Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone done a 100% summon shamblers ritual? I did a 61% one for my sphere, and it summoned so many my game started lagging.

I've also found the summon fleshbeasts ritual a bit underwhelming. I've tried using it against cultist ritual raids, but they usually beat them down pretty handily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Age reversal in pods has always kinda sucked but it's completely obsolete now that you can just suck the life force out of some chump to de-age 15 or 20 years instantly and heal scars/conditions to boot. It's easy to keep a transhumanist at age 20 so that they never whine about it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

George Sex - REAL posted:

My personal priority list for DLC

1. Ideology
Allows you to make the identity of your colonies more explicit. Essential for roleplaying your faction which is, in my mind, most core to improving Rimworld.

2. Biotech
There's so much in Biotech. I can see why it's others favorite. There's about double the content in here than in any other expansion. Genetics are very cool.

3. Anomaly
A lot of fun, but really steers you in one direction. Changes how the game feels if you pursue the anomaly route.

4. Royalty
Not bad. Actually pretty good. But by comparison to everything else, it is anemic.

Rimworld is, to my mind, one of the best games. The DLCs are more or less all bangers. You really can't go wrong.

:yeah: Pretty much mirrors my opinion, I can't remember what playing without Ideology was like and I don't want to

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Gadzuko posted:

Age reversal in pods has always kinda sucked but it's completely obsolete now that you can just suck the life force out of some chump to de-age 15 or 20 years instantly and heal scars/conditions to boot. It's easy to keep a transhumanist at age 20 so that they never whine about it.

I love how in a discussion about which one DLC should someone get, when someone asks me why I think one DLC lacks polish compared to the others, people pop up to say that actually a second DLC comes with a (totally unthematic) workaround so it's fine.

I am aware I can mod the game or cheat or become a void cultist. None of these things are relevant to Ideology feeling moddier than the other DLCs. I am not having a skill or knowledge issue with the game, I just think ideology tries to do too much and fails at some of it in a way that the others don't.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

worm girl posted:

I love how in a discussion about which one DLC should someone get, when someone asks me why I think one DLC lacks polish compared to the others, people pop up to say that actually a second DLC comes with a (totally unthematic) workaround so it's fine.

I am aware I can mod the game or cheat or become a void cultist. None of these things are relevant to Ideology feeling moddier than the other DLCs. I am not having a skill or knowledge issue with the game, I just think ideology tries to do too much and fails at some of it in a way that the others don't.

Yeah, this wasn't a response to you, which is why I didn't quote your post. Like I said I think the pods suck. I was just adding to the discussion. No need to be so defensive.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cults make people believe in some stupid and harmful poo poo sometimes, a person getting sad because their insulin shot violates their religious principles is realistic

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Cults make people believe in some stupid and harmful poo poo sometimes, a person getting sad because their insulin shot violates their religious principles is realistic

They should also have an "all natural" cure that adds -10% to medical treatments, and those pawns get a moodlet bonus when it's used on them or they use it on others.

It would then have interaction with Dubs Bad Hygiene.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, my main crafter keeps getting knocked up, 3 kids in less than 3 years. Which is very inconvenient since she's an immortal vampire that needs to deathrest for days at a time on the regular!
Had to turn an Yttakin I recruited into a babysitter. Good thing you can cook baby food.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Use contraceptives you dummy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Cut his balls off jfc

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If your weird ideology is making prisoners and visitors uncomfortable, simply edit all the other ideologies to not be so bothered. This is war crime planet, the planet where everyone loves war crimes. Or where almost everyone is an shroom munching Undergrounder, or whatever.

Also fun is to set raider factions with preferred clothing: blindfold. You don't need to combine this with blindsight or darkness preference to make it make sense. You just end up with raiders showing up wearing blindfolds because they think it looks cool.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Broken Cog posted:

Man, my main crafter keeps getting knocked up, 3 kids in less than 3 years. Which is very inconvenient since she's an immortal vampire that needs to deathrest for days at a time on the regular!
Had to turn an Yttakin I recruited into a babysitter. Good thing you can cook baby food.

Perhaps you know this but there's a button in the pawn's menu you can click that will make them pull out. I think it's in the health or relationship tab.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone done a 100% summon shamblers ritual? I did a 61% one for my sphere, and it summoned so many my game started lagging.

