Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Danaru posted:

The comedic timing on his simple launchers research couldn't have been better if it was planned :allears:

Yeah that was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

GamingHyena posted:

I've had it hit as one of the first events sometimes and you might as well restart if you do because you probably aren't going to come back from that game.

This is how I feel about elemental assault. If it happens early, you should just restart. I’ve had that be the second event from Randy. There’s no stopping it if that happens.

Later on it’s fine though.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
More like bore guy.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What mod let’s me set priorities?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Maybe don’t name your ship the Event Horizon?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What’s the best way to get advanced components so I can make the bench I need to make regular (and eventually advanced) components? I’m kinda stuck here until they decide to randomly spawn on a trader.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tiny Bug Child posted:

Is there a way not to have food in a prison cell automatically "reserved for prisoners"? I implanted ovipositors into my prisoners with Genetic Rim, but the eggs are all marked reserved so they don't get hauled.

:catstare:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
How are y’all playing mods if hugslib and the other basic mod tools one that I can’t remember right now aren’t updated yet?

Also any word on when Androids+++++ will work again?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Do I organize my fuses in this way:

Generator -> fuses -> batteries -> base

Or

Generator -> batteries -> fuses -> base

Or, the more complicated

Generator -> fuses -> batteries -> back out through the fuses -> base
?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

isndl posted:

Dude railing about mods getting obsoleted by getting rolled into the base game clearly hadn't been playing earlier releases of Rimworld because there's a whole lot of other mods that got that treatment.

I think you’ll find that if you’d read his previous posts, each of which have over 200 replies you’ll know where he’s coming from. Furthermore...

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Y’all never heard of Rothko apparently.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jokes posted:

Fuuuuuuucking sapper. Broke through a wall, guy lobbed a Molotov at an animal, and I lost my entire ranch and most of my housing.

loving poo poo goddammit.

Quit building out of wood.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lladre posted:

Anyone else having issues that when you send your noble guy on a caravan they forget they have a throne?

Have you built a palanquin?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Y’all know you can just build a 4 walls thick wall with 4 stacked doors and they’ll wear themselves out against the outer wall for a good long while. Like years.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What’s the point of batteries if you have consistent power? They don’t even help during solar flares

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Just make your walls 3 granite walls thick. They tire themselves out breaking through the first layer then leave in a huff.

It’s hilarious.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

nessin posted:

Anyone have, or know of on the workshop, any scenario setups that take the standard crashlanded build and just accelerate it? I am thinking of something that allowed me to jump start past the basic initial research (batteries, solar power, autodoors, gunsmithing, etc...) and give enough resources to build a solid starter base (bedrooms, kitchen, storage, a few workshops) without having to start small and harvest a ton manually. I don't have a lot of fun in the early game buildup and just want to jump forward to where I can be looking at the hi-tech/plasteel phase within half an hour.

Have you checked out just cheating in the stuff you want to start with via the dev panel?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

The cults mod has been updated. Time for a new tribal start!

But I just got my colony where I want it!!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

you really, really should put up an outer wall around your base

you mean a coward's line?

no thank you.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Please keep me updated about the adventures of weedmouse.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Get the pet prosthetics mod?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
i stan weedmouse and his majestic horn.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Chronomage is one of the best most broken types of mage.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

8 Ball posted:

Kind of a big ask but are there any essential mods from the last uh year or so? Just looking for vanilla+ stuff, not extra races or anything. Feels like I need to spend half a day just going through the workshop before I start playing again :v:

Dub’s bad hygiene, Rimfeller, I don’t know when they came out but those are basically vanilla to me.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Rimatomics is also cool!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Had a colony die because a single raider in power armor spawned with a gun that lit people on fire, and 15 shooting.

I threw all 8 colonists at it and didn’t even scratch the guy.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Can someone walk me through producing plasteel?

I have Rimfeller and I’ve made synthamide, I have an autoclave, and I set up plasteel production at my fabrication bench.

For some reason it will never create more synthamide, and I’m constantly out of materials for plasteel construction. I’m not sure if something is bugged or if I’m just not doing it correctly, but a step by step or insights would be awesome. It’s the only thing holding me back from going full Skycore with my 7 android, 2 human colony.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Oh poo poo, I didn’t hook up water. I’ll try that when I get home, thanks!

Are there any other means of producing plasteel other than deep drills?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
But what about my colonist Michael ‘Mike’ Hawk that I get every third play through??

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
If you need more colonists, just build them at your Android workbench.

*continues slowly building toward a fully automated gay Skymind communism colony.*

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I stand corrected, the Vanilla Brewing Expanded lets you make energy drinks, so I'm going to make a colony full of addicts running around punching holes in walls.

Ah yes, Kyleville.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Coolguye posted:

has anyone been able to come up with a good argument for making beer? even as a trade good it just seems like a giant waste of effort. grow tons of corn for the bulk traders and cocaine for the combat traders. then just do art if you want a luxury good for the exotic traders.

the rigamarole with hops to wort to beer is just such a pain and requires so much infrastructure.

What else will they drink while playing dnd in the downtime from committing war crimes and worshiping Dagon?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
My end game is when I have a fully functional skymind and a maxxed out mega entity running a dozen souped up robot bodies to make a perfect colony guarded by hacked mechanoids.

edit: Bonus points if I can upload my original colonist on a one-person start, and become eternal.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Settle in, Rikko, you're going to be with us for a while.

Eugh those faces. Gross.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tias posted:

Does Psychology still work? It seems to give an error now.

The new one is called 1 2 3 personalities or something.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Yeah I was gonna say, better label that colony Chicago because it’s aching for a big fire.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Looking at everyone's bases, it seems my strategy of 'always build by hollowing out the inside of a giant mountain' is not as popular as I thought it would be.

I guess I do waste a lot of time digging each time I build a room.

Also the bugs aren't that great, once they come. Though I keep my base well lit so they're less of a problem.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

So could I theoretically leave a dark, hollowed out area filled with Incendiary shell IEDs to encourage infestations to spawn there instead of the rest of my well lit base? :thunk:

Yes. And that is what I do.

Edit: no idea about the guy on the last page but 95% of my infestations are neatly handled in my ‘gently caress off, bugs’ room. However it’s a game with a billion mods so there’s always some weird interactions and I might be a lucky type with my mod list.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I like to keep dark and cold mine shafts deep in the mountain to force the infestation spawn there beyond the choke point I build to fight them. Unlike scaling raids, a huge infestation is alot easier to manage because they arn't made of plasteel.

also you can fill those tunnels with a variety of wooden things and light it with a molotov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Just install one of the various mine or quarry mods?