Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Did he ever fix that weird bisexuality thing? If not is there an easy way to have it fixed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Aha, okay, cheers. I'll look into Psychology I think.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Help a newbie out. If I want the maximum time noodling around working out the base-building and the minimum time dealing with raids, what storyteller do I want? Randy on easiest mode?

This is assuming I ever play the game instead of just browsing mods.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Katt posted:

I can't believe the game has gender locked clothes. I wanted to give my chef a top hat but.

Like they went in and put extra effort into making clothes have this effect.

This is like Bi/Gay being a specific trait. Someone making the calls in this games development is probably hiding their power level :v:

Wait wtf? Is that real?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Katt posted:

I think my colonists are hungry.

hell of a nip

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hungry posted:

So I installed that mod which lets your pawns write books.

I mean, I'd read it, but what's their problem with brotherhood? Or are they hoping to move from friends to something more?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

What's the best mod to fix Tynan's dopey assumptions about sexuality? Or is it fixed in the base game these days?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

multijoe posted:

Psychology, don't play a game without it

Thanks!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Steely Dad posted:

What's the mod to make colonists stop obsessively hitting on each other and going insane when they get shot down, and is it 1.3-compatible? I have a dude who is now at a -17 a few days into a new colony because he can't leave an asexual colonist alone. I think you get a -18 for a spouse's death.

There's a version of Rational Romance that's been quick-and-dirty patched to 1.3, should pop up if you filter by 1.3 tag and search romance.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Asimo posted:

Yeah the pen system for livestock is almost pretty great but it needs to be abstracted a bit more I think. Something like where there's an automatic nutrition amount based off the biome and the number and type of tiles in the pen and then just treat animal hunger as a modifier to that. If it's negative (in winter, or you have a bunch of critters) you throw kibble or haygras into an animal feeder and it adds to the total. Probably increase the amount a tile can support because the current one is a bit stingy due to being reliant on actual grass object growth and boom, done. It would probably reduce the amount of CPU overhead further too since you wouldn't have to worry about tracking livestock hunger directly.

To be fair the hand talon is supposed to be more like Wolverine claws in the wrist or something, not an actual hand. :v:

Edward Scissorhands sort of situation

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Vasler posted:

I finished the game!! Managed to get through all the raids and satisfy the stellarch. Wow, some of the raids were ridiculous!

Anyway, I started a new game using the prepare carefully mod and you know, I find myself missing my starter people from my first game.

Is there any way to bring some colonists over to another game? I miss my batch of weirdos.

Edit: What kind of colonists do you design for prepare carefully? I'm having decision paralysis here.

Randomly generate till you like someone and then fix their most glaring flaws. Either that or try to recreate your favourite TV/movie characters and see how quick they murder each other.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pack up the babies, grab the old ladies...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It does, a lot of art will reference things that have happened previously in the colony.

For example on this pillar, stench has carved a picture of herself making the other pillar across from it.

gently caress yeah. No false modesty.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Make sure to walk around outside loudly complaining about how uncomfortable it's making you so they keep it up.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Didn't know this was possible.

And Deer gave the child a cruel name, a name that means half-formed.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Is that mod for children creepy or weird or is it all right? I'd quite like it just because having kids is something people do, and I would like that in the game, but I'm wary because modding is like dancing through a minefield where every mine contains some rear end in a top hat's Weird Sex Ideas.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

HelloSailorSign posted:

I regularly run colonies where the idea of the colony progressing past where I go means maybe I only get a few kids to 8-9 years old before I start a new colony, as I start them at 0. It's just satisfying to think there is a permanence to that colony.

Babies and Children mod added some more stuff related to infants, including things like toys for the kids to carry around, cribs, onesies, etc. Aesthetic kids would be happy carrying around an awful quality pigskin dinosaur, most other kids would feel a little sad about it (but super stoked at their excellent quality camel hide stuffy bear).

I like to combine a children/pregnancy mod with Vanilla Books Expanded so the kids can start studying in whatever's been written about. Even normal quality books in a variety of topics means that even when the kids hit 7 years old they can be already at 6+ skill level in... anything. Everything. They get useful pretty fast at that stage.

Now, with the ability to support extramarital relations in Ideology (though I've not seen non-lover colonists have hook ups... is it a thing?) that could encourage more diverse breeding genetics than the aforementioned play through.

Ahhh that sounds cute, thank you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Torrannor posted:

Wow. Just wow.

This really is super hosed up. It's not just the "all women are at least bi, no men are bi", it's also the "men are 8 times as likely to flirt with somebody than women" and "women overwhelmingly find older men attractive, with no upper limit, while men won't find women more than 15 years older than them attractive at all".

