Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
I got my first DX ticket today! Should I actually use it in the DX gashapon or is it still a "you might not get anything" deal? I also got a master mechanic ticket, for if/when I do get something I want.

EDIT: Also I got a rental Z'Gok from a red crate in the GP gasha. It's pretty awesome, if you like hard-hitting beam weapons and melee. Oh and punching through GMs iconically.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

randombattle posted:

Am I doing something wrong in that I get the launcher, run it, click on gundam online and then the orange button to download and then the I only need to hit once more to patch? Every time I hit the button it looks like it downloads the whole game again.

I don't know what it is, but don't bother with that button ever again after it patches, just run the shortcut you made to the game's EXE.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Zeirnaton posted:

got my first gold GP suit 280 cost efreet shotgun trait

http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/UC0083/

I wonder if this means Zeon might end up getting the Xamel as a artillery unit?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

When I got my daily in last night, I was laughing pretty hard at the Dom without a bazooka. The bazooka pretty much defines the Dom, it can't beat the Armour Enhanced GM shotgunner otherwise.

I feel like the Gelgoog was the only decent unit in that setup, won the match and scored 9th with careful beam rifle / occasional melee play. Naginata D was fun.

I thought the limited vs thing was gonna be really fun, which is why I came back.

Instead it's a choice between "really one-sided fight" and "everyone dies because Alex."

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

Today's grenade/melee only gimmick was pretty fun. Played with AlBorland and won every match. Zeon is winning the war somehow this week too.

Agreed, this is really fun. Now I kinda want one of these cold weather (I think?) doms since they seem to be a really good bazooka unit (that and it's my second favorite mobile suit).

The aquatic battle will probably be fun too. For some reason i'm really good with aquatic units. Hell, one of the few times I ever got top 10 was in a hygogg, somehow.

V Is the Rick Dom better than the other types?

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 25, 2014

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

The feddies just get more and more OP, but we just keep winning. That's basically the gist of it.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Al Borland posted:

damage on gouf custom gatling guns went up by like 200+ points

Almost On par with the alex now.

Holy poo poo /what/.

I need to start using my Gouf Custom again.

EDIT: Why did they buff the Alex even further, this is going to suck so much when the event ends :negative:

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 29, 2014

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Oh, that's much better! Thanks for clearing that up.

These balance changes are looking great. Do you think perhaps the current event has been monitored to come up with these changes?

EDIT: I'm not sure about the problem with zeon pubbies. I got bored and melee-charged a giant "siege" of feddies on the Jaburo map, since it was clear neither side was going to budge. Instead of hanging back, most of the players followed me in and ripped apart the federation players in a confusing storm of melee and dashes. Sometimes they'll just sit there and play giant robot counterstrike, other times they pick up on things really well.

I think my problem is I need to use more bazookas, though I really love that Ridden Gelgoog as well. It didn't seem to do as much damage as that purple one a few maps back, but it's easy to lead targets most of the time. Are there any other MS like it? A sniper unit that doesn't require you to be a sitting duck to be effective?

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 29, 2014

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

UC0080 is over tonight.

A perfect picture to sum up UC0080.

gently caress you, Alex.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBBLBaDqCs0

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 3, 2014

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Oh my god. Bazookas are now a situational thing instead of the only viable weapon. Guns can actually do stuff now. Melee feels like it works way better. Fights consist of giant robots zipping around, dodging artillery fire and shooting at each other, occasionally trying to kill each other with badass melee weapons in crazy dances of death.

This is the most Gundam this game has actually felt in a long time :swoon:

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

If Gundams have souls can there be ghost Gundams haunting battlefields?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Of course wing gundam would be the one to dance to that.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Until I got the gelgoog jaeger, I didn't like sniper units.

Now, I love them.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Free Triangle posted:

Are you on Shangri-la? I see a character called OrangeSA there but it has no games played, did you make a new account/character? I think I still have yet to invite you.

Clan benefits include free money/DX/Master tickets and customization bonuses when upgrading.