I've also found the summon fleshbeasts ritual a bit underwhelming. I've tried using it against cultist ritual raids, but they usually beat them down pretty handily.

I summoned about fifty from a 76% ritual, don't know whether that's above or below the norm just yet. Was hoping to wait them out, but eventually the horde started slowly wandering towards the main gate a bit too close for comfort, so I summoned a 2-Diabolus raid and aggroed them with a mortar so they'd meet up with the zombies and start fighting. The mechs won, but it was pretty close and I managed to finish them off without issue. Forgot to take screenshots unfortunately, but I'll probably do it again once my colonists heal up.

Definitely waiting for any mods that let you weaponize more anomalies, and also one that lets you arbitrarily scale up ritual strength by offering more bioferrite.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Tonight’s report: Tinfoil hats are an A+ buy now so you can give a colonist terrible success odds on Draw Animals and conjure 30 manhunting elephants on command.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

worm girl posted:

Perhaps you know this but there's a button in the pawn's menu you can click that will make them pull out. I think it's in the health or relationship tab.

Haha yeah, I'm aware of the "Try/don't try for pregnancy" option, but honestly I just found the concept of a melee master yttakin having to babysit the kids of his Vampire master a bit fun/cute.
Honestly, the first pregnancy/kid was the most annoying, as I only had the three colonists (and a creepy wanderer that joined, had all organs decay, and promptly died), and between deathresting, bloodfeeding, feeding/playing with the baby, and the normal everyday chores, my vampire didn't get to do much work. Kinda rough since she was both my planter and researcher at the time.
Now that I have 10+ people, stuff actually gets done even if she hangs out in her throne room with the new kid all day.

Also, a Revenant managed to hypnotize one of the children when it attacked, which meant 3+ days of wasted growth potential. Pretty much the worst.

Edit: Has anyone actually had an Occultist wanderer teach the trait to another pawn? The description says they're supposed to do it, but I don't think I've ever seen it happen. And I seem to get one of those on every colony.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 11:38 on May 3, 2024

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I had someone discover a metalhorror because the other person weirded them out during a conversation. But the person isn't assigned to anything that spreads it so I'm just leaving it there

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

BattleMaster posted:

I had someone discover a metalhorror because the other person weirded them out during a conversation. But the person isn't assigned to anything that spreads it so I'm just leaving it there

I'm guessing that's from a mod, as I've not seen that happen before.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend letting it fester, because metalhorrors mature while inside someone, and larvae are significantly easier to deal with than the grown version.
There are also ways for a host to infect others that don't involve cooking or surgery.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

I'm guessing that's from a mod, as I've not seen that happen before.

It's a vanilla feature, it's just very rare. I've had it happen during a party. I assume any interaction has a low chance to trigger it, so throwing a social festival when you have a known metal horror would be a way to check people.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Gadzuko posted:

It's a vanilla feature, it's just very rare. I've had it happen during a party. I assume any interaction has a low chance to trigger it, so throwing a social festival when you have a known metal horror would be a way to check people.

Hmm, inhumanization making people not attend parties actually has consequences!

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Started tinkering with a new colony and tried my hand at making a custom xenotype for my colonists, but didn't get very far beyond 'what if absolutely gigantic snakeman' before I got bored and went back to my old colony.

Forgot about it for a bit, then I try my hand at a skip abduction ritual and

They were Unwaveringly Loyal, so I decided I'd just have my vampire chomp on them and turn them into a ghoul to see how that worked out.

Unfortunately I didn't get as far as putting in any notable drawbacks, so their metabolic inefficiency is through the roof and being so large means they require way more meat that I was able to afford. After a few battles I had to stick them into a cryptosleep casket, because they'd chowed down on every roaming animal on the map and were still hungry. Maybe once I build up a stockpile I'll let them out and have them chow down, then stick them back in and pull them out on special occasions.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Inadequately posted:

Started tinkering with a new colony and tried my hand at making a custom xenotype for my colonists, but didn't get very far beyond 'what if absolutely gigantic snakeman' before I got bored and went back to my old colony.

They were Unwaveringly Loyal, so I decided I'd just have my vampire chomp on them and turn them into a ghoul to see how that worked out.

