Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

-New, official, objectively best, canon ending for Season Two: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiaWzLZbleo

-:siren: Season Two, Epsiode 5: "No Going Back" is out now :siren:

-Walking Dead Season 3 has been confirmed

Season Two Release Schedule
-Episode 1: December 17, 2013 (PC)
-Episode 2: March 4, 2014 (PC, PS3) March 5th (Xbox360 worldwide), March 6th (IOS), March 12 (PS3 EU)
-Episode 3: May 13th, 2014 (PC, Mac, PS3 North America), May 14th (Xbox360, PSEU), May 15th (IOS)
-Episode 4: July 22nd, 2014 (PC and Mac), July 23rd (Xbox 360) [/b]
-Episode 5: August 26th, 2014

Old thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480887

:siren: Season One Spoilers - Season One has been out for about a year now, and untagged spoilers for those episodes may be posted here, so if you haven't played that yet, tread carefully :siren:

What is it?
Telltale Games' The Walking Dead, not to be confused with the awful licensed shooter The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, is an episodic adventure game available as a digital download for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and IOS. It is set in the Walking Dead universe and has a heavy focus on characters, dialogue choices and story. There are timed dialogue options which are a big component of the game, action sequences that often involve QTEs (Quick Time Events), and some very light puzzles to solve.

Season One has received a lot of well deserved praise and many GOTY awards for the emotional storyline and solid writing. It's leaps ahead of most for writing and characters in a video game, and it was easily my favorite of 2012. The voice acting is top notch, which is good because there is a lot of it. Looking at the credits list will show a separate actor for nearly every character, and it makes a huge difference.

The Seasons
  • Season 1

Season 1 consisted of five episodes which were released April-November of 2012.

You play as Lee, a recently convicted man who is being transported to prison when all hell breaks loose. In the chaos he comes across Clementine, a little girl who has been left at home while her parents were away on a trip. Lee takes her under his care, and the season focuses on him trying to navigate the difficult group dynamics they encounter and keep them both alive.

• Season 1 DLC - 400 Days

This is available as an addon to Season 1. It takes place in the 400 days following the initial outbreak, and is presented as a series of short stories following five new characters, some of whom have small roles in Season 2. The episode is about 1-1.5 hours long and is a sort-of bridge between Season 1 and 2.

• Season 2

Season 2 continues not long after the end of Season 1, and you now play as Clementine, who has joined up with Omid and Christa from the end of the first season.

Season 2 is also five episodes, which were released from December, 2013 - August, 2014.

FAQ
  • But I don't like QTEs.
    I don't much either, but these aren't bad. They're used in a way that makes sense and they don't detract from the game. The conventions of the mechanic are also played with pretty effectively in some key emotional sequences. I find myself getting completely caught up in them and mashing the hell out of my keyboard/controller.

• Do I need to know anything about the Walking Dead universe to get into this?
    Absolutely not. There are a couple characters from the comics and TV series that show up briefly in Season 1, but this game has its own storyline, and there is intentionally not much crossover.

• Should I play Season One before starting Season Two?
    Absolutely. Season One is fantastic and your choices will carry over (they'll be randomly generated if you don't have a save file). The story picks up not long after where the first season left off. You'll be missing out on a lot of character development and references if you jump off right at Season 2.

• What about 400 Days?
    It's short but worth playing if you've played through the first season, and a few characters show up briefly in season two. Due to the small scale and length, it doesn't have the emotional weight of the full episodes, but is still well done and I'd recommend it. Plus it's cheap and will inevitably go on sale on Steam for even cheaper.

• If I pick decision "X" instead of "Y", how different will my game be?
    -The short answer: not much. The story itself is basically set.