Yeah, I made a new character there, but it's hard to switch over. All of my awesome MS are on francesca.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Zeirnaton posted:

the next big update will be the Zeta series Update!

http://www.4gamer.net/games/144/G014476/20141225035/

Oh god yes. I really hope it covers ZZ too, just so I can use my favorite MS in the series. Hell, i'll even take the mass-produced ones:

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

You guys weren't kidding about the Gouf Custom improvements. In urban maps, it's an unstoppable death machine. I managed to get 8 kills in one life by hanging around while feddies kept trying to sneak into one of our bases. They would, without fail, fly right past me and let me shoot them in the back before they could react. Since it was a night map, it was easy to spot snipers charging up their rifles on buildings as well. Once you manage to get close they're basically helpless. This is making it harder and harder to switch over to the server you guys are on, but i'm still making plans to. The allure of the Gouf Custom's deadly bullet stream is powerful.

(Coincidentally, the guy who finally got me was piloting an EZ-8 and slashed me in the back while I was shooting at one of his allies)

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

It probably wouldn't have done me much good, he just kinda dashed in from behind and stabbed me through the back while I was trying to ambush someone else. The heat rod trait sounds amazing though and I really hope someday I can get one with it.

Also, I leveled my alt enough to be recruited, the "OrangeSA" one. I randomly ran into Lynette as well, followed by a dual repair-zaku base infiltration that came to an abrupt end thanks to a sniper GM, but was fun while it lasted.

EDIT: Not leveled enough yet, nevermind. Have a pretty good MS though thanks to putting a ton of Gp into the gasha, since the event tickets basically got me zakus. A cold districts Dom, actually.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 31, 2014

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

PadreScout posted:

Welp, I'm doing something wrong. I've let the entire thing patch 3 times now at a couple 3 hours a pop and it doesn't seem to actually install. There is a popup when i load the launcher which is probably telling me something I need to know. I'm going to have to reread the instructions and ascertain exactly where I done gone and hosed up.

Did you set your computer's clock to japan's timezone before patching?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

The Gouf Custom is one of the best suits Zeon has right now, actually.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Holding one of the tunnels as the last survivor of a group by bombarding the EFSF with bazooka shots while spamming SIEG ZEON! is even better, though.

Hiding behind rubble in the city with the Gouf Custom is great though, with less people on the surface, it seems alot easier to sneak up on everyone.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

I'm not sure if I like what's happened with the pixie becoming the new Feddie overpowered win machine or not. On one hand it's basically useless in anything but melee, unlike the alex which was just good at everything pre-nerf. On the other, iv'e seen just one of them leap into a group of people and one-shot kill them all in one slash because dual beam sabers and wide swings :smith: However, they're also pretty useless in the big picture of things. Sure they're getting kills, but they're usually the kind of people who are only in it for that, they rarely go for deployables or even bases and have a hard time with that second one.

Is there any real counter to them? Iv'e tried shooting them in the face with bazookas and lasers while they're on approach, but it doesn't kill them fast enough.

V Well poo poo. I suppose they are. Also if you can predict their jumpy little lunge thing, shotguns seem to work well against them. Dodge the dash then shoot them in the back.

OrangeSoda fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 5, 2015

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Wait, how are you even spending money on this game?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU_azR1t92s

Why can't we get cool pranks like this?

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

We may have lost, but as someone who is nowhere near as skilled as the rest of the clan and usually placing 30-ish, this was amazing:

The Dom Tropen with f-bazooka and d-type melee is a beast, I kept watching feddies hide behind corners in melee suits, at which point i'd shoot the ground/wall near them until they died. The Gouf Custom also hasn't let me down yet again, though it's only rental. Once I get a master mechanic ticket i'll be making a (hopefully) much better one.

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

Are any of the EX suits any good? I heard the Dom wasn't, but what about the two zakus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

The Qubeley is in!? :aaa:

...Oh, but it sucks. :smith:

Hilariously enough my two favorite mobile suits in the series (Gouf Custom and Qubeley) are pretty terrible in the game it seems.

• Locked thread