Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
About time we got a new thread that old one was out of date to hell and back.
Mods can you change it from shitpost please? THanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Protip: Run the tutorials for free cash and other things.

Also if you play a lot the next 5 days maybe? YOu'll get a poo poo ton of money and good items Great time to start.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Richard M Nixon posted:

It's good to see there is still a goon presence in the game. I abandoned everyone many months ago, but it looks like there have been a great deal of improvements since the early months, so I may see some goons in action once again. Glad my OP didn't go to waste.

Well if you come to shangrila definitely. Otherwise it can be luck of the draw with characters as they have both servers fighting against each other now.

Not a lot of us left but those who are are pretty dedicated. The game has made a lot of HUGE improvements in the past few months. It still isn't perfect but my god did they make it easier to get suits. EX evengs are a lot more generous and the current event is raining monkey tickets and suits.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

OrangeSoda posted:

I got my first DX ticket today! Should I actually use it in the DX gashapon or is it still a "you might not get anything" deal? I also got a master mechanic ticket, for if/when I do get something I want.

EDIT: Also I got a rental Z'Gok from a red crate in the GP gasha. It's pretty awesome, if you like hard-hitting beam weapons and melee. Oh and punching through GMs iconically.

1. Switch servers

We'll have you swimming in DX tickets so you can make it rain.

2: Save for 10 especially with how the new DX is.

10 tickets get you 11 boxes.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Hmm I figured it didn't install right cause every time I do that I get an error initialize failed [code : -1] pop up.

edit, Yeah I dunno the shortcut just poops out that error code and the normal exe just tells me to launch it from the launcher in japanese.

Ok got it working. Apparently I had to switch my clock to japan time to patch. I'm in as rbattle

See your message sent you a tell did you apply to NEO-GOONSA?

E: Kacho got you. If you're on today or tomorrow contact us ASAP. Press TAB till you get green text to talk in guild.

We wanna run you through Co-Op before tomorrow for bonuses.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Dec 31, 2013

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

We need to get you into the guild so we can do co-op together. The rewards are huge for the time spent(10 minutes, if it goes according to plan):

This week:

60,0000 GP
2x Co-op coordinate tickets(Vanity item, dress up your anime. Sells for 10,000 GP each otherwise)
2x DX tickets
2x Master mechanic tickets

We got a lot of new people so now is the time to start up and join!

The event is going on all next week to so we'll try and get you a co-op tomorrow for lots of fab prizes.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

stoutfish posted:

I am finally getting kills. This game takes a while to get used to.

No wonder feds run around with laser swords, melee is great. The dozel(?) zaku is solid and good and you get it early.

HAHAHAHAHA
Oh boy, we need to have a sit down and talk about how lucky you guys are you started when you did.

Back in my day we didn't have any melee units that were good. We got a gouf custom rental for 10 battles and that was it.

Protip:
Change your combat camera to senter when meleeing to hit things easier. it shiould be the page up key I think,

E:Dozle Zaku is to commemorate Christmas week to New Years. You can't get them anymore after January 7th. It's a great starter unit for sure.

Farm the hell out of this event guys. Get as far as you can. You won't regret it if you stick with the game. It will make your life a ton easier.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Try updating direct x and your graphic card.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Tomorrow evening will be your last chance to probably do a co-op bonus so if you need it done be on tomorrow night at latest.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

^Introducing the Japanese to American culture haha

You really pulled through for us on the sniper clan challenge too :allears:

Thanks for helping everyone get paid!

Hey now I was getting a few hundred on my zaku 1 sniper too! I finished that one off.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I learned a very :negative: thing about feddies today. They get a suit the pre type GM that I would put on par with the act zaku in terms of performance. They get this suit as a starter and gold prints are basically the equivalent of the Zaku II J heavy unit. This suit is insane. It also gets 10 slots compared to the Acts 4.
The cost is basically 1/4th of an Act Zaku and the reuse time is insanely low.

God drat I hate feddies. They get beam charge rifles like candy on every suit. All we get it on is the Act Zaku. Which I will now be shooting for because holy crap charge beam rifles are the greatest thing ever.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

Co-op cleared, Amuro defeated! Felled by a slap from Troika's Juagg.

very nice! I fell asleep the second I left. Next week maybe we can get Amuro. Looks like the feds are going to win this week though. We really riled up a wasp nest by winning a month+ in a row.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I wont be on much besides co-op these next few weeks. I need to focus on my school work and projects. So sorry if you guys don't see much of me.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Free Triangle posted:

New patch is out.

New EX Gashacon has 300 items inside. Aside from the usual DX and Master mechanic tickets, deck cost and garage tickets can be acquired here as well, a first for the EX Gashacon.

Sell deck cost tickets they arent permanent and are totally not worth it.

Good luck guys.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh guys. Guess what it looks like we all got 30 master tickets for some reason.
Enjoy.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
The Gelgoog Cannon is my new love. This suit is beastly in dealing damage and taking it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Gentlemen, today begins the turning point in the war. Zeon is going to begin its year long humiliation and suffering with brutal and violent payback!

Victory is at hand for us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjaZe3lPF8

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 29, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Glad to see so many new people. Bazookas have once again done a 180 and become from bad to amazing with the new knockdown shenanigans.

So powerful, you barely have to even hit em. So splash may be worth it once more.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

That was a lot of fun! Also yeah I got around to messaging a mod about the tag :v:

I made it to the last rank of silver matchmaking today. Still slowly gaining PP but I'm not a fan of how much your PP swings depends on whether you win or lose, since you have so little influence on that. It's pretty brutal if you get a B loss now.

