Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I received a quest where both the title and text were error messages, I thought too hell with it and accepted.
For the next several days I was attacked by one or two mech clusters, they all had shields that protected them from bullets and/or mortar shells and each one brought a map altering super weapon, including one that blocked out the sun.

In the middle of one battle my one prisoner decided to break out, he made a mad dash towards the nearest puppy and gave it an uppercut right too the snoodle, then he vanished into the eternal hell night, I was laughing too hard to get mad at the little bastard.

After several days of this madness a shuttle landed. Why was it here? What did it want?
It will forever be a mystery because by this point the sun was gone, the air was toxic, the trees were dying and most of my colonists were too beat up too do anything.
Oh, and the mechs also used a weather dominator to make it foggy, this wasn't so bad on top of everything else but it honestly seems like a dick move on their part.

This game rules so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it appears that the empire faction has a permanent hostile relationship with any custom faction despite still giving out quests to raise their opinion.

Is their any way too change this?

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Question about one kind of annoying aspect of the game.

What is the best way to insure that pawns won't eat survival meals while in the colony, but will eat them while travelling?

I know you can set up multiple food restrictions, so you can setup one that allows and one that forbids survival meals and then switch between them when you send out a caravan, but, just picture me in black and white turning towards the camera and going

"There's got to be a better way!"

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I in fact do not have the deep storage or flickable storage mods, looks like I'll be adding them.
Even though I mostly cook fine meals, pawns would still snag a survival meal every once in a while, so thanks to everyone for the advice!

Everyone except for you.

Private Speech posted:

Not sure you can find an insurance company that will offer a policy for videogame events tbh.

You're the worst! :mad:

Kind of a funny story, I was just about to send out a trade caravan when someone decided that exact moment they needed to slaughter one of the horses, so they barreled into the caravan just before it started leaving and decided to kill a horse.

Trade goods and food exploded everywhere, the rest of the caravan basically decided a trade mission didn't need any of that and started hauling rear end for the edge of the map.

I didn't notice until just after they left the map.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Hey, does any one know of a mod that gives you a warning for an upcoming raid? Just so you have a couple minutes to get your people in armour and in position?

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Oh my God.

I didn't realize multiple babies could be born at once.
The entire time since children were introduced I've only seen one kid be born.

Now we have triplets, that's two babies too many!

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

To hell with these guys!

Not only did they crash through my roof, the first thing they did was light a baby on fire, a baby!

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

yoloer420 posted:

I started a new game with only the anomaly DLC loaded, no other mods, no other DLC.

I have no idea how to start the anomaly content. Apparently there should be a marker on the world map or something. I can't find it though :(

Can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction?

There should be something called a fallen monolith in the area you started in, you interact with it to turn on spooky mode.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I just discovered something fun.

With the death pall.

Turns out it doesn't just affect humans, but any animal as well.
Which was fine, right up until one of my colonists decided it was a good idea to slaughter one of our donkeys
The donkey came to life in the middle of the pen and started stomping the chicks, who also started coming back to life.

It was like a game of whack-a-mole with the chicks getting back up, until I came up with a brilliant idea.

Whenever my melee pawn put one of the chicks down he would simply eat the corpse like a chicken nugget.
Farm crisis averted!

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I have a couple bookcases.

The one in the rec room is filled with novels that boost recreation.

The one in the science lab has all the text books and schematics and the like, plus a couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Spoiler for one the Anomaly entities.

I just unleashed the pain sphere on a raid, dear God how are you meant to stop this thing if you have to fight it?