Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Oh good, I came here to bitch about Arvo. Why in the gently caress did everyone but Kenny trust him, and the decisions tried to push you into trying to feel bad for him?

Yeah, we robbed his medicine not because Bonnie wanted to get high, but because we had a woman who's about to have a kid, like, TODAY and all we have is a jacket and some water. That's kinda more important than his unseen-at-the-time sister.

And then he pulls a crew of armed Russians out of his rear end who tried to kill us, and we all just up and believe him on the house deal? I know that turned out to be true (mostly), but come on. Everybody but Kenny went way too easy on that little poo poo.

And now he's practically confirmed to return in S3 because he didn't die. I hope he has a glorious death.

And while I'm here, I'm really thinking the next season will have different protagonists per episode, kind of like 400 days but expanded out into an entire episode per character. That's at least what I'd like to see, I like the one-shot format.

gay skull fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Realtalk I was ready to walk out with Kenny literally the moment he appeared cause that group was powerfully retarded. They keep going "oooooh we're being hunted by some crazy guy!! you have to save us literal child!!" While the entire time my reaction was a solid:

This is a solid, perfect representation of how I felt. I'm a 9 year old girl and I'm supposed to help a group of strangers (and one old friend) escape or kill some psycho running another well-organized survivor camp? Like just charge in and kick his rear end, as if we're in a video game? I mean I guess we are in a video game but that's aside the point.

Also, gently caress the Kenny haters. If there's one person in the whole, wide, entire world he would do anything for by the end of the game, it's Clem. Why wouldn't I stick by him? Even if he did end up becoming another tyrant like Carver on down the road, you can bet your asses he'd have a firing crew ready if anyone so much as slights Clem in the least. I loving loved Kenny by the end of the game and gladly let him execute Jane for her dumb decisions. I get that Jane's a true survivalist and has some good ideas about not trusting anyone, but Clem & Kenny have been through so much together that they've bonded almost as much as Clem & Lee. Sticking a newborn baby in a car in the freezing cold to prove a point about what she thinks about Kenny is even more unstable than anything Kenny's done - he's lost a lot of people he loves and befriended in the past couple of years, and it's no wonder he's ready to put Jane down. Meanwhile, we still don't know much about Jane other than her loss of her sister, and how she didn't seem too disturbed that a guy she hosed just drowned the day before. Holy poo poo, she'd probably stab Clem in the back for a can of food.

So I got the ending where I saved Kenny, and stayed at Wellington.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

laplace posted:

I don't need a demonstratably unstable (even in season 1) person telling me he's doing things in my interest whilst struggling with very bad PTSD and a potentially mind-bending infection in his eyeball.

I like Kenny a lot and I think he is well written but pretending he wasn't losing it is missing the point.

I really think if push came to shove, he'd easily gouge out someone else's eyeballs bare handed for Clementine. The latter part of the game was really written around Clem telling him "no" and being the peacekeeper, but I was on the "gently caress Argo" bandwagon from the moment we met him, and I was right on board with Kenny wanting to off him. But there were a couple of dialogue choices where I had to just stay quiet because everything else Clem could have said would have in one way or another, tried to side with Argo or be neutral, and Kenny was just written to have that rift between he and Clem. As if the writers couldn't possibly imagine people thinking Argo wasn't absolutely loveable, or something. At the end of the day, though, he did trust Clem with Alvin Jr., so I seriously doubt he'd go nuts and try to backstab Clem over Alvin because he's going bonkers. If Kenny wanted to hurt Clem, he'd have done it after the Jane fight. He was certainly fired up enough to, and he's impulsive as poo poo.

Imagine what he'd do if someone else tried to kill Clementine? Or if Arvo didn't get away after shooting Clem? He'd be wearing their teeth as a necklace.

• Locked thread