Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Since when have mortars been able to fire stone chunks or was that an unintended thing from one of the mods I have installed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Yeah thats it. I was all smug thinking I was fine when a siege ran out of ammo only to watch horrifed as they started lugging boulders to the mortars and begining punching more holes into my base.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Imo the warhammer 40k mod needs psykers who have a special break that just causes a map wide demon incursion.

I have no idea about the benefits they would bring, but you should basically just make the 40k rpg perils of the warp table a thing in game.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I forget which wh40k mod adds the hellgun but its amazing to have 5 combat competent pawns kitted out with decent hellguns and karskin gear to handle just about any siege or world map event.

Raids, sieges and infestations just go down in a flurry of las shots. Its glorious.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

....are those toliets?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Nthing the idea that yeah I could make a mini fridge by the dining room in standard rim world for less resource cost by just setting up a mini room with a cooler. Rim fridge just lets you do it with less time.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

They look like a charcoal brisquette.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I like how her pain is only severe.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

There is also that mod that allows you to make transparent roofing, which does basically break the game over your knee.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I wonder if I gave a giant spider or whatever 8 archaoe tech legs it would move so fast that it would break the game.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Nalesh posted:

Yeah medieval raids are nothing to joke about, they're usually more armored on average than other raiders, and will gently caress you up royally if they get close enough, I think medieval factions have an innate bonus to melee or something.

The gloves and bracers and such in their armour set gives melee bonuses.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Those automatic cluster mortars do basically delete sieges

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

Sorry, "automatic cluster mortars?"

Its from the more turret mod I think or maybe the glitterworld mod. Its basically an AI driven mortar that launches 3 shells. There is a more balanced version out there that requires ammo but they basically slaughter sieges, espeically if you have a natural chokepoint like a swamp or something. Really handy for those 50+ sieges.

If anybody knows how to fix the thing where your screen basically goes all grey Ill show them off in action with the Imperial Fire base I set up.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 16, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Question about the crash land mod, is the strange ship crashlanding a one off? Or can i have another one crashland randomly later on.

Also the mechanius rad pistols and galvinic rifles are brutal. 3 pawns had their heads blown off, 3 died from radiation poisoning, and the last 5 got cancer from the radiation.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 17, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Make a mod that allows you to launch corpses out of mortars and/or catapults and use the bugs as ammo.

Bonus points if mortar launched bodies dissesemble on launch for a shotgun effect.

Also uh, maybe moral penalties for doing that.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I think someone just tantrumed and blew a stack if antigrain warheads, which also blew up my boomalopes that were nearby.

Im not super positive because there is just a huge chunk missing from my base and the body is gone.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Is a Xenomorph mod possible with the code base?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

They slurrypede from alpha animals also makes feeding animals easy and I think you can basically have it feed itself.

It was nice till I had like 150 paste meals lying around rotting.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Walton Simons posted:

Using Numbers I can see that my colonist's immunity gain speed is 117% but his immunity is dropping further behind his infection, what gives?

That just means that your immunity gain speed is 17% better then normal. If you are not having them rest and feeding then properly then the infection can still gently caress them up.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

So I had the event where a ship hulk dropped down, though it is one from a mod with pirates inside.

I send someout to pop it open and run, figuring Ill deal with it later. The pirates putz around the hulk and I get distracted with a kroot raid.

A day or two later ingame after the kroot raid the game slows down again but gives me no notifcations, I scroll around a bit to see one if my pawns wandering near the ship looking to grab something.

Out of the 5 pirates that came out of the ship only one was left. None of them had food on them so judging from the log one of tantrumed, murdered a fellow pirate or three, and ate the resulting corpse. This continued until there was only one pirate left which is what spooked my pawn.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

What is the mod that lets me rip bionics out of corpses again?

Edit:Nevermind I am dumb.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Luci and I think of the mech serums can help brain damage?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Depending on your faction mods and other things, there will be a hard line where sieges and raids will start to break you. I have the starship trooper mod installed and I know there is a point where the story teller is going to do a firefly event with a scorpian bug event with a warrior bug swarm.

The goal is to last until that point, where everything goes wrong and you either lose everything or rise from the ashes with a few crippled pawns.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Sunday Morning posted:

RIP all your crops! And anything else in the area.

In an instance of poor planning I had my boomalope herd set to sleep by the mortar magizine full of antigrain warheads. When they went off due to a tantrum the added explosions were basically pointless but still insulting.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Mod gently caress ups can be nice sometimes, I had some orks drop pod into my base when all of my guys were starving. For some reason they were passive and fleeing the map but still seen as hostile by my colony so I shot them up. Luckily orks are not marked as humanoid or something so there is no penalty for eating them (similarly my one ork orkphan is fine with wearing tainted clothing and harvesting organs).

Meat was in fact, back on the menu and the crisis was averted.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Argonians dont seem super furry to me and rarely do I get any, the droid mod with the tiers is pretty good and its nice having basically a 24 hour worker even if they are poo poo at some things.