Unfortunately I didn't get as far as putting in any notable drawbacks, so their metabolic inefficiency is through the roof and being so large means they require way more meat that I was able to afford. After a few battles I had to stick them into a cryptosleep casket, because they'd chowed down on every roaming animal on the map and were still hungry. Maybe once I build up a stockpile I'll let them out and have them chow down, then stick them back in and pull them out on special occasions.

is there a mod that will let them sumo wrestle a centipede?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Inadequately posted:

lmao this is amazing. im assuming theres gene mods for giants?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

silentsnack posted:

is there a mod that will let them sumo wrestle a centipede?

Not quite but you can RKO them

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2556532381

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

FurtherReading posted:

Re: dryads, the Vanilla Ideology Expanded - Dryads mod gives them a solid boost. When you get three dryads you can "awaken" them to merge into a single, buffed version that will survive independently of the tree for about three years. So each time you get 3 you can hit awaken and then change the dryad type to get a good variety of them from even a single tree.

Some are pretty busted, like the carriers becoming pack animals that don't eat or the medicine maker that can be milked for neutroamine.

heck yeah that's what it should have been except you can also shear the medicine maker to get cloth &/or herbal meds about on par as a cotton or medicine plant would take. The neutroamine production would be incredibly low, like amount 1 or 2. If these animals are trapped away from 100% sunlight for too long they get sick and die but of course have no need to eat.

Some basically just hang out doing nothing & looking cool, like a fantabulous living sculpture. Maybe having one is an overall mood boost too.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Inadequately posted:

Nuclear stomach.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ok, so I got an idea for a new colony ideology, High Life + Animalist.
Tame bears, make Go-juice. Whenever enemies show up, inject bears and set them loose while your colonists get to smoke and drink inside.

It's a flawless strategy, I'm sure

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Get alpha animals and keep Lucibugs to juice your bears

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Is there a way to do so many drugs that you contact the void? I think that should be an option.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Technically you can make void drugs, but you gotta contact them first

Edit: Actually, that reminds me that Juggernaut Serum should definitely work on bears!

Edit2: Anyone actually tried the atmospheric heater? Can you use it to make, say, an Ice Sheet biome livable?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 3, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Skip is the most overpowered psycast, goddamn.

First time I dealt with a revenant it was difficult and I had to throw EMP grenades everywhere.

Second time I had two psycasters with skip.

I teleported them closer to the Revenant, and then every time it tried to hypnotise someone I yanked it away from the victim with skip. All while shooting at it.

It felt kind of petty, just bullying the Revenant like that. But it worked perfectly.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Psychically deaf pawns can't use Chronophagy :negative: One of my Hussars has exactly 10% sensitivity because of his psychic bond with his wife, but the other one is poo poo out of luck. Get used to the biosculptor I guess

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can you not make him hold an eltex staff or something? If psychic deafness just adds -100% then any equipment that adds % should presumably give them some?

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Bioferrite gear also boosts sensitivity according to its quality. You can make a slave collar, mask, plate mail, and sword out of it. At normal quality that's a 10% multiplier from rach item, and they do stack. That's a multiplier though, not a +% like eltex gives, so you will need a +% from an eltex or prestige item to get the amount above 0. There's no penalty for wearing a slave collar.

There's also a psychic sensitizer bionic which adds 25%.

worm girl fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 3, 2024

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I think psychic deafness absolutely blocks all psychic stuff even if you wear a nice shirt and hold a funny looking stick

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It does not appear so:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So the Heart, huh. That's one hell of an anomaly.

Though I feel it looked scarier than it was.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

OwlFancier posted:

It does not appear so:

My favorite thing about the game is finding weird ways to squeeze more juice out of the numbers. It's so cool that they let you do this instead of setting it to 0 no matter what.

edit: woo new update. They made it so tribals can harvest bioferrite from captured monsters or harbinger trees, and so that most of the research no longer requires electricity. You can make the masks and crossbows and stuff at crafting spots too.

worm girl fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 4, 2024

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Allow death pall and gray pall to overlap with blood rain.

Oh no

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Antigravitas posted:

Allow death pall and gray pall to overlap with blood rain.

Oh no

Climate change is getting worse even on the rim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Fix: Nociosphere doesn't adapt to EMP stuns.

Oooh, that's gonna wipe some people.