-The long answer: things will be different but not in the way you might expect. Your game choices are focused on characters and nuanced relationships rather than plot points. You will hear different dialogue, people will interact with you differently, and in some major cases different characters will live or die based on your choices, but the story is the same, so don't expect to be able to pick options that have you veering off into a completely different direction from everyone else. "gently caress everyone in this game, I'm stealing all their stuff and going out on my own" is a choice that is just not going to happen. The biggest impact your decisions make is on the characters' relationships. Season 1 had a major character with whom players underwent a completely different, polarizing experience, all just based on their choices throughout the game and the way the person acted to you based on those choices. About half of the people loved the character and the rest ended up hating them, and this built up throughout the season, culminating in the person either sticking with you at the finale or leaving you to go off without them. The choices in Season 2 feel less impactful, but there are still some major decisions to make, especially in the very last episode. Also keep in mind this game is not designed to have "good" and "bad" choices. Choose what you feel best represents your ideas for the character you're playing, and not based on whether they'll be "good" or "evil".

• Carrying over saves to Season Two
    Season 2 will search your computer for Season 1 and 400 Days saves when you start the game. The Steam version uses Steam Cloud, so if you didn't keep your saves, try reinstalling Season One and then letting it sync up from there.

:pcgaming: Technical Issues/General Tips :pcgaming:

Most of these apply to Season 1 on Steam, Telltale seems to have fixed the major problems with their engine for Season 2 and I haven't heard much about technical issues.

-My game won't start or crashes on launch

-I get a terrible framerate and I have an AMD graphics card
Turn off shadows in the game options.

-Hit Spacebar to pause in Season Two! This is great if you're indecisive like me and want to agonize over the dialogue choices. I couldn't find an option on my 360 controller to do this, so I'm not sure if there is one for consoles.

-Don't try to game every decision. This is contradictory to the one right above, but unlike how a lot of other games have conditioned us to believe, there are no "wrong choices" in this one, and I've found the most satisfying way to play is to make the best possible decision you can in the moment and live with the consequences.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

This game is pretty fun and I recommend purchasing it.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Since we're on page 1, I guess I'll say that this is the only video game I've ever played where the focus on the narrative is warranted because it's actually good. Season 1 and 400 days are on sale constantly, in fact, they are on sale right now! This is the "interactive movie" done right and for $12-14 it's a steal.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I went into this series completely blind, with no prior knowledge of The Walking Dead in general (other than some bits that people spoiled for me :argh:) and Season 1 ended up being one of the best stories in any game I've ever played. I hope Season 2 lives up to it, Episode 1 hasn't disappointed me.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Does anyone feel like they're got a different direction going for the 'major' choices?

Season 1, it was mostly grey vs grey with no 'wrong' decisions, but I feel the choices in Season 2 are more along the lines of... a "good" decision, versus practicality or catharsis.

Telltale says they hate it when a choice is too one sided, but how else were they expecting the choices of whether or not to sneak away from Christa, or whether or not to put Sam out of his misery to go?

Anybody could have seen what happened a mile away, the vast majority of people helped Christa, and put down Sam.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Penakoto posted:

Does anyone feel like they're got a different direction going for the 'major' choices?

Season 1, it was mostly grey vs grey with no 'wrong' decisions, but I feel the choices in Season 2 are more along the lines of... a "good" decision, versus practicality or catharsis.

Telltale says they hate it when a choice is too one sided, but how else were they expecting the choices of whether or not to sneak away from Christa, or whether or not to put Sam out of his misery to go? Anybody could have seen what has happened a mile away, vast majority of people helped Christa and put down Sam.

There were plenty of meaningless throwaway decisions that pretty much did nothing in S1 too. Specifically referring to the dog here. It's not like finishing him or not is ever going to have an effect on anything at all.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

THE PWNER posted:

There were plenty of meaningless throwaway decisions that pretty much did nothing in S1 too. Specifically referring to the dog here. It's not like finishing him or not is ever going to have an effect on anything at all.

We'll see if you still feel that way when Episode 2 thrusts Clem into a confrontation with Anubis, Lord of the Underworld.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

We'll see if you still feel that way when Episode 2 thrusts Clem into a confrontation with Anubis, Lord of the Underworld.

Would Anubis prefer I killed it or not? I've got to make sure my playthrough is ready for this possibility.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

THE PWNER posted:

Would Anubis prefer I killed it or not? I've got to make sure my playthrough is ready for this possibility.

