit of cleaning up around the edges, but...

Picture doesn't show it, but this stuff sparkles like crazy, I think the proper name is chameleon finish? It's a bit like a foil sticker I guess.

Jeezus

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goddamn

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:drat:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irradiation posted:

I don't think I've ever paid more than 40 cents for a pick.

Most of mine are stolen

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shiksa posted:

i think hes 24 in the video, or the video is 24 years old

any way you look at it theres no such thing as too young to play boring poo poo electric blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yojhUL2TiIs

i feel bad for kids like this, their dad hands em a book of scales and tells them to just disregard rhythm whenever possible and at a young age they're touring around awful festivals instead of blowing things up over summer break.

"virtuoso"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unlawfulsoup posted:

It doesn't have a whack-off bar.

We are terrible.

While we're on the subject, don't you guys think the goontar will be hard to keep in troon?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigHustle posted:

This guy built an ugly rear end guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9kGnvpT5YQ

Cover a muse song with this and drown in college p hth

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dewgy posted:

:stare:

take all of my money

e: seriously i want that pink one so much

That first one is sexual

"Tonal characteristics"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm the mother fuckin confederate flag

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bisticles posted:

I'm gonna share this here because I think it falls under the category of horrible music stuff. Apparently one of our local celebrities is in need of a new music video

I wonder what was wrong with his old one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD1tz9l0RhE

That dude is cool af

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iostream.h posted:

Y'know, while I try not to brag about it (because really, they're just bits of wood and wire) I'm PROUD of and really love the guitars I have.

Some come and go, but the core ones are just mine, and I don't generally get really excited about a new one anymore.

That said, other than my recent Suhr order, I haven't been this excited about a new guitar in YEARS.

What have you named them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartoon posted:

Interesting that this came up. At the risk of going all Scott Groves on you all I've done some testing of bridge weight and have the audio files to do a blind trial in this very thread. We up for it?

Goons buying tone capos itt

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair (tbf?) I think your hideous guitars are extremely on topic.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Faustus posted:

To be entirely fair: they're not hideous, they're not on topic; because they're from a time when Super-strats were being redesigned by people who knew what Super-strats needed to be to be awesome. You may not like the late-80s/early 90s colors, but that's ok. You can get guitars with the same specs made with traditional finishes and non neon-glow colors. I doubt you understand where they came from when they showed up in music stores, back before MARS music was the Wal-Mart of instruments and SAM ASH and MUSICIAN'S FRIEND/GUITAR CENTER came in and bought them all out, and all the local music stores died.

Hindsight, you probably don't understand what it did to the USA.

Those guitars are not ugly. They're hugely popular and I like watching you people pronounce how awful they are, but if you played them you'd probably love them.

Just my $0.02.oo.

whoa bro I was trying to be chill with you but if you want to continue chocking down jizz from Steve vai's tone handled cock go right ahead

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Faustus posted:

My two closest friends have 550s. They're great guitars, all of them. I don't have one.

Person asked question, we answered.

What's your loving problem?

E: Calling my guitars hideous does not count as "trying to be chill with you," cuntface.

P.S. - We aren't "bros."

Lmao jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

umalt posted:

It'd be chill if he was all like, "hey you don't like my taste in guitars I don't like that, but I can accept that fact and enjoy my guitars without you." Rather than screaming at the world about how everybody is a terrible person for not liking Ibanez's and junk.

yeah that's what I was Try'na be like with the dude but w/e

I mean I'm the kinda guy who only likes to play on tube amps and analogue pedals and poo poo. drat

• Locked thread