The only way to counter that is it consistently place in the top 5. That's how I lost my gold rank when I went from support to everything actually fun.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Well they still probably will kick you for having an english name. Even telling them to make the federation suck it down got me kicked a few times.

Also I still bet you next balance patch sees a bunch of zeon nerfs. It's too good to believe that they made zeon suits more equal to gundams.

I've never been kicked. They like me though cause I get poo poo done :3:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Whoever said max range continuous beam rifle sniper is extremely annoying, I totally agree. Gave my lv 5 range extension zaku I sniper a max range continuous beam L and went to town on the walled city map.

I was doing this before it was cool :colbert: It got me from 20th place to 1st place several times by single handedly taking out white bases.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Well it's double cool now that you can use a 135mm at the same time so you're not stuck to JUST being annoying :colbert:

Oh that laser gun isnt JUST annoying. It murders and that's hilarious. If you see someone go down you can basically act like a pool of death laser piranhas.

E: also base defenses melt to it.

That and it is hilarious to out range kill other snipers trying to get a head shot on you only to realize they're out of range.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Yeah I can see it being a lot more potent if you had like a group of 3 people doing it over mumble. Just one felt pretty weak, even on downed enemies.

I remember seeing way back in the day a group of 6 trolls doing this and it was slightly annoying / effective.

Now it would actually be brutal like co-op snipers.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kraven Moorhed posted:

I played this briefly (read: one or two days) a long while ago, but in the past week I've powered through MSG and the first half of Zeta, so I gotta scratch the itch. Hopefully my old account hasn't been wiped, but we'll see after I finish downloading. Has the Goonguild always been on Shangrila?

No there was something on Francesca. Also things have greatly improved over the past year. So you're going to enjoy getting useful units and not being poo poo pushed by the feddies.

You're entering the new zeon golden era.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

randombattle posted:

Someday I will get a sniper suit and be able to snipe but good god I think I blew all my luck on that first DX gachapon that I did.

You guys have so many good things you can easily get now. Back in my day the best thing I HAD was an experimental zgok which was godly until the aqua gundam with bonus laser damage game out. So I had it for about 1 week.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

I'm just gonna stick with WTFast btw has anyone tried simply creating another account for WTFast to get another free trial or does it not work like that?

It stores some macro inside your registry keys I think. If you removed that you could prolly use it over and over but :effort:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
What is this valentine day thing?
http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/event/20140212/

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
TUESDAY NIGHT! That means in house co-op within the next hour. Get your butt on if you want DX and Gold tickets.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

Oh the other hand my last 10 games have been 1 win 9 losses :( Zeon getting stomped by feddie golds.

We lack serious leadership / good commanders. I got sick of it last night and won us a Jaburo with my basic notepad commanding. We had the difficult side too.

Free Triangle posted:

Good to hear. Feddies are definitely trying hard to win this week.

It isn't helping I checked today and we're at like 51% already. They can't handle our overwhelming power :getin:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
We're holding pretty well at 32 active members. We may do some more cuts of inactives so if you have interests keep on playing. 30 makes it easy for us to make money you have basically until Tuesday to login and play a match to ensure you're still with us.

Once our newcomers level up we'll prolly expand to the next tier permanently as we'll be able to make the needs it requires which are pretty retarded.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Nice to see us with such an active body. Soon as you guys get better suits and more skills I think we'll be able to start making the next tier cap and grow even more.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I have a DX platoon challenge that I need to get done tonight.

No idea what it is, gonna need a hand though.

E: DX geto.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 28, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
1.5mil into dom tropen silver GP.
No golds 1 print of a tropen silver so far...
Its dicking me over with lovely paint cans and decal prints.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Whoops I necroed the old thread, hey this is still a thing cool.

We're actually thriving now 30 members on our server. We'd have probably 40/50 or more but we had to cut a few because we need to keep the guild weekly doable. Active members stay in but if you havent played in a month or so we cut you and send a message saying to ask for a reinvite if you come back. That said we have the biggest English speaking guild and we place fairly high every week.

That aside it has improved a lot in a year. Still has some issues but they've done a good job.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

Literally had a sword duel just now with a gundam in my stock silver Dom. I lost cause I suck but it was actually a nice thing up until the point I died. That and another gundam with less scruples rocketing me when I was down.

edit: Anyone who can read this poo poo mind telling me what he's saying?

In game death threat.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

not really probably a close to promotion thing.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
New patch broke the game. I'm out.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

It's just a tax increase calm down.

Bah!

Well luckily I'm not buying Banannanana coins. I got sugita already :3:.

I really feel disappointed with the game right now. I played last night got 8 just by ferrying containers. I was top 4 for a bit too till I died. The games are really hodgepodge for zeon right now.

My mix was a bunch of brass silver and gold vs a solid gold team of feddies. :negative: It looks like 99% of Zeon isn't happy with the changes towards federation bias once more.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I just poured another mil into the Dom Tropen GP box. That makes about 2 mil spent total. I got about 20 red boxes out of the 300 tickets i spent.

99% of them were spray cans.
I got 1 zudah silver print (who gives a flying gently caress? Trash unit).

GJ bandai.

E:
2.5mil now. No additional prints.

That's right kids, 2.5 mil for 1 silver tropen and a silver zudah.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I'm back in town still need to do co-op. Any chance of getting this done tonight?

• Locked thread