It doesn't matter because he was car pooling with the Marsh House Stranger and is pissed at you regardless.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Penakoto posted:

I think it's early to tell yet, but the choices in the first episode of season 2 do seemed to split down the middle WAY less. According to the stats, all but two choices were at a 90/10 split or higher, which is pretty lopsided:
(Season 2 Episode 1 ending stats spoiler:

Either it's due to it being the first episode and them setting things up and finding their ground, or maybe the new writers are changing it up some. I hope not, I loved how tough the season 1 decisions were. In this one, the only decision I had to think about much was the last one, which was the biggest split according to the stats.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
It could just be the "choices" they decided to show. They could put whatever they wanted and/or added more binary choices with little to no effect just to pad the screen.

Choice board spoiler: Of course people are going to help Crista only because she is immediately recognizable and familiar to 99% of the people playing, that's the only one I found 'odd' that they decided to track.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I think it's early to tell yet, but the choices in the first episode of season 2 do seemed to split down the middle WAY less. According to the stats, all but two choices were at a 90/10 split or higher, which is pretty lopsided:
(Season 2 Episode 1 ending stats spoiler:

Either it's due to it being the first episode and them setting things up and finding their ground, or maybe the new writers are changing it up some. I hope not, I loved how tough the season 1 decisions were. In this one, the only decision I had to think about much was the last one, which was the biggest split according to the stats.

I'm surprised about everyone accepting Nick's apology, I blew him off without even thinking about it. He almost loving kills you. Why was he pointing a loving gun at Clem in the first place?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Sometimes I feel like they have problems making choices that will always be down the middle and that seems to be the case here. The choices of the first episode in season 1 weren't all too grounded in the middle as I recall. The choice between Carley or Doug especially, as the majority choice by far was Carley because she was better showcased in that episode. A fault Telltale admitted to making and seems to have made in this episode as well.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Oh come on, what about the dog choice? It wasn't like anyone but a sick gently caress would leave an animal in pain, even though you weren't about to join the dog on an adventure I added that part so someone reads this and has their day ruined midway through S2E1. I mean, sure he attacks Clem after you try to feed him but he's just a starving dog and really doesn't know any better so you might as well do the merciful thing.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Oh come on, what about the dog choice? It wasn't like anyone but a sick gently caress would leave an animal in pain, even though you weren't about to join the dog on an adventure I added that part so someone reads this and has their day ruined midway through S2E1. I mean, sure he attacks Clem after you try to feed him but he's just a starving dog and really doesn't know any better so you might as well do the merciful thing.

No one fucks with me. Dog suffers. rear end in a top hat doesn't get water. Rebecca gets blackmailed. Alvin gets blackmailed and then I blurt out to everyone that I had help when they discover me in the shed post dead-walker. I also stole the watch.

I like to play my games as a sociopath, it mirrors me irl.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I decided to kill the dog because I wanted Clementine to eat it. The mercy/suffering angle never even occurred to me. It's a dying dog. There are a whole bunch of way more imporant things for a kid alone starving in the zombie/bandit filled woods to worry about.

I think it's interesting how many people have said they're playing Clementine as more aggressive than Lee because she's in a weaker situation. I've been terrified for her the whole time- the world is not sympathetic to Clementine at all, and there are a ton of people whose goodwill she pretty much needs to survive. So I loving played nice. It was a really stressful and scary situation. I can't really imagine who'd see something like that and thought, "gently caress that, Imma tell these fucks off," unless they've become totally divorced from Clem's actual precarious situation, or else they felt safe with the meta-knowledge that Telltale won't let you get punished too hard.

Someone in the last thread said it really well when they pointed out that blackmailing the pregnant woman turns someone who's hostile to you into someone who needs to see you dead. Her vague hostility isn't the end of the world in an otherwise reasonable group. Her very specific threatened hostility if you blackmail her could actually end you!