One of the ork mods is pretty neat, if you get an ork colonist its basically your best brawler since they regrow lost limbs and parts which is handy and gives them good endurance in fights since small cuts heal quite fast. This of course can work against you because they are a bitch to put down for good.

Drow,elf and dwarf mods are pretty nice as well.

Mass effect race mod is as far as I know good too. Each race has benefits and drawbacks.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

If you aren't lopping of people and animals limbs to give them movement enhancing bionics you are not caravaning right.

You will take my 45 tile move speed from my cold bionic hands.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Anybody know of a fast way to figure out whats loving up my world gen? I know its a particular mod and might have to do with load order but given the load times present with the amount of mods I have figuring out which one it is by hand would take most of day.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

The crash landing mod does make starts interesting, especially the hard mode variant of it.

Though there are other mods that give you goals you can work with. Have RimRoad and start in the middle nowhere, can you survive long enough to put a road to the main transportation lines?

Have rimbees, collect all the bees (I was hoping there was biome specific bees which would forfe me to send out expeditions to collect them but alas no.

Have genetic rim and collect a sample from every animal possible.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I like how its a bug that the android animals you can make are able to breed, it allows you to slowly harvest components and plasteel while ranching robotic muffalo.

Also what was the other animal bionic mod other than ADS? The one that didnt need a bunch of mod patches to work.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 8, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Pharnakes posted:

What are you saying that a muffalo with a bionic leg has a calf also with a bionic leg?

The tiered android mod has what are basically omnivorous, robotic muffalo which exist to be haulers, they haul something like 175kg.

If you make two of them and you get a breeding pair they can mate and breed, with the offspring being born full size. You can than slaughter the extras to get a decent amount of plasteel and components.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Grey Goofalo.

If I tend to ignore it the 2 turns into ten and then by that time they get in the way of turrets and bullets during raids and such. At that point they just run around competing with each other to hoover up corpses and grass.

Also I found out in my last game that if you have a big enough animal pasture size and enough animals you will get cyclical migrations as they move from one end to another.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Maybe dissect the more faction relations mod to see how they handle wars? Also the mod that allows bandits to progressively set up outposts which slowly grow into full bases and send out more raids?

A start that might be easy is a settlement esque mod where excess pawns could be set off to form and work in settlements. The settlements start off as a resource drain that gradually become self sufficent and eventually send you back resources.

I am way too much of an ideas guy.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 9, 2019

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Alpha animals has the stalking snow lion event which you should be able to tear apart and see how you can modify for commando or assasion raids as well.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

jokes posted:

Someone wanna post their non-mountain home with reasonable defenses?

Big ol box with an opening on side to channel raiders, a double or triple thick wall will keep most people heading to that one location. Then either kill box it if you are boring, or set up pill boxes, embrasure firing lines and such if you like fun and slugging it out. The key for that is making sure that your cover has more health and block chance then their cover, so save super hard materials for your firing line cover.

Add in some mortars, 3-4 should give you enough shots per salvo to let you make a dent and break any sieges.

Use rivers and mud to your advantage. Make them have to cross them under fire.

Have interior placed turrets to deal with any drop ins. One or two basic steel turrets can distracr drop pod raid members long enough for you to react.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Danaru posted:

How does the game calculate what to attack? Can I make a giant technically-outside hell corridor with a poo poo ton of gold at the end and have raiders run through Takeshi's Castle but with spikes and guns instead of foam rocks?

Im like 99% sure its pathing based. They head to your pawns/heavy concentration of buildings based on shortest route possibly. Some raids like the sappers discount walls as barriers or at least assign them lesser movement point total or whatever and will have them path through them.

They wont go after gold Im pretty sure. They only care about items when they retreat, and even then its only one of the possible retreat things.

^its a bed or maybe a power source, I have had a raid split in half as some went to my base and some went south to.deal with the waterwheels I had set up.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

I have had door set ups like that gently caress up enemy and trader pathing but who knows.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Rimworld is very much like df where if you know how everything works and how to set up defences it can get pretty boring.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

jokes posted:

Playing the game without setting up meta-analyzed defenses is pretty fun, as well as upping the difficulty for raids, etc. It's kind of interesting NEEDING to set up hyper-optimized defenses but at the end of the day it's just funner forgetting about optimal defense strategies and relying on non-standard defenses like the urban warfare layout to use doors as cover and the like.

Yeah, also faction mods change things up. The satchel charges and plasma suicide bombers that some mods add will punch a hole in your defense if you let them. Other mods add more bionics to raiders at higher raid levels since sometimes they can still come in smaller numbers.

The federation mod also has tank like enemies whos entire job is to gently caress up fixed defenses and walls. The projecticles they fire are slow enough that you could walk and avoid them but they doo stupid amounts of damage and will one shot turrets and other defenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

I think i've asked this before but it was months ago and i'm just going back to rimworld: How performance killing is using bigger map sizes? I think I settled on one size above default. Just wondered if I could be going for bigger or whether the game really starts grinding.

I just started using larger maps on my laptop and its either the same speed or slightly slower.

Just keep in mind that distances are not going to be what you are used to so dont be suprised if people bleed out or whatever on the way to base. Raids may also be finicky?