Like what the gently caress. I didn't know the game was this horrible. I know the "no bi men" thing has been fixed, what about the age preferences?

Honestly I just use mods, I'm not really interested in how Tynan thinks people work any more.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Frances Nurples posted:

rimworld art is wonderful.

Dezi, a recently recruited combat medic who had made herself indispensable despite being incapable of violence and was much loved by all of her peers, was cut down tragically by a stray shot during a siege.
the commemorative art on her sarcophagus:

Wow, Kamrov telling his truth

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Sickening posted:

I find it easy to just destroy the complex walls and hack the terminal safely.

Yeah but judging by your avatar you're in league with the skulls.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Aw imagine, someone probably put that elephant in their own drop pod. They loved it more than life.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Colin deserves his own pen.

If you spruce up Colin's pen all fancy, please take a picture of it to show us. I want to see that elephant made the absolute king of your colony.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I have rescued three people so far and nursed them all back to health and all of them have chosen to leave the settlement instead of joining us to bask in Colin's glory.

Train Colin to trample them to death imo. How dare they.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

BattleMaster posted:

I like to arrest the best refugee/beggar in the group and then shoot up the rest for meat and bonus survivors :evilbuddy:

You would think they wouldn't ask the cannibals with the skulls and gibbeted corpses everywhere for help but they do anyway

Suddenly remembering that bit in Texas Chainsaw Massacre where there's a mobile made of bones on the front porch. Only it'd be a human skull and the kids are still like 'pff I'm knocking on the door anyway, it's not *my* skull'

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Colin was on the edge of the settlement when raiders struck and sustained a minor eye injury when he fled through the field of combat. Adjustments will be made to enhance his safety.

Dear God

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Just learned random scenario is a thing

That's a lot of stomachs.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Is there a setting for the Rimcities mod where I could start in an abandoned city but *not* get immediately murdered by raiders? I don't want a ghost city, I want a ruined one, but I want to be the only people there.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lockback posted:

Do Wealth-Independent at first for a while then change it later? The issue is by taking a city your wealth score shoots up but you don't have anything of the other stuff you usually would at that level. Wealth independent would be more based on time instead (which I don't like as you get later in the game but at first would fit).

Hm yeah, but the scenario 'abandoned city' starts you with hostiles already on the map. Maybe I can fiddle with that, I'll check the settings properly later. Cheers.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

cat dead, details later

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

i am harry posted:

Ran out of components and then a ship crashed right down on top of my chemfuel stash leaving four spaceship chunks behind :shobon:

It heard you wanted components and got overexcited.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Azhais posted:

Androids have a lot of bugs currently. I noticed I was completely out of cloth and cloth adjacent items which really surprised me, but then I found one of my androids wearing 113 cloaks

On top of each other so it was spherical or like, a really really long cloak, I wonder

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I can't help noticing it's been quite a while since we heard anything from Colin the god-elephant.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

Colin's wild spirit burned too brightly to be tamed for long, and he has gone back to the wild. His pen remains, empty... except for the grave of the animal handler who failed the community.

Went off to find his Nellie in the great wild world.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Wrr posted:

Whats a good way to sort through general baseline mods these days? I'm ready for a new colony and just got done playing a lot of They Are Billions, want to turn Rimworld into a zombie type game. Any suggestions?

For what you want I'd just search 'zombie' and see if anybody's made a collection to do what you want. I saw some youtuber doing it in 1.2.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ZiTools is the one I was going to recommend, yeah, it's handy.

I'm still trying to find out which mod caused the 'no UI for you, no main menu, just splash screen' thing that was happening a couple of weeks ago. What a process.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm getting annoyed with this rhino trying to convert people to his religion. And then when he fails he gets mad and starts fights! And nearly kills my other colonists! Because he's a goddamn rhinoceros!

Can you send him on caravans to spread his religion far, far away, like a little rhino St Paul?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Pawnmorpher maybe. He was once a man! Now he's an annoying proselytizing rhino. Knocking on doors, accidentally knocking them over.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

Any good mods for a Tribal/Viking start/playthrough? I already have the viking storyteller

You'll want something like smoked meat or salted meat, I forget the exact mod name, for food preservation. Maybe get some tents too. The vanilla expanded stuff makes fishing much better and you'll want that.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Somehow my colony decided this dance party was boring. How?!

A Train song came on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Kestral posted:

She should get together with my tribal warrior who charged into a raid while holding three incendiary shells :psyduck:

I love how this game creates this illusion of personality, it's incredible.