On a completely different note, I didn't play 400 days. I already started this season so I don't think I will... could anyone give a thorough spoiler-filled summary to catch me up to speed?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Eiba posted:

On a completely different note, I didn't play 400 days. I already started this season so I don't think I will... could anyone give a thorough spoiler-filled summary to catch me up to speed?

I'll try

Nick is a guy in a prison bus being transported between prisons or something when the outbreak begins. In order to escape he has to shoot the chains off the foot of one of his friends, you make the choice.

Shel is a woman living with her early teenage sister with a group that includes some of the people from the cancer support group in season 1, at the gas station that Omid dies at. Someone stole from them a week ago, and now a mexican guy who speaks no english tried to steal from them again. You vote to kill him or not to kill him. If you don't kill him, he gets his group and attacks the gas station which results in the death of the guy from the cancer support group. Either way, later on, Shel's friend tries to ditch the group and take some supplies with her, and the leader of the group, Roman, demands that Shel executes her friend for trying to 'escape'. Shel either does it or takes off in the RV with her sister.

Bonnie is a woman who's travelling with a husband and wife. The husband (Leland) seems way more into her than he should be. The wife, Dee, is the person who stole from Shel's group a week before her story begins. They're chased through a cornfield by Shel's group, and Bonnie accidently kills Dee in a misunderstanding. Depending on how you explain the situation to Leland, Leland either comes with Bonnie or stays with the dying Dee and probably gets killed.

Wyatt and Eddie are two basement dwelling stoners. Eddie killed some crazy guys (Nate) friend or something and they're fleeing from him in their car. They encounter heavy fog and hit a person. They decide that one of them should go and check on him while the other stays in the car. Nate finds the car and attacks whoever decided to stay in it. If it's the PC (Wyatt), the PC will take off in the car, leaving Eddie behind. If the PC decided to help the guy they hit, then Eddie takes off instead and the PC carries the limping guy (who was actually a police officer who left the prisoners to die in Vince's story) into the wilderness.

Russell is travelling by foot to statesboro, where his family are. He runs into Nate along the way. Nate is obviously psychotic and almost kills Russell while asking for "out of 10 ratings" of girls he knew. Later, the two stop at the same gas station that Shel's group later claims. Someone in the gas station randomly starts shooting at them. Nate starts taking poo poo seriously and actually helps Russell out, the two cover each other and seem to work well together. Then when you go into the gas station, there's an old man with his frail, dying wife. The old man was the shooter. After the old man asks Nate to please just leave them, Nate's psychotic side is shown once again and he pretty much says "Nah I'm going to kill you both." Russell either walks away or stays, either way Nate kills them.

At the end which is something like 200+ days after the 5 individual stories, Tavia is a woman driving around looking for survivors to bring back to her gated community that's trying to rebuild civilization. She finds the camp that Russell, Wyatt, Shel & Becca (her sister), Bonnie and Vince are staying at. Depending on your choices in their stories and during dialogue, some come with her, some don't, or all of them come with her.

The most important thing to take from 400 days imo is that Nate was intentionally built up as a psychotic villain who lives thru the dlc for a reason and he's going to show up in Season 2 almost guaranteed as an antagonist. I'd be surprised if he's not Carver. He's pretty much a psycho who can act normal when he needs to which sounds like Carver to me.

THE PWNER fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Dec 25, 2013

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Eiba posted:

I think it's interesting how many people have said they're playing Clementine as more aggressive than Lee because she's in a weaker situation. I've been terrified for her the whole time- the world is not sympathetic to Clementine at all, and there are a ton of people whose goodwill she pretty much needs to survive.

I really don't think (thus far) there's any point to playing Clem any particular way. You could choose silence for as many options allow it and you're still getting drug along by whatever zombie-apocalypse-turns-you-into-tribal-hillbillies group she meets next. Hopefully that changes big time but to me the whole of ep 1 feels like it's on rails. (And these games are but the trick last time was no one could detect the rails)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Spiky Ooze posted:

I really don't think (thus far) there's any point to playing Clem any particular way. You could choose silence for as many options allow it and you're still getting drug along by whatever zombie-apocalypse-turns-you-into-tribal-hillbillies group she meets next. Hopefully that changes big time but to me the whole of ep 1 feels like it's on rails. (And these games are but the trick last time was no one could detect the rails)

I feel like season one's cooldown sections where you'd just walk around the group and talk to people really helped distract you from the fact that there's only one direction for the story, and I really hope we get to actually see some of those next episode.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Captain Pissweak posted:

I feel like season one's cooldown sections where you'd just walk around the group and talk to people really helped distract you from the fact that there's only one direction for the story, and I really hope we get to actually see some of those next episode.

