Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Lt. Lizard posted:

Really hate this one, because large bodies of water limiting possible approaches was one of the few terrain features that could rival mountain bases for safety. This eliminates that and pigeonholes you even harder into mountain bases being the one optimal way to play.

That was probably the design intent, if I had to guess. Mountain bases are vulnerable to infestations. Now shoreline bases are vulnerable to aqua-bots.

Whether there is parity in the difficulty is open to debate though. There are a lot of ways to control infestations, both in architecture and with colonist tactics. Shorelines don't have the same breadth of options, save maybe an ugly coastal barrier.

All that being said, we also don't know how the new threats will work either. Maybe mountains will get new hazards that put it on par with submerged foes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Took some time to get my base up-and-running before I engaged in the Anomaly stuff. Thoughts so far:

- new music is dope
- the alternate research progression is fun. I wish some aspects of standard research were also based on recovering tech to get a boost to the tree (though I hear there are mods that do something similar)
- quality of life upgrades are huge. I freaked out a little when I zoomed out and saw blue silhouettes, thinking my mods were wonky, but those highlights are helpful

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

If you have a pawn with good social you can just arrest people out of mental breaks. They don't get catharsis but I've found it quite useful.

How does 'unarresting' them work? Since they're a prisoner, do you need to re-recruit them, or does releasing return them to normal?

This tactic would've been handy to know when my Knight leader started releasing entities last night!

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
I chronophaged a prisoner into the ripe old age of 130 before his brain gave out

Now my colony is full of hot singles in their 20s

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Sheesh you would think that the boss of a faction that I just skip abducted would be worth more

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
Completed my first Anomaly victory. Wheweeee that last stretch is a doozy

Sad because I never had the warm embrace of cube in my colony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

At least she's really into it

Making the baby? It's fine. But delivering the baby? Exquisite