Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eltoasto posted:

Which pregnancy mod are you using?

Decent thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

What mod would you all recommend for more job specificity? The Fluffy manager mod?

Also whats a good way to get a pawn to just trash old gear? Ive alot of tainted clothing Ive no need to store, does any mod let me set a priority area to do a job? Like for instance "use this repair bench on items in this zone?" (Repair bench being a mod ofc)

So far only using combat extended, and I should probably have allowed ammo usage. Even charge rifles kinda suck vs Recon Armor, I imagine the AP ammo is needed to do the job.

Had a raider in a recon vest fleeing and four charge rifles kept bruising her chest area and limbs and they only died after 4 hits to the back of the head on their steel helmet!

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 13, 2021

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Holy poo poo, the raiders in recon armor showing up are a huge roadblock in combat extended. Started as tribals on second year, and I dont even have guns researched. Bought two 44 magnums.

How should I deal with those assholes showing up?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I imagine getting knighted ASAP to have the troopers callin would help too.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao god drat it

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anno posted:

I just like starting with the same 3 pawns every game to take them on another whacky adventure across the Rim. There’s plenty of randomness down the road.

Same, this is my prefered way to do things

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hey anyone want to join my religion?

Haha no? Oh.... ok...

Ok....

Ok.......

*Burns down research bench*

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ok nobody wants join my religion? Im slaughtering donkeys now. This is your fault.

Edit: donkeys rule btw. Sell for a bit shy of $200 silver per, decent reproduction rate.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

So Ive got a hard Psychite addiction going on with a pawn. Will psychite tea every 2 days ward off that -35 mood malus?

I decided to try the Psychology mod too, is methadone a good move?

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 30, 2021

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Any opinions on Joywires itc? Think they may be ok on Siegebreaker armored pawns using Combat Extended since they are immuje to most weapon fire.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 31, 2021

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Too perfect to be a bug, imo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I funded my nuclear weapons program entirely on sheep wool. Its crazy how well it sells.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Holy poo poo Rimatomics is magnificent. Shame its so lategame, a lil reactor would be nice.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I play CE with vanilla/no ammo, but you specifically have to nerf centipedes and termites by hand because they have more armor than a charge weapon can penetrate by default. That or change vanilla ammo to use AP ammo stats.

I enjoy the combat changes, and in ways it makes melee better too due to ballistic shields.

The ammo system is.... kinda cool, as in I can see the reasoning for it, but its excessive for this game and a net negative. Ranges are excessive though yeah (55 range on assault rifles)

Also dislike the use/appearance of RL guns, they are way out of place in this setting. And the encumbrance system is dumb and should be optional.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 4, 2021

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

FUNDAMENTAL SUPER-ISLAM motherfucker :black101:

Believe it

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

What resource mods would you all recommend? Steel alternatives would be cool for said stuff like concrete etc

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ive never used Rimsenal. Is an additional accuracy mod recommended vs vanilla, or is it fine out of the box?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

i just had a Thrumbo self-tame, and a Megasloth.

The Thrumbo shits ALOT.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Telsa Cola posted:

I killed ~200 pawns with a single howtizer shell (grouped up feudal level group) and went well its a shame I don't eat meat because that's a lot of meals.

I hate how inaccurate the howitzers are :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Thats probably my mistake, I wasnt using a spotter with binocs :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Maybe it should be launching your own colonists rather than the outright "we're leaving, bye" experience you get now? Ive not completed a campaign in years tho so idk if its been changed.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Omnicarus posted:

I'm guessing we get vehicles and multi-tile pawns

Worlds fattest man character trait.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

That sounds very cool. Ill check that out definitely.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Saw a bigass bee at work that was hovering near a bench outside. Looked like a hornet. Decided to eat my cheesesteak standing up instead. Anyway, I punched a wall into dust.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Vanilla Expanded flamethrower is fun with them. I love that thing.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hail, Stink!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Popete posted:

Love when one of my pawns throws a tantrum and proceeds to punch our entire medicine stack into oblivion during year 1.

Yeah like I get that its part of the games charm, but poo poo like that just makes me reload

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

edit: nm was thinking of another thing

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Newbie mechinator question: About how prepared should I be before I call down the first boss?

Make sure you have the MGR: Revengeance soundtrack queued up.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

drat, books look sweet as hell.

I finally bought Rimworld, now to decide on DLC -_-

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Strapped for cash atm but I'll grab Ideology first I think, then Biotech. ty!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Aww Combat Extended isnt updated for 1.5 yet :( I really like that mod, though I think Im in the minority

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Whole team returns with Gout

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

jokes posted:

there will be a screenshot of a room where every wall tile is pregnant

Agreed.... for I shall take that screenshot!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

lmao

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Same tbh!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Spooked ya!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

You guys hear about this cube thing?