Yeah these missing really hurt. In season one these would add 30+ minutes to each episode on their own, and there was usually at least 1 of them, often 2, sometimes more. In s2e1, these are replaced by... a 10 minute long on-rails kitchen scene where you talk to 4 of the characters for a couple of lines each.

It felt like a noticeable drop in quality. Like they were trying to hit a deadline or something. If they just completely abandon those scenes then I'm afraid that half the characters this season will end up being T-dawgs.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

THE PWNER posted:

Yeah these missing really hurt. In season one these would add 30+ minutes to each episode on their own, and there was usually at least 1 of them, often 2, sometimes more. In s2e1, these are replaced by... a 10 minute long on-rails kitchen scene where you talk to 4 of the characters for a couple of lines each.

It felt like a noticeable drop in quality. Like they were trying to hit a deadline or something. If they just completely abandon those scenes then I'm afraid that half the characters this season will end up being T-dawgs.
I think it's part of the situation in s2e1. In the first episode of season 1, Lee and Clementine were basically looking for people to trust in and travel with. In season 2 episode 1 Clementine is all on her own and at a point where people have begun to lose hope in things ever going back to the way they were. They're paranoid, suspicious and find other people more of a threat than walkers. Not even a child gets a pass in this situation anymore. So while the lack of a situation where you can talk to everyone extensively is annoying, I'm sure they'll remedy this in the next episode when the group is more adjusted to Clementine and possibly willing to trust her.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Off topic, but is there a website for saved games or some way to pick choices so you don't have to play certain episodes again? I picked up the entire season in a steam sale, but I played through to the cannibal episode last year and I really don't want to go through all that again.

I'm sure it's a longshot, but I remember we had a great site for the Mass Effect games and a few other episodic games, so I figured I'd ask.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Regarding the Christa choice at the beginning, I didn't help Christa because I didn't think that Clementine could be any help at her size and age and figured Christa would rather she just run anyway.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Viridiant posted:

Regarding the Christa choice at the beginning, I didn't help Christa because I didn't think that Clementine could be any help at her size and age and figured Christa would rather she just run anyway.

Well done, you got her stabbed in the legs!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Eiba posted:

Someone in the last thread said it really well when they pointed out that blackmailing the pregnant woman turns someone who's hostile to you into someone who needs to see you dead. Her vague hostility isn't the end of the world in an otherwise reasonable group. Her very specific threatened hostility if you blackmail her could actually end you!

I played nice all through the episode until Angry Pregnant Lady (not Christa) and at that point I'm like 'gently caress it, Clem's had enough,' and blackmailed her. Recognized it as a bad decision as I made it. Never did that with Larry in Season 1. Wonder if she's gonna be this season's Larry. She's got the same "parent protective of child" thing going on except she's going to be even more keyed up with a pregnancy/newborn.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
For my main playthrough, Clem's thrown her lot in with Pete and Luke. They are the only two who seem like they have their heads on straight. Everyone else can go to hell. Alvin might be cool, but I couldn't resist blackmailing him.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man I love playing as an eleven year old girl. Seriously! It's fun to play a video game as someone other than a physically capable adult in the prime of their life. It changes how you think about almost everything, and magnifies the tension in really outstanding ways. Lee could pop Walkers left and right, but Clem has to struggle tooth and nail to handle even one. And things on high shelves? Don't even start.

Do agree though that this episode felt a little rushed. It really, badly needed the cooldown period where you get a chance to suss everyone out. Also, can you not make dialogue choices with the number keys anymore? What the hell is up with that?

