Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The in game tutorial should get you going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Are larger maps really unstable or is the game just over cautious?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I put down an animal zone but my chickens keep wandering everywhere. How do you guys keep your chickens in one place?

Assign them to the Zones my friend in the animal tab. Put a food storage square in there too. Afaict they don't need to be heated or cooled.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Everthing was going fine in my little town and then poison ships with robot centipedes with inferno guns fell from the sky. The end.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

Is peaceful play still an option if I just want to make a town without having things jump all over me?

Do the easiest base builder setting and the calm AI and at most you'll get like 2 man raids.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tias posted:

Getting into this again.. Holy poo poo are elderly colonists hosed from the get-go!

Is it easier to gain new colony members now than in prior versions? How do you guys get more colonists?

If you want more than like 10 set AI to randy read

You have to capture people a lot too and buy them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like how you can lose in this game so easily. It makes it really fun yet stories of survival are pretty incredible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah tons of DF. The ui always bummed me out though after awhile.

Also I think with DF it lost "something" when he went to multiple z levels.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is a good way of making clothes with large leather needs. Trading for it? Do tailors only make a clothing piece from one type of leather?

What is a good way to get some valuable trade items in a poor, early colony?

This is vanilla.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Alkydere posted:

Right, broke down and got the game, are there any guides anywhere on how to get started?

The game has a built in tutorial to get you going.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dogs are nice haulers.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MadJackMcJack posted:

Ha ha ha, he thinks steel is fireproof :smug:

That's was I was thinking too lol.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My nice fortress was destroyed by a huge Zzzzzzzzzzzt in the cooler which killed 9 colonists. It was spectacular. Now I know about having too many batteries and not running wires under walls.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

Did you get any screenshots? Cause that sounds amazing and I want to see the mayhem.

No

But there weren't any bodies left to bury :psyduck:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Could anyone post their opening camp. Like what you have in the first season. Or describe what your first priorities are. Trying to get back in the game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How big a building for step 4 ? I seem to be falling behind at that stage .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh Beds outside ? I never thought of that .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When do you get a prison going

There seems to be new room requirements for prisoner beds.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Breeding pairs ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's a little weird I have to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What the gently caress was that pickle ball cartoon