Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
It rains a lot in the biome I'm at. It's also very hot. Every time I get visitors during the rain, they come wearing rain gear. That gear pushes their comfortable temperature too low and they die of heatstroke before they leave.

Now I've got to build a freezer lounge for my guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

SetPhazers2Funk posted:

What's the current version and name of the cult mod(s)? I tried using the most obvious candidate but got a lot of errors as if it wasn't updated for 17.

You probably got the right one, but didn't download the mod it depends on. They're called 'Call of Cthulhu - Cults' and 'JecsTools'.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Got hit with a Death Fog weather that revived all the dead as shamblers. I'd been feeding them to the trees so I didn't think it would be a big deal, until all the half-eaten animal corpses got up.

Then the flesh pit opened. Pretty rough for year one but I'm hanging on.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Welp I lost my whole colony to it got dark. I guess now I know if I'm doing anomaly I need power sources that never, ever have interruptions

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I tried out the flesh-pit that you can enter. I was having a pretty easy time clearing the flesh monsters so I decided to take on the heart.

Big mistake. I took it down but nobody survived. I think I'll start holding off on attuning the obelisk until I have better research and equipment, things escalate quickly.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Broken Cog posted:

I've seen people get the obelisk with the monolith on tier 1, but that's the only one. It's also not close to being one of the worst ones.
I'm curious if that one, and maybe a couple of the other tier 2 entities, can show up earlier, as they aren't as bad as the rest.

I've been holding off on attuning the monolith and so far I've gotten Chimeras, Devourers, and 3 obelisks. I also got a Revenant but that was from a quest. The attune option says it attracts more powerful entities so I assume the worst events are locked behind it but I don't know.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

canepazzo posted:

Got a distress call and investigated a flesh overrun village with a couple of monsters, found a shard and killed all the monsters and flesh nodes, but the quest is still active - what else am I supposed to do?

That should be it, just return with what you want.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I spammed the ability every time it was off cooldown and nothing happened then they left. I don't know the mechanics of the creep joiners but I think they are just a random hodgepodge of all the possibilities.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Broken Cog posted:

So I got the Obelisk that Mutates people.
Are any of the mutations worth it? Some of them seem decent enough, though the pain is annoying unless you're running a pain is virtue ideology.

There's an arm mutation that gives manipulation and one that gives a good melee attack. One of my starting pawns had asthma and 2 out of 2 mutations went to lungs for them, not sure if it targets damaged parts or if I just got lucky. You can also have a miss, like when I got the stomach mutation on a pigskin, end result is more pain. And by the description it sounds like if I replace it it spawns a flesh monster, but I haven't tried that yet.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

patch notes posted:

Anomaly content is less dominant by default

That's good, Anomaly was a little dominating.

quote:

-Malaria
-Flu
-Malaria

:what: Bring back the horrors.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

DarkLich posted:

Sheesh you would think that the boss of a faction that I just skip abducted would be worth more

You just saved them from a bloody coup.

I had a similar skip abduction experience, but the victim had a bionic leg so I got a free leg out of it! And they were still worth 3 honor when I sold them to the empire. What a great use of bioferrite.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Did you start your run before the patch that integrates anomaly with the base game? I had a similar experience, like they patched the game and every event I missed happened all at once. Especially the sickness, I had pawns with both malaria and flu, it was pretty touch and go.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

OwlFancier posted:

They panic when you set them on fire so an incinerator makes them quite easy if still time consuming

They changed this in the last patch, now revenants aren't flammable.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

Jelly posted:

What do people do to clear foliage from an area, for example, for a kill zone. Do you just lay a cheap floor like concrete or is there some other secret I'm not aware of?

I mark the area for roof and then only build floors on area the roof can't cover, to reduce the amount of speed increase I offer the enemy. Since I build turrets along the side and they often beeline for them, raiders don't tend to walk on the paved area much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
No, you investigate it once and it activates. You get a pop-up asking if you for sure want to investigate it.