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Anyone know what happens in s2e1 if you don't hide when Rebecca comes in to the bathroom?

I really wonder how THAT game over would look. I guess I'll check it myself later.

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

THE PWNER posted:

Anyone know what happens in s2e1 if you don't hide when Rebecca comes in to the bathroom?

I really wonder how THAT game over would look. I guess I'll check it myself later.

Sarah stops her and tells her that there are some towels in the kitchen. Rebecca leaves to go get them and doesn't actually go in the bathroom.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Aeon posted:

Sarah stops her and tells her that there are some towels in the kitchen. Rebecca leaves to go get them and doesn't actually go in the bathroom.

drat I was hoping for some Bonnie when she doesn't hit Dee poo poo

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
It's 5 in the morning. I downloaded and played through the episode as soon as I remembered it was coming out around Christmas.

Anyways, I really hope that we see more dialogue next game. The choices we had to make this game all seem like of insignificant. Two of them really confused me because I don't see how it's going to impact the storyline later down the road.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Snipee posted:

Anyways, I really hope that we see more dialogue next game. The choices we had to make this game all seem like of insignificant. Two of them really confused me because I don't see how it's going to impact the storyline later down the road.

I think the minor dialogue/gameplay choices may be more important than the 'choices' in this one apart from the Nick/Pete thing. You know that stealing the watch is going to come back to bite you at some point and I'd be surprised if choosing to blackmail Rebecca is utterly ignored down the road

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

CottonWolf posted:

I think the minor dialogue/gameplay choices may be more important than the 'choices' in this one apart from the Nick/Pete thing. You know that stealing the watch is going to come back to bite you at some point and I'd be surprised if choosing to blackmail Rebecca is utterly ignored down the road

Stealing the watch seems too obvious, I didn't take it, but I wouldn't be surprised if everyone leaves the house and someone's like "i wish i had my watch because it's super important to me."

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Where was the watch? I totally missed that. Also that pregnant lady is a HUGE rear end in a top hat and I wish I'd threatened her cheating rear end now.

I really enjoyed this first episode, can't wait for more.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Waterbed posted:

Stealing the watch seems too obvious, I didn't take it, but I wouldn't be surprised if everyone leaves the house and someone's like "i wish i had my watch because it's super important to me."

Yeah, I didn't take it either. Even if you're playing a sociopathic pragmatist Clem, it doesn't really make any sense to. A real sociopath would immediately see that there's no benefit from taking it and potentially a massive cost.

Spalec posted:

Where was the watch?

In a drawer in the room where you could get bandages if you didn't talk to Alvin (I didn't even know you could talk to him), next to the bathroom.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Do agree though that this episode felt a little rushed. It really, badly needed the cooldown period where you get a chance to suss everyone out. Also, can you not make dialogue choices with the number keys anymore? What the hell is up with that?

This was the most frustrating part for me. My first three minutes of play ended with a bunch of silent responses while I frantically mashed my number keys. Like, why the hell would they take that out? The numkeys aren't used for anything else!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Grand Prize Winner posted:

This was the most frustrating part for me. My first three minutes of play ended with a bunch of silent responses while I frantically mashed my number keys. Like, why the hell would they take that out? The numkeys aren't used for anything else!

And having to use the mouse steals precious milliseconds I need for reading and digesting my options!

I'm not being sarcastic, some of those choices are rough and I want all the time I can get!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Skippy McPants posted:

And having to use the mouse steals precious milliseconds I need for reading and digesting my options!

I'm not being sarcastic, some of those choices are rough and I want all the time I can get!

Hit space to pause, I believe it is. Then you can ponder things over.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

jivjov posted:

Hit space to pause, I believe it is. Then you can ponder things over.

Really? You can pause?!

I never even considered that, why even have the bloody timer there if you can pause it whenever you want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

Really? You can pause?!

I never even considered that, why even have the bloody timer there if you can pause it whenever you want?

To prevent losing sales to autists who don't want to have meaningful choices in a small window of opportunity.

• Locked thread